ADVERTISEMENT

Howard Cross - Thank You!!!!

DOMER1964

Shakes Down The Thunder
Nov 6, 2011
Notre dame Nation: Wow!

This kid is the ultimate underdog - undersized and the like. He played one of the best games that I have seen in some time from a Notre Dame defensive player. This Duke team is good and well coached. I can only say this game had my heart racing throughout, but they got the win. I am just thrilled - just imagine if they had lost the game. Sam Hartman didn't have his best game but showed grit - 4th and 16 are kidding me! Go Irish!!!

Ended that drive quickly!!!! Needed that against Ohio State and USC(2005).

A win is a win is a win. Feels good.

Reactions: d1042
Notre dame Nation: Wow!

This kid is the ultimate underdog - undersized and the like. He played one of the best games that I have seen in some time from a Notre Dame defensive player. This Duke team is good and well coached. I can only say this game had my heart racing throughout, but they got the win. I am just thrilled - just imagine if they had lost the game. Sam Hartman didn't have his best game but showed grit - 4th and 16 are kidding me! Go Irish!!!

You got that right. Howard had a great game. Love how he always plays with heart and passion. He is relentless. JJB had another nice game. So did Marist Liufau.

Especially with the way Ja’Mion Franklin was playing on the other side. There were more than a few plays in which I wish we had a player like Duke’s #5.

Cross’s outstanding game took the sting out of that unfortunate transfer

The targeting call was a high school penalty call. Targeting his leg? That is home cooking at its finest.
As much as I don't like it, having been a defense player during my college years, I think this was the right call. The targeting rule was put in place not only to defend the offense (ball carrier) player but the defense player too. Too many defense players get injured by hitting with the crown of their heads, which #12 did, so the call had to be made.

As much as I don't like it, having been a defense player during my college years, I think this was the right call. The targeting rule was put in place not only to defend the offense (ball carrier) player but the defense player too. Too many defense players get injured by hitting with the crown of their heads, which #12 did, so the call had to be made.
Problem is...it is one of the more inconsistently called penalties...and that defeats the purpose.

No it didn't. That was a pathetic call and the rule is a joke

Problem is...it is one of the more inconsistently called penalties...and that defeats the purpose.
“More inconsistently called”, thats one of the reasons I don’t like the rule. Wish there was a way to prevent players from leading with the crown of their heads … I was taught to never do such from pee-wee league through college

No it didn't. That was a pathetic call and the rule is a joke
Arguing the call I have no problem with. The rule is not a joke. You have to legislate player safety in CFB. There has to be penalties that protect players from assault.

Arguing the call I have no problem with. The rule is not a joke. You have to legislate player safety in CFB. There has to be penalties that protect players from assault.
Bullshit. Using your helmet on a players hip.

GTFOH. This is football

Dude, did you read? I said arguing that call is fair game. The rule is a good one.
And I'm saying the rule sucks

The role that says you cant use the crown of your helmet on someone's lower body now

Insane

And I'm saying the rule sucks

The role that says you cant use the crown of your helmet on someone's lower body now

Insane
Yeah, I will admit, that one confused me as well. Maybe Swarbick will appeal it to the ACC.

I can’t argue that the call by definition was correct. What I will say is it is the first call I have ever seen for targeting that was at someone’s hip. If this is the case, then there would be multiple players getting ejected for targeting every game

Feel bad for the Duke QB. Hopefully his ankle is just sprained, and he doesn’t miss much time.

The targeting call was a high school penalty call. Targeting his leg? That is home cooking at its finest.
The rule sucks period, but a shot to the leg, LMFAO. What a JOKE. I absolutely hate this targeting crap. Penalize a kid for a half? Fricking joke. FIX THIS !!

Reactions: Golson5
The rule sucks period, but a shot to the leg, LMFAO. What a JOKE. I absolutely hate this targeting crap. Penalize a kid for a half? Fricking joke. FIX THIS !!
I believe it was targeting by the book; anything where you lead with the crown of the helmet [where does that end?] is targeting. They just never applied it if the hit was low.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT