ADVERTISEMENT

So who's your top 4?

FSU has plenty of business being in the top four. Michigan has played absolutely no one except Ohio State. Penn St is overrated and I've seen high school QB's more efficient than Drew Allar. The Big 10 had 8 of the 11 worst offenses in the nation this year.

The media is looking for justifications to keep FSU out, even if they win the ACC.

FSU has beaten five teams in conference (Syracuse, Duke, Clemson, Miami, Virginia Tech) that are .500 or better.
Michigan beaten two teams in the B10 with a winning record all season. Michigan didn't even play a non-conf game against a P5 opponent.
Michigan has dominated its opposition more than any other team, though. Nobody gets a lead on the Wolverines and They controlled the game, defensively and offensively from the beginning to the end. It be interesting to see what happens when they have to play another high-level team on a neutral field or have to do a twice in a row – it will be tough but it’s tough for every team.

FSU desrves to be in there for what it has accomplished, but if we’re looking at the four best teams, even with Jordan Travis, I don’t think the Seminoles are there. They have not controlled their games against weaker opposition the same way as the best teams do against weaker opposition. Now, on top of all of this, they don’t have the quarterback, and whoever plays them in the number one versus number four match up is going to have a much much much easier game than having to play a team like Oregon or Georgia, which throws off the balance of everything since there is no clear cut number one team. From an entertainment standpoint, Florida State being in the top four messes things up.

FSU has plenty of business being in the top four. Michigan has played absolutely no one except Ohio State. Penn St is overrated and I've seen high school QB's more efficient than Drew Allar. The Big 10 had 8 of the 11 worst offenses in the nation this year.

The media is looking for justifications to keep FSU out, even if they win the ACC.

FSU has beaten five teams in conference (Syracuse, Duke, Clemson, Miami, Virginia Tech) that are .500 or better.
Michigan beaten two teams in the B10 with a winning record all season. Michigan didn't even play a non-conf game against a P5 opponent.
Agreed. FSU's undefeated. They can't take away their undefeated season from them just because their QB got injured. That wouldn't be fair, and I'm certainly no FSU fan saying that.

Michigan has dominated its opposition more than any other team, though. Nobody gets a lead on the Wolverines and They controlled the game, defensively and offensively from the beginning to the end. It be interesting to see what happens when they have to play another high-level team on a neutral field or have to do a twice in a row – it will be tough but it’s tough for every team.

FSU desrves to be in there for what it has accomplished, but if we’re looking at the four best teams, even with Jordan Travis, I don’t think the Seminoles are there. They have not controlled their games against weaker opposition the same way as the best teams do against weaker opposition. Now, on top of all of this, they don’t have the quarterback, and whoever plays them in the number one versus number four match up is going to have a much much much easier game than having to play a team like Oregon or Georgia, which throws off the balance of everything since there is no clear cut number one team. From an entertainment standpoint, Florida State being in the top four messes things up.
Michigan's competition by and large has been some of the worst offensive football teams in the nation.

Agreed. FSU's undefeated. They can't take away their undefeated season from them just because their QB got injured. That wouldn't be fair, and I'm certainly no FSU fan saying that.
Its supposed to be the 4 BEST teams and just because fsu is undefeated doesn't mean that they should be in. And certainly not without Travis. All the more reason for a 12 team playoff, this year more than ever with so many teams comparable and no one dominant team.

Reactions: notredamerises23
Its supposed to be the 4 BEST teams and just because fsu is undefeated doesn't mean that they should be in. And certainly not without Travis. All the more reason for a 12 team playoff, this year more than ever with so many teams comparable and no one dominant team.
They've won all their games, including beating LSU and Florida from the vaunted SEC. So if they beat Louisville, they should definitely be in IMO. You can't keep an undefeated P5 conference champion out.

Georgia or Alabama
Washington or Oregon
Florida State
Texas

• Haha
Reactions: Golson5
Its always been the 4 most deserving

Cheaters do not qualify.
TP---I get what you are saying, I really do; however, cheating in CFB goes on at many places, starting with the up front money being distributed to induce high end players to their respective teams.

The SEC and ESPN are lobbying hard to put a possible 12-1 SEC champ Alabama in over a 13-0 ACC champ FSU, based upon the "eye test".

You could argue that FSU didn't look like one of the four best teams last week. But neither did Bama.

The SEC and ESPN are lobbying hard to put a possible 12-1 SEC champ Alabama in over a 13-0 ACC champ FSU, based upon the "eye test".

You could argue that FSU didn't look like one of the four best teams last week. But neither did Bama.
Zero chance 13-0 Florida St. is left out.

Again. Zero.

Zero chance 13-0 Florida St. is left out.

Again. Zero.
I tend to agree but they are no way shape or form one of 4 best in country(certainly without Travis/and even with him I have my doubts). IDGAFF if they are undefeated or not

TP---I get what you are saying, I really do; however, cheating in CFB goes on at many places, starting with the up front money being distributed to induce high end players to their respective teams.
Not this level of cheating the actual game itself. This isn't a bag of cash to a recruit. This is an admission of "we aren't good enough, so let's take this cheating thing to a whole new level."

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT