ADVERTISEMENT

rushing to judgement in america

"The economic impact of illegal immigrants in the United States is challenging to measure, and politically contentious. The scarcity of reliable statistics leaves room for many methods of study, leading to diverse conclusions.[1]

One possibility is that foreign workers entering the country illegally can lower wages, decreasing overall costs of production. This comes from the theory that when there are more illegal immigrants in the country, there will be more immigrants looking for employment because most illegal immigrants prefer to work.[2] This increases competition among low-skilled local workers, and this will push wages for the domestic low-skilled labor market down. Simultaneously the increased supply in unskilled illegal migrants can offset technological developments and "reduce the country's economy's competitiveness in the international market".[3]

The opposing theory is that even though this can happen in some areas with more low-skilled employment, on the net illegal immigration increases the welfare of domestic workers because their additional consumption outweighs the costs of welfare.[4] Along the same lines it is argued that illegal immigrants work for lower wages, then domestic employers recognize these profits and can either spend or save this new revenue,[5] so the net outcome can be decided by the net of these two economic forces. Studies have shown that overall in the long run illegal immigration benefits the country in terms of its general production, but introducing many people in the labor market can lead to income distribution that can tend towards domestic workers and immigrant workers on other occasions. The net short-term impacts of some aspects of illegal immigration can be inconclusive.[6] Though this net effect changes, the number of immigrants crossing the border illegally is less unclear."
Then you are not paying attention

Reactions: rgc7
Great answer. No reason to demonize immigrants, other than it keeps Trump's base riled up.

This is nothing new -- immigrants (illegal and otherwise) have been demonized for centuries. The Italians, the Irish, the Chinese, the Mexicans....I'm sure I'm missing some groups that were demonized.

Trump and the Republicans have been really good at selling their voters on a simple message: "If you're not for Trump's Wall, then you want open borders." But that's just not true. Almost no Dems are actually in favor of "open borders." They just have a different idea about how the border should be enforced (and what to do with DACA people, etc.).

Republicans used the same phony dichotomy in the war on drugs. If you didn't think pot users should be locked up, then you were "soft on crime."

Democrats have also used this trick. If you're in favor of stricter controls on illegal immigration, then you hate Mexicans.

There's just very little nuance any more (if there ever was).
Only far right loons demonize immigrants. The typical Trump supporter just wants a secure border and a sensible immigration policy that works for the country, and the immigrants. A sovereign country has both a right to, and an obligation to its citizens to, maintain a secure border. This country needs immigration to flourish and grow. But that does not imply unfettered immigration run amok, which is basically what we have now. Congress has kicked the can on this issue way way too long. It's time to fix it. But unfortunately that won't happen until after the 2020 election, and it might not even happen then. Even if Trump proposed the most cogent common sensical fairest immigration policy in the history of the free world, the House would not vote in favor of it. They are not going to give him a victory on this issue under any circumstances. And if things stay the same after the 2020 election, the can will probably continue to be kicked. IMHO its dereliction of duty on the part of Congress. Both houses and both parties.

Raising taxes is just about Never the smart thing to do. Cutting is the only thing to do. Let’s start by
Stopping the invasion of illegals coming into our country and overburdening our social programs,
Schools, hospitals, courts , Immigration and border patrol !
Next let’s stop funding abortions, higher education, Political junkets, Congressional staffs. Let’
Cut just about ever government agency and program by 25%. Except for National Security which is
The primary goal of the Federal Government!

Have all politicians, especially Congress members, list their net worth before running for office, and then
If elected, list their net worth after leaving office , and then let them show and prove that any large discrepancies were obtained legally.
Let’s cut all Congressional pensions and have them pay into IRA’s and Social Security like the rest
Of us! If they pass a Health Care plan for us, it should also be their health care plan !
Then Cut Taxes And Government Red Tape And Regulations to encourage investment in the private sector , which creates jobs and wages and spending which increases Tax revenue in spite of lower tax rates.

Mary, Joseph, and Jesus were refugees and fled to Egypt. Who knows where the world would be if Egypt had a wall that would’ve prevented this, except for far fewer wars and deaths the last 2,000 years.

Reactions: ivan brunetti
News flash the Obama admin sets record for not responding to FOIA request..
..shocker i know but with Biden announcing in the lamest speech possibly.
Of coarse he couldnt talk about jobs he sank to the lowest denominator ...racism...as if president Trump is anti semit.
Sorry Joe president president Trump president president Trump kept his promise to isreal. Something you had 8 years to do it, but instead an administration you were a part of indeed colluded in a an international election......an lost. Though you did get involved in Ukraine that will come back to haunt you

Isn't this the same guy that lead the charge to stop a president from picking a supreme court nomination and then cried foul when it was done to his party....typical.
Now Joe is holding a fund raiser in Philadelphia at an NBC exclusive house
Joe you have a past of not getting things done

One other thing on taxes. Simplify the Damn tax forms.
1 Gross income
Wages. ——— —————
Pensions. —————
IRA’s. ————- -
Social Security x 0.5 % ————+++
Long term cap gains x 0.5% ————+++
Short term Cap gains. ———-++++
Total gross income. ———— ——.

2. Standard deductions. ——————
Or
3.itemized deductions on. —————
Page 2

4. Taxable Income. ————————

5. Tax due check Tax table ————————-
6. Tax withheld ——————- ——
7. Tax due to IRS
Or
Refund due. —————————-

I think that type of form would take about 20 minutes to fill out. I also think that such a simple form
Would take care of just about everyone who is working for an employer and who is not into complex
Investments.
For those who have real estate investments , rental properties ,etc,
I think an a simplified page with a table of depreciation could very easily take care of those as well.
Such simple forms with not only save hours of work, but also save millions upon millions
On accountants, tax apps, etc . This would in effect give everyone added money.

Mary, Joseph, and Jesus were refugees and fled to Egypt. Who knows where the world would be if Egypt had a wall that would’ve prevented this, except for far fewer wars and deaths the last 2,000 years.

Since Jesus was the Son of God , I really think that God would have worked all the details, Don’t you ?

Reactions: deadirishpoet
And lets not forgot Biden use to think homosexuals were a national security threat

I wonder if mayor Pete will squawk about that since his phoney slam on VP Pence fell flat

Reactions: DublinND and rgc7
What's the positive of illegal immigrants flooding our nation

Significantly lower food prices for one.

"Immigrants workers often take jobs that boost other parts of the economy.
Immigrants make up 17 percent of the U.S. labor force, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, but few experts believe they’re taking jobs from Americans, as Trump claims.

“Most economists agree that in spite of being a very big part of the labor force, immigrants have not come at the cost either of American jobs, nor of American wages,” Peri, the UC Davis professor, said.

The reason is that immigrants often have jobs that Americans tend not to take. So instead of competing with Americans’ for work, immigrants tend to complement American workers."

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/econom...s-about-how-immigrants-affect-the-u-s-economy

Reactions: 8th Man
I love it when the left uses bible figures to try to make a point. Sorry no ones buys your act
Just stated the fact...take it however you want.
Since Jesus was the Son of God , I really think that God would have worked all the details, Don’t you ?
If you believe that, there’s a lot of details in history God could work out, Don’t you?

Immigrants make up 17 percent of the U.S. labor force, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, but few experts believe they’re taking jobs from Americans, as Trump claims.

“Most economists agree that in spite of being a very big part of the labor force, immigrants have not come at the cost either of American jobs, nor of American wages,” Peri, the UC Davis professor, said.

The reason is that immigrants often have jobs that Americans tend not to take. So instead of competing with Americans’ for work, immigrants tend to complement American workers."

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/econom...s-about-how-immigrants-affect-the-u-s-economy

Who are these experts?

There is something known as a work Visa.
Do it the legal way

And now left winger Thomas Friedman is saying a wall needs to be built
Lmao
What's going on right now dictates a need for some sort of physical barrier. It's just common sense. If Canadians were crossing illegally in droves, the same would apply there. They don't, so we don't need a barrier on that border.

What's going on right now dictates a need for some sort of physical barrier. It's just common sense. If Canadians were crossing illegally in droves, the same would apply there. They don't, so we don't need a barrier on that border.
I dont believe as many Democrats dont want a bodrer as CNN and MSNBC proclaim.
But with NBC/Comcast executives hosting Biden im sure they will feed him his talking points and send him on his way

Last edited:
Reactions: d1042 and rgc7
Professional economists who specialize in studying the US economy. Read the article.
By leftist economist?
Hum I've seen enough of that with president Obama's economists Alan Krueger and Austan Goolsbee yet the burden to our social structure remains.
You can keep your avocados.

Last edited:
Reactions: d1042 and rgc7
Just stated the fact...take it however you want.

If you believe that, there’s a lot of details in history God could work out, Don’t you?

God can work everything out ! Of course , I believe that ! However, God gave us free will, so you are
Free to believe whatever you like as well !

Reactions: d1042

Poet,s post was about Illegal immigrants, your response was about immigrants. Immigrants are not a problem if they are here legally. Illegal immigrants are a Hugh problem and are breaking our laws.

Poet,s post was about Illegal immigrants, your response was about immigrants. Immigrants are not a problem if they are here legally. Illegal immigrants are a Hugh problem and are breaking our laws.

No. I was speaking of illegal immigrants. By being here they are breaking a law but it is not a huge problem. If you bothered to read the article you would see why.

No. I was speaking of illegal immigrants. By being here they are breaking a law but it is not a huge problem. If you bothered to read the article you would see why.

I read it and the emphasis is on legal immigration! The article is also one sided and the views of the
Author ?
I also live here in Arizona which most of the immigrants that I come in contact are doing
Garden work and construction work. How much wages that actually claim ,if they are legal,
No one knows ? How-many are illegal working for legals , again, no one knows ?
I don’t-think Anyone disagrees that we need immigrants or guest workers.
The argument is do we have a crisis at our border due to the number of illegals flooding
Into our country and crossing our border , human traffickers, criminal gangs, drug
Smugglers, contagious diseases, etc.
Yes, legal immigrants and legal guest workers are perform useful services.
Illegal immigrants create and are creating a multitude of problems!

Last edited:
Some people think Hillary Clinton is robotic and hard to sympathize with, but even our hearts went out to her on this one.

On a special politicians' episode of Wheel of Fortune, failed presidential candidate Hillary Clinton nearly took home the grand prize. She was on the last puzzle of the regular rounds of the game, which read, CHRISTI_N. The audience began to cheer as it appeared Clinton had finally won something.

But, as is usual for Clinton, she snatched defeat from the jaws of victory, and shouted "Easter worshiper!" instead of the obvious answer, which was "Christian."

Heartbreaker!

Clinton has demanded an appeal, claiming that although she lost fair and square, she feels like she won, as Christians are kinda Easter worshipers, even though no one ever says that.

How can we take the article seriously when in the very first sentence the leftist author attempts to not only deceive the reader but insult their intelligence

Define immigrant
Define illegal alien or illegal immigrant

She is literally attacking a straw man and notice the study she cited comparing "First generation immigrants" vs "Native Born"

Show me one politician that has been quoted as saying legal immigrants no matter what generation is in so many words cancerous

Also when reading your and her misrepresentation of the study now this is even more important

Verbatim

"It is difficult to determine the exact cost or contribution of unauthorized immigrants because they are harder to survey"

Your own article has debunked your and her straw man
And please define or at least define
[DISCLAIMER]

Myth 2 again nobody said immigrants take American Jobs now if we remove the purposely deceptive or coded language/word she and you constantly use with the actual terminology or illegal immigrant then you and her are incorrect as I cited above with actual citations that doesn't engage in purposely deceptive and disingenuous language
Peri a prof vs an actual economist being that George Borjas
I'll take George anytime especially since George Jesus Borjas has been labeled "America's Leading Immigration Economist"

Myth 3
Again she deceptively is using legal first generation immigrants in place of illegal immigrants since again the study she cited stated

"It is difficult to determine the exact cost or contribution of unauthorized immigrants because they are harder to survey"

Don't you find it dishonest intellectually and morally she is engaging in this

Myth 4
Who said the economy would be better if immigrant children were not citizens
Again she is attacking her own straw man yet cites President Trump as saying that at a rally regarding the 14th Amendment which has nothing at all to do with immigration since it was about slavery that the Democrats to this day attempt to erase from the history books that they defended and still defend their plantation mentality as we speak right now
It is also odd she linked or highlighted in red where one could find an example of her straw man yet nothing here
Let's do some real examination

https://factba.se/transcript/donald-trump-speech-maga-rally-columbia-mo-november-1-2018

Not once did he mention the 14th Amendment
Not once but this should not come as any shock as I have already proven she is a liar that engages in pure unadulterated bullshit

Last edited:

Completely false
And you don't even believe in theism or our Lord And Savior

"Whether evangelical or Catholic, many denominations try to encourage Americans to be friendlier toward migrants or refugees by insinuating that they should be like Jesus — and after all, Jesus himself was a refugee. This is entirely false and not only that, but this bizarre focus on Jesus as a “refugee” misses the entire point of the Gospel.

First, the concept that Jesus might have been a refugee comes from the fact that He was born in a stable after His parents, Joseph and Mary, could not find any room in the inn, following a lengthy journey from Nazareth, via donkey, to Bethlehem. Mary and Joseph were not going to Bethlehem because they had no home, nor did Joseph lack relatives in Bethlehem. The reason he went, and that there was no place to stay, is because the Caesar was a greedy, demanding ruler who demanded everyone return to their hometowns to participate in the census: “All went to be registered, each to his own town” (Luke 2:3).

I’m not saying the journey was pleasant and not without peril, and indeed, following Jesus’ birth, Mary and Joseph feared for Jesus’ life because King Herod wanted to kill him. This wasn’t as much a political agenda as a personal one: Herod didn’t want another king to take his spot. The family fled to Egypt until Herod died. But even this did not make Jesus a refugee in the sense that he was seeking respite from political persecution, although I can sometimes see where people might interpret it that way. The Bible says in Matthew 2:15: “[Jesus] remained there until the death of Herod. This was to fulfill what the Lord had spoken by the prophet, ‘Out of Egypt I called my son.'"

Mary, Joseph, and Jesus did not travel to Bethlehem or ultimately flee to Egypt fearing persecution or seeking asylum status. They originally went to Bethlehem because Rome demanded it and they fled because they wanted to evade Herod’s thumb — this also fulfilled prophecy.

The larger and more important picture is that Jesus was not some kind of victim, wandering in utero with his parents all over the Middle East just searching for a place to be born. Christians believe God is omniscient, omnipresent, and omnipotent, sovereignly in control of all world events: from the donkey Mary rode to Bethlehem on to the fact that there was no room in the inn.

This is not a political statement but a spiritual truth to the Jews and the Gentiles of the world: A savior has been born. He has come from humble beginnings, but He will save His people from their sins. Without the simple humility of the idea that even the savior had no place to rest His head, His incredible sacrifice later on the cross would be difficult to accept. Still, because He was God in the flesh and was willing to become fully human — without which atonement for sins could not have occurred because a perfect deity cannot atone for sins — the gift of salvation is that much more a picture of grace.

This does not mean Jesus does not care about refugees or Middle Easterners more than he cares about Americans or atheists. It just means that the story of salvation is far bigger and more incredible than any political narrative, on the Left or on the Right."

Nicole Russell

No. By centrist economists.

Lol
Not only did you use the plural form of economist but also described him =(((singular))) as a "centrist"

The burden of proof is on you to provide any right-wing positions he possesses since as a centrist one possesses both right-wing and left-wing beliefs or ideological convictions

I will wait

I think it is time you go back to the comment sections on think "progress" or Young Turks and attempt to sell what you're shovel to your own while attempting to keep your people further indoctrinated since it's just too easy destroying you guys here
I mean honestly
You're making it too easy

Completely false
And you don't even believe in theism or our Lord And Savior

"Whether evangelical or Catholic, many denominations try to encourage Americans to be friendlier toward migrants or refugees by insinuating that they should be like Jesus — and after all, Jesus himself was a refugee. This is entirely false and not only that, but this bizarre focus on Jesus as a “refugee” misses the entire point of the Gospel.

First, the concept that Jesus might have been a refugee comes from the fact that He was born in a stable after His parents, Joseph and Mary, could not find any room in the inn, following a lengthy journey from Nazareth, via donkey, to Bethlehem. Mary and Joseph were not going to Bethlehem because they had no home, nor did Joseph lack relatives in Bethlehem. The reason he went, and that there was no place to stay, is because the Caesar was a greedy, demanding ruler who demanded everyone return to their hometowns to participate in the census: “All went to be registered, each to his own town” (Luke 2:3).

I’m not saying the journey was pleasant and not without peril, and indeed, following Jesus’ birth, Mary and Joseph feared for Jesus’ life because King Herod wanted to kill him. This wasn’t as much a political agenda as a personal one: Herod didn’t want another king to take his spot. The family fled to Egypt until Herod died. But even this did not make Jesus a refugee in the sense that he was seeking respite from political persecution, although I can sometimes see where people might interpret it that way. The Bible says in Matthew 2:15: “[Jesus] remained there until the death of Herod. This was to fulfill what the Lord had spoken by the prophet, ‘Out of Egypt I called my son.'"

Mary, Joseph, and Jesus did not travel to Bethlehem or ultimately flee to Egypt fearing persecution or seeking asylum status. They originally went to Bethlehem because Rome demanded it and they fled because they wanted to evade Herod’s thumb — this also fulfilled prophecy.

The larger and more important picture is that Jesus was not some kind of victim, wandering in utero with his parents all over the Middle East just searching for a place to be born. Christians believe God is omniscient, omnipresent, and omnipotent, sovereignly in control of all world events: from the donkey Mary rode to Bethlehem on to the fact that there was no room in the inn.

This is not a political statement but a spiritual truth to the Jews and the Gentiles of the world: A savior has been born. He has come from humble beginnings, but He will save His people from their sins. Without the simple humility of the idea that even the savior had no place to rest His head, His incredible sacrifice later on the cross would be difficult to accept. Still, because He was God in the flesh and was willing to become fully human — without which atonement for sins could not have occurred because a perfect deity cannot atone for sins — the gift of salvation is that much more a picture of grace.

This does not mean Jesus does not care about refugees or Middle Easterners more than he cares about Americans or atheists. It just means that the story of salvation is far bigger and more incredible than any political narrative, on the Left or on the Right."

Nicole Russell

Shouldn’t there be a minimum IQ requirement in order to post on this site.

I think we have found the three dumbest people on the board. Moe, Curly and Larry....aka ivan, ninny, and benko.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT