ADVERTISEMENT

Signing Day Predictions

Another thing I get when I watch film of Flemister. You know what I'm really freaking tired of? Bryan Driskell alluded to this in a podcast. We had way too many skill position guys who it seemed did not demand the ball. They seemed way too indifferent to me. Doesn't seem like Flemister is that type of football player. Will be a stud. Mark my words. Him and bauer 2 best players in this class.

I like both the players you mentioned but I disagree with you that they will be the two best players in the class. IMO, 2 of Jayson Ademilola, Shayne Simon, Kevin Austin and Phil Jurkovec will take that honour. Nick Petit-Frere would enter that mix as well.

If I had to guess, Ademilola and Austin would be my pick as the top two guys 4 years from now.

NPF is trending to tOSU. ND looks out of it. Bama is dropping out. UF is barely hanging in it.

NPF is trending to tOSU. ND looks out of it. Bama is dropping out. UF is barely hanging in it.
Really? And he visited there last....what exactly does Meyer do to when recruits arrive?

Sad really....if he wants to go to school and not get an education he could go somewhere warmer.

Reactions: justified1
Nobody is at all suprised about this are they?.. Should Nick choose OSU tomorrow it would just be another example of Urban owning Kelly's soul in recruiting as he does each year. Meyer and Alford are monsters on the trail. ND has nobody close to that level in comparison.

Props to Ohio State and Urban if they pull this one off. Kid is going to be elite and it doesn't shock me that he wants to play at an elite program, for an elite coach.

This is a kid that goes to an elite academic institution and whose family truly cares about academics. He also plays a position from which ND has put 3 consecutive starters into the 1st round of the NFL Draft. By every report, an absolute "ND Kid"... But Meyer and his staff are just better. Straight up better. You can't even be angry about that lol. They just find a way when ND doesn't.

Last edited:
Would Eason be our last recruit of the day, if he signs?
Still in on Patterson and Keys, and fingers crossed in hope for NPF even if unlikely. Am I missing anyone? UPDATE: Eason to ncst is done.

Last edited:
Bird is the word. Seems like the mods pumping UCLA signing an olineman from wiscy is being pumped on twitter as a tell they don’t think they got Patterson. See what happens.[/QUOTE

Yes fingers crossed.

Word on Eason is ncsu had stopped recruiting and he was thought to be all ND, but at the last minute he had a change of heart about the distance from home. He would have been a project, but a nice late addition. Per Wolfpack club friends of mine.

How about the Clemson line class.... Sheesh

5 star #1 SDE Xaxier Thomas
5 star #3 WDE KJ Henry
5 star #2 OT Jackson Carman
4 star #8 WDE Justin Mascoll
4 star #7 DT Josh Belk
3 star DT Darnell Jefferies
3 star OT Jordan McFadden

How about the Clemson line class.... Sheesh

5 star #1 SDE Xaxier Thomas
5 star #3 WDE KJ Henry
5 star #2 OT Jackson Carman
4 star #8 WDE Justin Mascoll
4 star #7 DT Josh Belk
3 star DT Darnell Jefferies
3 star OT Jordan McFadden

They are just like Bama now.

Word on Eason is ncsu had stopped recruiting and he was thought to be all ND, but at the last minute he had a change of heart about the distance from home. He would have been a project, but a nice late addition. Per Wolfpack club friends of mine.

Nope.

Go read what I wrote about it.
It came directly from the N.C. State & ND people. He called ND staff last night to let them know he was signing his LOI with ND today & they told him they were concerned about his academics. The two sides talked it through & decided it would be best he not come to ND. They have actual quotes from both sides on it.

Nobody is at all suprised about this are they?.. Should Nick choose OSU tomorrow it would just be another example of Urban owning Kelly's soul in recruiting as he does each year. Meyer and Alford are monsters on the trail. ND has nobody close to that level in comparison.

Props to Ohio State and Urban if they pull this one off. Kid is going to be elite and it doesn't shock me that he wants to play at an elite program, for an elite coach.

This is a kid that goes to an elite academic institution and whose family truly cares about academics. He also plays a position from which ND has put 3 consecutive starters into the 1st round of the NFL Draft. By every report, an absolute "ND Kid"... But Meyer and his staff are just better. Straight up better. You can't even be angry about that lol. They just find a way when ND doesn't.
so dramatic. "owning kellys soul " . maybe you should write for hollywood.

so dramatic. "owning kellys soul " . maybe you should write for hollywood.

No doubt about it. In recruiting and on the field, the former ND assistant is just better than Kelly in every way. There is nothing wrong with that. Brian is still a really good coach relative to the college landscape (he's played for a title) but Urban has won 3, at 3 places and is an awesome recruiter.

I'd love to write for Hollywood as a side gig lol. Probably some decent money in that!

No doubt about it. In recruiting and on the field, the former ND assistant is just better than Kelly in every way. There is nothing wrong with that. Brian is still a really good coach relative to the college landscape (he's played for a title) but Urban has won 3, at 3 places and is an awesome recruiter.

I'd love to write for Hollywood as a side gig lol. Probably some decent money in that!

And we beat out Michigan and UCLA for Patterson. You win some, you lose some.

And we beat out Michigan and UCLA for Patterson. You win some, you lose some.

Not near the upside as Petit-Frere. A really solid consolation prize but when you lose McGlinchey and Nelson in the same year your hope is to replace them with prospects with similar upside. That's how great programs stay great programs. A revolving door of top end talent. Maybe one of the 4 big fellas in the class proves to be an underrated Zack Martin type, but that's hoping for a miracle. ND whiffed on its 4 top tackles in 2017 and it's 3-4 top tackles in 2018 as well. They still landed aome quality replacements, but it's something to watch moving forward to see if the line play drops off as the recruited talent dips.

The fact is we don't need a bunch of five-star recruits, we need recruits with talent that are committed to staying 4 years. In today's CFB landscape, ND will never again be the favored landing place for these 5 star kids. We will so much better served by talented (whether it be 4 star or 3 star) kids who will be here for 4 years. It's the ever increasing trend of leaving early that has hurt schools like ND more than anything. That's the world we live in today.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT