ADVERTISEMENT

Steve Angeli

ldlgoirish

Irish Insider
Gold Member
Jan 2, 2022
Hi Eric & Tyler! During the podcast (or football never sleeps) you characterized Steve Angeli's arm strength as close to Ian Book. We all know there is a lot that goes into playing QB. From what I have seen I disagree with your assessment on arm strength. . I see a QB with excellent mechanics with an array of throws, who is fairly accurate although not top line at this point. I be curious between the scrimmage today, and then the Blue Gold game, if you opinion would change. Here is close to what my assessment would be. I marked up someone else's NFL draft grades to make my points.

Quarterback Ability

Arm Talent:
  • Arm Strength (6/10) – Arm strength is middling. Can push the ball downfield a bit, but nothing special with his arm strength. Stronger than Ian Book easily.
  • Touch Ability (4/5) – Throws nice with touch.
  • Release (3/5) – Average release.
Accuracy/Placement: He needs to improve on the move

• Accuracy (11.5/15) – Good accuracy. Struggles with consistency at times but has flashed the ability Ball will sail on him in the intermediate area when he tries to place it in between coverage zones.
  • Placement/Vision (7.5/10) – Placement is a lot of times off, Throws really well on timing concepts.
Pocket Presence:
  • Pocket Positioning (3/5) –Adequate
  • Pocket Maneuverability (4/5) – Moves around the pocket very well.
Footwork: 10
  • Consistency (4/5) – Throws from a solid base and platform.
  • Quickness (3/5) – quick feet but not nearly as good as Ian Book.
Athleticism

Mobility:
  • Outside of the pocket (5/7) – Gets outside of the pocket well. Shows the ability to throw well on the move, but isn’t consistent as of today. Very capable of moving to the outside of the pocket.
  • Downfield Ability (3.5/5) – effective scrambler. He is a capable scrambler and even can be a designed runner on a limited basis
Improvability:
  • Natural Improvability (2/4) – Flashes some improvability but mostly in small increments
  • Play Extension (2/4) – good at moving to extend plays
Intelligence

Football IQ/Field Vision:
  • Football Intelligence (2.5/5) – Flashes solid football intelligence This can improve with reps
  • Ability to read pre-snap (3.5/5) – Reads pre-snap alignments pretty well. This can improve with reps
Overall: – 7th Round NFL pick or free agent Again with reps and play can improve

Reactions: GCND
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News