ADVERTISEMENT

Spring Ball Summary

Great Look ! and supports a lot of other sources. EG devolved into a
"forlorn, quivering tragedy" by SoCal but the kid is irrepressible and much to the chagrin of many, Looks to be the Starter come fall with an immensely talented MZ as an every game contributor.

"Ohio State's Cardale Jones is one of two quarterbacks returning who has led his team in an FBS Championship game. The other is Everett Golson."

Nice article.....though I think our RB's WITH Prosise and with MZ are NC level!

Agree both Rochell & Farley are key leaders in 2015.

It really is amazing the DEPTH that BK has available. Playoffs baby!!!

Go Irish!!!

hard not to drink the Kool-Aid after reading that. But like every year, i'll believe it when I see it

A few things occured to me while watching that should be noteworthy this fall .

Brown , Procise and Fuller all have track star speed ( will put tremendous pressure on secondary's ) OL should finally be ready to match recruiting ratings Tillery will be a star -- soon MLB has enough depth so as not to be wiped out by an unjury like last yr Safety positions are now a strength
Given all these bullet points and the fact that we were 8-0 pre injuries last yr ( including beating FSU @ FSU ) it seems to me we are sitting on something pretty special heading into the season .

Mr C (as 35 would say), the development of our safeties to positions of strength sure has my attention. Both looked confident and instinctive on Sat.

Now that most of the personnel issues seem to have largely been addressed on defense, the key remaining questions on that side of the ball will be (IMHO):

1. Now that he's been around for a year, what has BVG learned about scheming and creating a system that college kids can actually grasp and execute effectively?

2. How will the defensive staff, with new faces coaching the line and the secondary, gel and work together when the pressure is on (i.e., during the season) as opposed to when it's not (i.e., spring drills)?

3. Can the injuries somehow be minimized so the depth chart stays full for an entire season? (I thought 2013 was a "snake bit" kind of year for guys getting hurt on defense until 2014 happened!)

Originally posted by Telx1:

Mr C (as 35 would say), the development of our safeties to positions of strength sure has my attention. Both looked confident and instinctive on Sat.
Tex - Zahm ,

Redfield is a talented kid and now he is a baller -- Shumate and Farley hit like a brick shit house

RE Van Gorder and schemes etc I am a huge believer in talent wins -- these coaches all for the most part know how to diagram plays it is who is executing the plays that wins the day .

ND is loaded -- in fact I think they are almost as talented on defense as they are on offense .

I love that we have 7 kids ( 4 DT's- Daay - Jones - Tillery - Hayes and 3 MLB's - Grace / Schmidt - Morgan ) heading into Sept I hope we are insulated from the thing that took us down last yr - injuries up the middle of our defense . --- it destroyed our season and prevented us from something special last yr .

I think winning big this yr will be critical to bumping our recruiting up one more notch which will put us in elite status recruiting wise - a place where we have not been in over 20 yrs .

This post was edited on 4/20 6:10 PM by continuallyirish

This post was edited on 4/20 6:11 PM by continuallyirish

Continually, agreed on most points, but need and want that special DE that may still be matriculating in our system. King or Robertson (SP) would be perfect. How about you add your efforts to 35 and reel King into the fold sooner than later.

Originally posted by Zahmhall1994:
Now that most of the personnel issues seem to have largely been addressed on defense, the key remaining questions on that side of the ball will be (IMHO):

1. Now that he's been around for a year, what has BVG learned about scheming and creating a system that college kids can actually grasp and execute effectively?
I understand that it is a complicated scheme, but it worked pretty darn well until Schmidt got hurt. The ND guys are smart. I expect this year will look more like the first half of 2014 than the second half.

Between Rochell and Romeo we might be OK

The guantlet has been laid down for 35 - he knows the play . It simply is a matter of 35 getting it done on the national recruiting stage .

So it is written. So 35 will get it done.

Last edited:
"Ohio State's Cardale Jones is one of two quarterbacks returning who has led his team in an FBS Championship game. The other is Everett Golson."

Nice article.....though I think our RB's WITH Prosise and with MZ are NC level!

Agree both Rochell & Farley are key leaders in 2015.

It really is amazing the DEPTH that BK has available. Playoffs baby!!!

Matuska Martini Cage are not even in two deep they started vs USC

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT