ADVERTISEMENT

Sam Hartman - 4th & 16!!!!!!!!!

DOMER1964

Shakes Down The Thunder
Nov 6, 2011
Notre Dame Nation:

Just think that if Notre Dame runs the table - the 4th and 16 play will be a pivotal point of reference in the season and could be legendary!!! I recall, "The Rocket," returning a 91-yard punt against the Colorado Buffalos in the 1991 Orange Bowl that was nullified because of a phantom clipping call. They were #5 in the nation at the time. My heart was in my throat that night. The 4th and 16 conversion by Sam and then the 30-yard touchdown by Audric, just seemed like redemption from years back.

Yeah, I still have that grudge:)! I am still on cloud nine regarding the Duke win. It could have been a very different story. Resilience is the name of the game. Go Irish!!!!!!!

Sorry, but there was clipping on Rocket's return. It's just that it happened behind him, and there was no way in hell the defender was going to catch him.

It's going to take more than the 17.5 ppg we have averaged the past two weeks. Competition aside....this offense needs to get in gear and apply the rpms.

It's going to take more than the 17.5 ppg we have averaged the past two weeks. Competition aside....this offense needs to get in gear and apply the rpms.
ND has their weapons back so if they don't score more than 30 on a mediocre Louisville defense I will agree

That was a clutch play, no doubt. But it kind of had the feeling of avoiding humiliating disaster losing to lowly Duke, ranked or not, then some sort of ultimate turning point in a championship season.

Still clutch as hell though....

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT