ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting: the contenders

Sal

it seemed the percerption at least was the stats were directed AT ND; just want to clarify, they are for simple analysis as to where the powers are looking for '15.
The edited version softens the idea a bit.

I was generalizing and really not nor taking issue with anyone.

one post refers to using a single year recruiting to draw any expectations, however I had posted the prior years recruiting leaders previously.

This post was edited on 2/11 12:31 PM by perseverare

continuallyirish posted on 2/11/2015...
Guy was 12-0 2 yrs ago started this yr 8-0 pre injuries --

one team in the NFL finished the season after playoffs w less than 5 losses NE --

Kelly is winning now - give him a full plate and your looking at 2008 ,2009 ,2012 type seasons that he had here and @ UCINN -- patience mon frere's patience

Things are trending nicely

continuallyirish

I agree, but even the greatest coaches Bill Parcels and Bill Belichick have always said you are what your record says you are I agree with you that his past achievements indicate he is a hell of a coach and because of that, I believe he is the right coach for the program, but with that said it is what year six it is put up or shut up time for him I believe this team should win a minimum of 10 games this year with the talent they have on the roster and his coaching acumen

No excuses The talent level and coaching ability is there time to go out and win big

SALittleGiant513 I used 247 composite rankings since they combine all the rankings to come up with one solid ranking of the players

Originally posted by perseverare:

Ishaq was indeed a 5 star on Rivals. As was Sam Young and as was James Aldridge.

the value of the stars falls by the wayside once 3 years of college ball are completed; by that time you should have a better understanding of the potential to development.
Perse:

All things being equal I'd agree that by year three should have a pretty good idea about what a supposed 5 star has to contribute. By year three, it was pretty clear Aldridge was never going to fully recover to his pre-injury form, and Sam Young pretty much was Sam Young. But we could make those evaluations because they were playing their correct position.

I'm not sure what we know about Ishaq at this point. You felt strongly (I think) that Shembo should have been inside and playing Cat wasn't in his best interest - turns out he's playing inside in the NFL. Likewise, you seem to agree with the above post questioning questioning whether playing J. Smith inside is the best use of his ability.

Likewise, I dont' think Cat was ever a good place for Ishaq. Its a mentally demanding position that seems to slow guys down, and Ishaq didn't have a lot of football experience coming in. Personally, I think he was always better suited for a 4-3.

Originally posted by dannydionne1983:

one team in the NFL finished the season after playoffs w less than 5 losses NE --

Kelly is winning now - give him a full plate and your looking at 2008 ,2009 ,2012 type seasons that he had here and @ UCINN -- patience mon frere's patience

continuallyirish

I agree, but even the greatest coaches Bill Parcels and Bill Belichick have always said you are what your record says you are I agree with you that his past achievements indicate he is a hell of a coach and because of that, I believe he is the right coach for the program, but with that said it is what year six it is put up or shut up time for him I believe this team should win a minimum of 10 games this year with the talent they have on the roster and his coaching acumen

No excuses The talent level and coaching ability is there time to go out and win big
If we lose 6 DT's 2 MLB one Free Safety - One all american DB - and end up playing 18 yr olds @ MLB and DT then all bets are off -

Having said that if ND stays healthy and gets by Clemson I think they run the table

continuallyirish

[/QUOTE]If we lose 6 DT's 2 MLB one Free Safety - One all american DB - and end up playing 18 yr olds @ MLB and DT then all bets are off -

Having said that if ND stays healthy and gets by Clemson I think they run the table

Last year was never the year Coach Kelly had the team over-achieving then the wheels fell off with injuries that were out of his control on top of that the bounces just didn't go to Notre Dame's way late in the season with that said outside of the USC game Notre Dame had a chance to win them all, I fully expect them to win a minimum of 10 games this year There's too much talent on the team and Coach Kelly is too good of a coach for them not to win 10 games this season

Coach Brian Kelly is one of the top 10 coaches in the country

No Excuse To Win Less Than Ten GAMES THIS YEAR

QB is a bit of a wild card -- if the QB position is efficient then I think we will win 10+

Clemson and USC are the two scalps that stand in our way from a playoff spot

Beat them and were playing on New Years Day

What I see as positive x factors are G Bryant and another WR surfacing as a can't miss talent ---also the TE position being more productive . If those things happen we are set for a terrific season .

Originally posted by NDEwing18:

Originally posted by continuallyirish:

Bodizephax posted on 2/10/2015...

I was listening to power hour on ISD and one of them said that Notre Dame has had three straight deep quality recruiting classes for the first time since Holtz/Davie. I have been saying that three straight is the key for ND to get over the hump for a while now.

If Brian Kelly can't win at least ten games this year I am off the Coach Kelly Bandwagon. I think the Irish will though!

Go Irish!!
Lets hit em while we got the muscle!!

Bodi I am not on Coach Kelly Bandwagon I don't root for the coach, I root for the team and the players on it.Hell, if Perse was the head coach, I would still root for them, I just feel like Coach Kelly has been doing this so long and with so much success in his coaching career, he must know how coach at a high level this year I do agree is a make or break year for him with the talent he has this year if he can't win with this team then it isn't happening for him here

So because only one team in the NFL finished with less than 5 losses, that somehow means something to Notre Dame? My God, you have the worst sense of logic and reasoning of anyone on this board.

Never mind that NFL teams play at least 16 games......
ND Ewing someone stated that HD isnt winning --simply pointed out even with injuries we went 8-5 -- all I was saying

now vcan we both agree w that or are you a d bag ?

If Ishaq was a 5 star, it just goes to show you that the rating systems have little merit.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT