ADVERTISEMENT

Saban retiring…reports in to espn

Golson, doesn’t this open the portal for Alabama players for 30 days? This might get interesting. There is no heir apparent within the organization, and so you have to think there will be near 100% turnover in staff.

Golson, doesn’t this open the portal for Alabama players for 30 days? This might get interesting. There is no heir apparent within the organization, and so you have to think there will be near 100% turnover in staff.
Yes it does

We should make a hard run at Keeley again

I wonder how many jump ship until they get their next guy in

ND is currently at 90 players, they need to be at 85 by the beginning of August.

There are more than 6 guys likely to be off the roster, and potentially more. Numbers isn't an issue.

The issue would be are they still on track to graduate in 4 years which is HIGHLY unlikely.

Once spring practice is over those last 5-8 guys will be on the move to the portal.

With portal, they need to up from 85--to 90 schollies on a team. Too many kids are left out after entering. I know they chose it but it's kinda sad.

Marcus a target per Pete Thammel, Bama would be stupid to take him IMO, but his name is being mentioned nonetheless

• Haha
Reactions: Kelso86
There's a rumor going around - now on several boards - that Terry Saban (Nick's wife) is in bad shape and really sick and he wanted to spend time with her. This was not planned.

There's a rumor going around - now on several boards - that Terry Saban (Nick's wife) is in bad shape and really sick and he wanted to spend time with her. This was not planned.
Wow. Sorry to read this.

ND is currently at 90 players, they need to be at 85 by the beginning of August.

"ND is currently at 90 players, they need to be at 85 by the beginning of August."

They were in the same boat last year -- after spring practice, there will be transfers, medical retirements. As long as they are at 85 by the beginning of fall practice (I believe), ND will be fine.

Reactions: mbd11
Lanning has a $20 million dollar buy out and loves Oregon. He is like 22-5 slight lacking experience.
How about Washington`s coach Kalen Deboer who has over 100 wins. He has not signed any contract.
KIf and Sark are sitting in really good places right now and I imagine their buy out is in the $20 million plus range.
Dabo is logical as well as Norvell.

Who does want to follow a legend when they are sitting pretty where they are at?

Tommy will be promoted
One of my first thoughts was top gun Tommy is unemployed, but the guy has a leprechaun following him around because it just so happens there is an opening at LSU for an OC at the most opportune time in the same pay range. This could not play out better for him. Maybe, BK will want something different, but I doubt it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT