ADVERTISEMENT

Shamrock Series Unis

TeddyOH

ND Expert
Feb 3, 2004
Ohio
Always a hot topic of discussion on this board. Most "traditional" Irish fans HATE the alternate unis for the Shamrock Series. I have always said do whatever it takes to update the program and compete for recruits. Alternate uniforms, turf field, video board etc.

If there is any doubt recruits love this stuff, watch Parker Boudreaux's committment video.
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...pulls-16000-lb-bus-to-announce-college-choice

When he reveals his choice, did he use the traditional ND helmet? Nope. He went with the 2013 Shamrock variant helmet. I hope this ends this stupid discussion forever. And when the inevitable "Jumbotron" argument comes up in the next 2 years (with stadium renovation), ask any recruit if he would like his face and highlights shown on the big screen in Notre Dame Stadium.

Tradition doesn't mean you can never change.

Interesting idea to "stop this stupid discussion" while at the same time discussing the very matter you don't want people to talk about.

A stadium with a JUMBOTRON and a whacked out sound system adds a whole new dimension to CFB and makes it a completely new and different experience. And the people that like it most are the very recruits every big time program in the country is after.

I don't care if the stadium has a 10k watt Marshall P.A. system, as long as they play plenty of John Denver music through it. That would be the bomb.

Interesting idea to "stop this stupid discussion" while at the same time discussing the very matter you don't want people to talk about.
I think FINALLY I have figured out why you disagree so much with posts on this board. You read a post and see only what you want to see, often missing the point entirely. Here is proof. In this case you ACTUALLY MISQUOTED my post which is directly above yours!!! Hard to do.

My ACTUAL quote ("ends this stupid discussion") means I have given proof that Shamrock uniforms are good for the program (we scored an elite recruit who obviously went out of his way to show his love for that helmet).

Your INTERPRETATION ("stop this stupid discussion") means something entirely different, which you so smugly pointed out, not realizing how you failed to actually read and comprehend my post.

So when you read a post in the future, try to actually READ THE POST. Don't just flip out a snarky response to be difficult.

I think FINALLY I have figured out why you disagree so much with posts on this board. You read a post and see only what you want to see, often missing the point entirely. Here is proof. In this case you ACTUALLY MISQUOTED my post which is directly above yours!!! Hard to do.

My ACTUAL quote ("ends this stupid discussion") means I have given proof that Shamrock uniforms are good for the program (we scored an elite recruit who obviously went out of his way to show his love for that helmet).

Your INTERPRETATION ("stop this stupid discussion") means something entirely different, which you so smugly pointed out, not realizing how you failed to actually read and comprehend my post.

So when you read a post in the future, try to actually READ THE POST. Don't just flip out a snarky response to be difficult.

I think my interpretation is perfectly reasonable. You don't like my posts? Put me on ignore.
You have given proof of nothing. You have stated your opinion. Others may agree or disagree with you. I have yet to hear any recruit say that the Shamrock Series uniforms were a factor in making the decision to attend ND. And I should remind you that every single player who has ever committed to play at ND has done so even though ND does not have a jumbotron.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT