ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Rumor Mill: Nick Singleton

A rb should look first at a trans offensive line draft success instead of the trams rb draft success? Hmmm . I get your point, but ND has recruited RB position pretty poor over the last 5-10 years.
But the rb room has never been a problem really. Only year I felt we were insufficient was the Tony Jones year.

Williams, Dexter, Adams, Prosise, Riddick

We've been good enough at rb to win against pretty much anyone

Reactions: Pennick4
I thought josh Adam’s was overrated. Amazing when given a lane but couldn’t run rb routes well or get tough yards especially short yardage.

A rb should look first at a trans offensive line draft success instead of the trams rb draft success? Hmmm . I get your point, but ND has recruited RB position pretty poor over the last 5-10 years.
If I were a RB, I’d want to run behind a great OL.

Nd just needs Kyren and tyree to explode again this year and we should be good

really disappointed in missing out on singleton if true.

Nd just needs Kyren and tyree to explode again this year and we should be good

really disappointed in missing out on singleton if true.
I’ve always felt like guys make the biggest leaps forward between FR and SO seasons. Football and basketball. Hopeful and confident this is the case for Tyree. He could be a real problem for defenses all year.

MM should make a jump too!

Yeah I hope that he's much better than I think. The one thing I don't think is debatable is he isn't that great of an athlete. You see that in his underwhelming basketball film. Doesn't even stand out from movement. Now, with that said, elite athleticism regarding top speed and elite strength, jumping isn't necessary to be a great RB. Look at Kyren, but Kyren has balance, and abilities that I don't see in price either.

Curious, what do you see in him, or who do you compare him to? I see maybe munir prince, or slower amir carlisle.

Singleton has some elite abilities.
Yea that’s a fair assessment to be sure. I just think he will be one of those guys that adds that little bit of burst at the next level. He reminds me of Tarean Folston. Not as smooth a Folston but same sort of skill set with a touch more speed at the top. Initially thought Armando Allen but Allen had better speed then I remember.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT