ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Submitting three new FutureCast predictions in favor of Notre Dame

Tyler James

I've posted how many times?
Staff
Dec 31, 2021
With the recruiting calendar now in a dead period and Notre Dame’s junior day a couple of weeks in the rearview mirror, I’m ready to make some FutureCast predictions for Notre Dame’s 2025 class. And they’re not all the same ones I was considering making two weeks ago.

As a reminder, I still have two FutureCasts already in Notre Dame’s favor for OT Owen Strebig from July and WR Jerome Bettis Jr. from September. Both have yet to announce decisions, though Strebig's is coming Thursday.

I’ll formally enter three more into the Rivals system on Wednesday, but, as always, I give our subscribers advanced notice. Those three are ...

Four-star CB Mark Zackery

Notre Dame remains in great shape with the in-state cornerback. The top competition for the Irish has shifted from Ohio State to Michigan, but Notre Dame is the constant in that for a reason. I believe the Irish will eventually win this battle.

Four-star CB Dallas Golden

A source still feels “awesome” about Notre Dame’s position for the Florida cornerback. Last weekend’s visit to Clemson may have given Golden a reason to slow down his recruitment, but the Irish will continue to push in the hopes of getting him in the class sooner rather than later.

Cornerbacks coach Mike Mickens will have put together a deep and talented class if he can get Zackery and Golden to join four-star CB Cree Thomas.

Three-star OT Matty Augustine

Assuming Strebig commits to Notre Dame on Thursday, Augustine will then become the next offensive tackle who is most likely to join the Irish class. Offensive line coach Joe Rudolph continues to hit all the right notes with Augustine, the teammate of 2025 safety commit Ethan Long.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News