ADVERTISEMENT

Stadium Seating Question

May 3, 2005
Question guys, Do the stairs go through the middle of the sections in the stadium? Anyone know how many seats are in each row? I'm sitting in section 16 row 44. Have been curious if seat 1 is halfway between 15 and 16 or if seat 1 is on the aisle. Make sense?

Thanks in advance, can't wait to take in the tradition of the ND campus next week!

Also, if I'm sitting in the lower deck, is the upper level accessible? Am I able to freely walk between the two?

You can walk freely to the upper deck but section ushers will stop you if you try to get in a section you don't belong. You can stroll the upper concourse to your heart's desire.

You can walk freely to the upper deck but section ushers will stop you if you try to get in a section you don't belong. You can stroll the upper concourse to your heart's desire.
Great thanks. I'm Im section 16, but wanted to get close to Touchdown Jesus in pregame warmups for some pics is all. Thanks for your response.

Still trying to figure out if my seat 4, and 5 are going to be 4 seats away from the aisle or if I'll Have 25 seats on my left and right to get to an aisle. not worried about "finding" my seats just the proximity of my seats to the aisle. Thanks

I read somewhere that the lowest seats(1, 2, 3 and so-on) are located nearest the previous setting.

So in your case, seat one of Section 16, is on the end of the row nearest 15. Hope that helps.

I just found out that I'll be in Section 9 for the USC game. Will be my first game. Can't wait.

The lower numbered seats are not necessarily at the end of a row. If you want to get a picture of TD Jesus from inside the stadium, pre-game is the way to go. The usher will most likely let you in a section you don't have a ticket for at that point for pictures. Once the hoopla starts, you'll have to make way for the fans who have seats in that section. The ushers are very good people, regular folk, and they understand the excitement of fans, especially first timers, and will try to accommodate if it is reasonable. Good luck.

In my section which I usher, there are 30 seats. Seats 1 to 14 are on the left side as you walk up to your seats/row with seats 15 to 30 on the right side. Seats 14 and 15 are on the aisle with seats 1 and 30 berried in the middle of the bench seating. Sitting in section 16 depending on how high you are, even in row 44 you most likely will not see ND Jesus from your seats. You are going to have to go to the upper bowl to get a view, section 116 in your case. However there is no easy way of getting to the upper bowl from you section so you will need to go up the outer concourse to get up there. The only sections which you can access the upper bowl from the lower is sections 9 and 10 on the east side and section 27 and 28 on the west side. Ushers will discourage you from climbing over the railing in all other sections, safety.

Since you are in the corner of the end zone the seats might be a little different then in my section since I am near the 50 yard line. The curve in you section makes things different and you are sitting in the visitor section. And yes you seats will be in the middle of the row.

Any how, let me be the first usher to tell you "Welcome to Notre Dame Stadium." Enjoy the game and the season ahead and Go IRISH!

IJ68: Have fun at your "cheerleading informational training session" this coming Saturday. Question....why do the gate personnel check bags and purses but jackets and heavy coats are never ever patted down? Seems to be a bad oversight. Might want to bring that up at the Saturday meeting. Anyway, you guys do a tremendous job. Have a great year. BTW: I tell first timers "Welcome to ND" and I'm not even an usher. It's an automatic reflex I guess, just from hearing the ushers say it for all these years.

Reactions: Irishjohn68
IJ68: Have fun at your "cheerleading informational training session" this coming Saturday. Question....why do the gate personnel check bags and purses but jackets and heavy coats are never ever patted down? Seems to be a bad oversight. Might want to bring that up at the Saturday meeting. Anyway, you guys do a tremendous job. Have a great year. BTW: I tell first timers "Welcome to ND" and I'm not even an usher. It's an automatic reflex I guess, just from hearing the ushers say it for all these years.
You are right about the cheer leading session. Since I am not at the gates when the search is on I can not answer that question. It is amazing what people can sneak into the stadium. One older lady brought in a 9 iron golf club, I kid you not. Another lady had a very small dog in a gym bag. One Purdue game, PU fans brought in about 20 bags of urine which they want to throw at ND fans after the game. Some weird shit.

BTW, are you going to the Texas game?

In my section which I usher, there are 30 seats. Seats 1 to 14 are on the left side as you walk up to your seats/row with seats 15 to 30 on the right side. Seats 14 and 15 are on the aisle with seats 1 and 30 berried in the middle of the bench seating. Sitting in section 16 depending on how high you are, even in row 44 you most likely will not see ND Jesus from your seats. You are going to have to go to the upper bowl to get a view, section 116 in your case. However there is no easy way of getting to the upper bowl from you section so you will need to go up the outer concourse to get up there. The only sections which you can access the upper bowl from the lower is sections 9 and 10 on the east side and section 27 and 28 on the west side. Ushers will discourage you from climbing over the railing in all other sections, safety.

Since you are in the corner of the end zone the seats might be a little different then in my section since I am near the 50 yard line. The curve in you section makes things different and you are sitting in the visitor section. And yes you seats will be in the middle of the row.

Any how, let me be the first usher to tell you "Welcome to Notre Dame Stadium." Enjoy the game and the season ahead and Go IRISH!

Thank you so much for your detailed response. Exactly what I was looking for. I did have a feeling I would have to cross 20 people if going to the restroom since my seats are 5 and 6. I plan on going to the upper section close to Touchdown Jesus as soon as I walk in the stadium about an hour before kickoff.

Thank you so much for your detailed response. Exactly what I was looking for. I did have a feeling I would have to cross 20 people if going to the restroom since my seats are 5 and 6. I plan on going to the upper section close to Touchdown Jesus as soon as I walk in the stadium about an hour before kickoff.
I believe the gates open 90 minutes before kick off so you will have plenty of time to walk around the upper deck. Once the stadium is full you don't want to head up there. Enjoy the game.

go Irish!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT