ADVERTISEMENT

Sam Hartman Rating

I'm not comparing college careers. I'm comparing what they did at Notre Dame.

Book and Kizer were better. Coan and pyne were similar

Hartman never was comfortable in a new offense. He played poor against the best defenses.
Hartman’s stats dwarf Books, he ranks third All Time in TD’s with 134 ….. all time in college football.

Only Case Keenum and Kellen Moore have more ……. All Time !

The closest any other ND QB comes is Brady Quinn with 95

ian Book has 72

Those stats tell the story, they’re irrefutable !

Reactions: theskibro
I’ll be the first to admit , Book had plenty of shortcomings. But let’s give him props. For a QB who was limited in ability, he gave everything he had every game. He gets the nod as the best QB since Quinn and Clausen. Not to mention winning 30 games as the QB. That’s pretty dam impressive. He is the epitome of what college football should be about.

Reactions: McCallen ND NYC
I noticed you did not mention the WR was not better and you admitted the the TE room was not better. Who does the QB throw the ball to the most??????? No way is Book better. I noticed the SOS this year was higher.
At Notre Dame, yeah Book was much better

Hartman’s stats dwarf Books, he ranks third All Time in TD’s with 134 ….. all time in college football.

Only Case Keenum and Kellen Moore have more ……. All Time !

The closest any other ND QB comes is Brady Quinn with 95

ian Book has 72

Those stats tell the story, they’re irrefutable !
I dont care about what he did at Wake. That is irrelevant to me. I care about Notre Dame

Thanks for the useless input though

By that logic, Sam is better than Cam Newton, Joe Burrow and Trevor Lawrence

Don't quit your day job

🤣🤣🤣🤣

I’ll be the first to admit , Book had plenty of shortcomings. But let’s give him props. For a QB who was limited in ability, he gave everything he had every game. He gets the nod as the best QB since Quinn and Clausen. Not to mention winning 30 games as the QB. That’s pretty dam impressive. He is the epitome of what college football should be about.
Book had many short comings. So did Sam. So did Coan. So did Pyne.

It's unfortunate were arguing about a bunch of average guys. Seeing who the best of a mediocre bunch

But yeah, he was better than Sam

He had an elite rb room, an elite TE room, a very good OL, and an OC that averaged more points than any other OC before him. Also had a great defense that created turnovers and gave him the ball. No excuses
Neither the TE or RB room we’re elite, OC was awful.

Reactions: theskibro
Book had many short comings. So did Sam. So did Coan. So did Pyne.

It's unfortunate were arguing about a bunch of average guys. Seeing who the best of a mediocre bunch

But yeah, he was better than Sam
You can defend the indefensible but we all know Hartman is way better than Book. Not close.
Book never had one throw as good as Hartman long balls. It is an ongoing joke that Book never went deep. It’s beyond absurd that anyone would think Book, Pyne n Coan are in Hartman league. We were lucky to have Sam.
A solid oc and better wideouts n you would be realizing we had one of the best college QBs ever

Not about my feelings. This is a rare f up for you. You are wrong on Hartman being level with book n coan n Pyne. Just like your last f up was clamoring for Tyler b to start over Hartman.
Maybe demeaning Hartman is your way to cover your false faith in Buchner
Golson5 can never admit where he's wrong, but it's what makes him look like a fool so I'm ok with it. 😂

Neither the TE or RB room we’re elite, OC was awful.
Yeah okay....

1341 yards 6.4 ypc 18 TDs 17 rec 142 yards. From the top guy, Elite

Wr room is better than last year and we got about the same production. Not good enough

Wr room is better than last year and we got about the same production.
The board consensus seems to be the WR room was better last year. Who was on that team that was better than this year's WR's? I know they were young and suffered some injuries this year, but Thomas was older, although injured for a few games. Tyree was very good this year, Faison was excellent. Tobias and Merriwether showed flashes. And Evans at the TE position was very productive before the injury. According to the HC, they were getting open but Sam wasn't throwing to them. I'd argue that although young and suffered the injuries, this is the best WR room we have seen in a few years.

You can defend the indefensible but we all know Hartman is way better than Book. Not close.
Book never had one throw as good as Hartman long balls. It is an ongoing joke that Book never went deep. It’s beyond absurd that anyone would think Book, Pyne n Coan are in Hartman league. We were lucky to have Sam.
A solid oc and better wideouts n you would be realizing we had one of the best college QBs ever
Talent wise Hartman is better than Book. I think if you compare stats from all years played for both , Hartman produced better numbers. But just looking at this from a perspective of ND QB’s over the last 15 years , Book did pretty darn well. If we are going say Hartman is better that’s fine. We also need to say in the 3 toughest games this year , OSU, Louisville and Clemson, his numbers were not good. I will also add that the SC game was won by the defense more than the offense. This is not a knock on Sam because of a personal feeling. I like him and was very happy ND had him. But in the 3 losses they had , he didn’t play that well.

I dont care about what he did at Wake. That is irrelevant to me. I care about Notre Dame

Thanks for the useless input though

By that logic, Sam is better than Cam Newton, Joe Burrow and Trevor Lawrence

Don't quit your day job

🤣🤣🤣🤣
Nice try but the comparison is to Book and I liked and defended Book, but Hartman is a more accurate passer, especially downfield.

Weren‘t you one of the guys who was critical of Book

Nice try but the comparison is to Book and I liked and defended Book, but Hartman is a more accurate passer, especially downfield.

Weren‘t you one of the guys who was critical of Book
Yes. And I still am. But he was better than Hartman was

Your logic was extremely flawed

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT