ADVERTISEMENT

Stanford

Why not compare Northwestern to Virginia instead? The Irish survived a scare on the road.....and Stanford came close at Northwestern. It is fair to say both ND and Stanford played poorly in those games and are better than that. Stanford will be a very hostile venue and a very willing opponent.

Hogan is doing well; he is playing within himself utilizing the talent around him. He manages the game well (?) is a threat to extend plays (wheels) and has at best an average arm that does not have a 'fast ball' nor down field range; (?)

Stanford has an excellent OL. They are running the football as is the Stanford game plan.
ND fans may recall Solomon Thomas; a Fr. who is the starting NT at 6'3 260 or so! Who comes to mind?

(I am always fascinated by the thought limitations of 'readers'. They can read each word individualy, but when putting them together: fubar.)

Last edited:
Hogan is in some rarefied space among some big name QBs at Stanford. He's also on everyone's watch list..... believe what you want, but his record says he is tracking to the next level.....

He's also super intelligent....

Career Notes• No. 2 all-time at Stanford in rushing yards by a quarterback
• No. 2 all-time at Stanford in completion percentage
• No. 2 all-time at Stanford in passing efficiency
• No. 7 all-time at Stanford in passing yards
• Tied for No. 4 all-time at Stanford in touchdown passes

As a Fifth-Year Senior (2015)

• Walter Camp Football Foundation Player of the Year watch list
• Maxwell Award watch list
• Davey O'Brien Award watch list
• Manning Award watch list
• Johnny Unitas Golden Arm Award watch list
• Phil Steele All-Pac-12 preseason third team
• Manning Award Star of the Week (Sept. 21)
• Pac-12 Offensive Player of the Week (Sept. 21)
• 25-9 overall as starting quarterback
• 12-6 vs. opponents ranked in AP top 25 (2012-active)
• Began career with 10 wins in as many starts
• No. 2 among active players in career wins as a starting quarterback
• 20 of 35 passing for 155 yards at Northwestern

As a Senior (2014)
• Team captain
• Foster Farms Bowl Offensive MVP
• Maxwell Award watch list
• Manning Award watch list
• Davey O'Brien Award watch list
• Johnny Unitas Golden Arm Award watch list

http://www.gostanford.com/ViewArticle.dbml?ATCLID=208167720
Tebow was a great college QB. If you can't throw you can't play in the NFL. Zero chance.

Who's ripping Hogan or Stanford? They will never compete for a National Title and Hogan will never start in the NFL. Shaw took over a 12-1 team with Andrew Luck at QB. Kelly took over a 6-6 team with Dayne Crist.

Five years later ND is a deeper more talented and highly ranked and regarded football program than Stanford. BTW my tailback rushed for 153 and 3 TD'S in a 32-6 win last night, where were you guys? At your mom's house eating Hot Pockets playing video football?

SCOUT: Hogan can't play in the NFL.

REP: Look I just copy and pasted all his accomplishments from a Stanford website!!

SCOUT: Oh, let me disregard the film study and the scouting combine reports and draft him now!

Said no one ever.

Reactions: bubby0212
Who's ripping Hogan or Stanford? They will never compete for a National Title and Hogan will never start in the NFL. Shaw took over a 12-1 team with Andrew Luck at QB. Kelly took over a 6-6 team with Dayne Crist.

Five years later ND is a deeper more talented and highly ranked and regarded football program than Stanford. BTW my tailback rushed for 153 and 3 TD'S in a 32-6 win last night, where were you guys? At your mom's house eating Hot Pockets playing video football?

How soon you forget. Remember " coach Shaw is a nothing"?

I guess your not a coach at Cardinal Newman. What team you coaching then? I would like to follow your progress into D1 football.

BTW Stanford did some rushing too., and coach Shaw is 45 - 13. Not bad for a nothing coach who had no head coaching experience with less experience, less talented, least regarded football program.

DIP: ok, since I have several of the above on 'iggy' I assume you are addressing one of those guys; be forewarned: they are 'all knowing'.

kelly made his best run with a team that had a backbone comprised of not his guys.

He admitted that.....

He later apologized for his divisive, embarrassing and stupid remarks.

You may remember Manti.

"Playin for my bros and that's it!!!!" Te'o posted.....

http://espn.go.com/college-football...-irish-offends-players-apologizes-report-says

Do you think Hogans Northwestern numbers might not be good because it the first game of the season on the road in a different time zone?

Stanford's offense is workmen like.

BTW what do you mean by "head case"?

Hogan's career numbers are outstanding. He's on pace to pass some legendary Stanford QBs records.

http://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/kevin-hogan-2.html

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=119587&draftyear=2016&genpos=QB

DIP...of course playing first game of the season on the road can explain an uneven performance for any player. It can explain inaccurate throws, but not the lack of velocity on his throws. But that wasn't my point, just an example. Hogan is widely regarded as very inconsistent. You won't watch a pre-game telecast without someone wondering aloud which Hogan will show up, the exceptional player who beat USC or the below average player who lost to Northwestern. Personally, I think he has some unannounced arm issue that flares up, but the alternative is that he is not mentally prepared to play his game. That's what I meant by head case. I'm a long time fan of Stanford and not flaming the program, but any follower of Stanford knows that Hogan is wildly inconsistent from one game to the next, and they are very hard to beat when he is on.

Reactions: deadirishpoet
You have to remind us of that? We have moved on from that.

Well, another poster was whining/crying about what kelly inherited personnel wise in this thread. I accurately pointed out the divisive and stupid remarks kelly directed at the backbone players of that NC run.
PS I have no idea which posters you are referencing with "we". Are you a spokesperson for a group?

Do you think Hogans Northwestern numbers might not be good because it the first game of the season on the road in a different time zone?

Stanford's offense is workmen like.

BTW what do you mean by "head case"?
Doesn't seem to be having an effect on BYU so far. The body clock that is

This coming from the "stooges" who come on here and give tutorials on the running game, passing game, special teams, red zone offense, strength and conditioning and recruiting. I'll be the first to admit Brian Kelly forgot more football than I'll ever know.

I'm at Dwyer HS this year. What are you coaching? Your left hand in the shower?

This coming from the "stooges" who come on here and give tutorials on the running game, passing game, special teams, red zone offense, strength and conditioning and recruiting. I'll be the first to admit Brian Kelly forgot more football than I'll ever know.

You have some serious issues. I'm sure your school health insurance offers out patient services. Check it out.

Are you involved in the wrestling program as well?

I follow high school wrestling very closely around the country I would like to see how you guys do there.

I did my high school wrestling on the northeast in New Jersey

Hogan's a good college QB. He doesn't have the arm for the pros, but he'll graduate with a great record at Stanford. That game @ Palo Alto will be one of our 3 toughest this year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT