ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Going to Get Busy

I knew you were a arrogant fool, and you prove it over and over.

Absolutely nothing...lol

What a fool.
Yes absolutely nothing.

Why would a committee care about a set of rankings that they didn't come up with. That is made 8 weeks before they start making theirs

If you look at their first sets of rankings, it does not match up with the ap or coaches polls

They do their own rankings.

Again, why would they care about someone else's rankings and it matter when they use and make their own?

Please explain that to me

Yeah not sure what happened to him

Golson is doubling and tripling down on just dumb comments

ask bvg…. His best year was his first year

points given up is most important but involves the entire team, total defense is How you specifically look at the D…. 43rd with as you call it “the easiest schedule ever!”
Bvg was ranked 41st in scoring defense his first season

MF was ranked 15th

Total defense is cool. But again scoring defense is really all that matters.

15th in the country in his first season with a defensive scheme change.

Again like I said, ask Jim Knowles what is like to change a scheme and still have a top defense in your first year

Very difficult, and we were 15th last year, very impressive

Golden will be a better DC. I have no doubt. MF said it himself. The players we have and are bringing in would make any coach look good. It had to have been one of the draws to ND for Golden. Nobody is recruiting as well defensively as Notre Dame. If Golden has a top 5 defense, he’ll be back in the HC ranks quickly. Particularly if he can point directly to out DC’ing Freeman, which he should have no trouble doing.

Last edited:
Golden will be a better DC. I have no doubt. MF said it himself. The players we have and are bringing in would make any coach look good. It had to have been one of the draws to ND for Golden. Nobody is recruiting as well defensively as Notre Dame. If Golden has a top 5 defense, he’ll be back in the HC ranks quickly. Particularly if he can point directly to out DC’ing Freeman, which he should have no trouble doing.
Thank You for the wisdom.

Bvg was ranked 41st in scoring defense his first season

MF was ranked 15th

Total defense is cool. But again scoring defense is really all that matters.

15th in the country in his first season with a defensive scheme change.

Again like I said, ask Jim Knowles what is like to change a scheme and still have a top defense in your first year

Very difficult, and we were 15th last year, very impressive
Just don’t say defense was 15th, they were 43rd… the team was 15th in points per game given up…. Freeman didn’t coach offense or ST

If Clarence Lewis or Houston or JD start we aren’t recruiting good enough

Reactions: chaseball
Alabama and Georgia and Texas am disagree with you

Joseph has 1 spot locked up

The 2nd spot isnt decided yet

Henderson Brown Griffith Watts will be battling for it
IMO Griffith isn't starting over Ramon Henderson or DJ Brown at Free Safety.

About what? We have the #2 class. I’m talking about while at ND, not in 2022. Arguing just for the sake of it again? 2-3 years from now we might be top 5 defense. The ‘22 kids will be upper classmen.
No I'm saying we arent recruiting the best on defense.

I'm not only going to use 1 recruiting class.

Especially since the class isnt complete yet

Thats just silly

And we're ranked number 1

No I'm saying we arent recruiting the best on defense.

I'm not only going to use 1 recruiting class.

Especially since the class isnt complete yet

Thats just silly

And we're ranked number 1

That’s silly and you know it. Ohio State has more talent in their class. They’re just being more selective this early in the process. Only 247 has us as 1.

Reactions: Notre Dame du Lac
That’s silly and you know it. Ohio State has more talent in their class. They’re just being more selective this early in the process. Only 247 has us as 1.
What's silly is you already having us being better on defense than Bama and Georgia

What's silly is you already having us being better on defense than Bama and Georgia

Less silly than you assuming Dante was Irish or that MF was a great hire. In fact, our recruiting success has more evidence behind it than both, so I’d say it’s a fair assessment that we can easily have a top 5 defense within a couple years at this rate. That “1” class you referenced happens to be defense based. As does the #6 in ‘22. We already are off to a good start on D for ‘24.

Less silly than you assuming Dante was Irish or that MF was a great hire. In fact, our recruiting success has more evidence behind it than both, so I’d say it’s a fair assessment that we can easily have a top 5 defense within a couple years at this rate. That “1” class you referenced happens to be defense based. As does the #6 in ‘22. We already are off to a good start on D for ‘24.
Solid.

Defense was 15th in ppg.

Defense was 15th

Saying 43rd is being a moron
My god if offense or STs score against a team that’s not the defense…points given up involves the entire team

Total D takes into account points and all the other aspects of D to evaluate the total D

We were ranked 43rd defensively , As a team we gave up 15th fewest points … pretty simple

MF is going to be a great coach here

Now you changed it to top 5. More realistic

Now that you are back to reality, we can carry on

Reactions: jcswoopnh
My god if offense or STs score against a team that’s not the defense…points given up involves the entire team

Total D takes into account points and all the other aspects of D to evaluate the total D

We were ranked 43rd defensively , As a team we gave up 15th fewest points … pretty simple
I looked up defensive tds given up.

We finished the season tied for 7th. Even better than the 15th I thought

Thanks for pointing that out. Even better defense last year than I thought.

Oh, and when they put up total defense up on the scoreboard and total yards, Ill put more stock into that than ppg against

My God, what a moron

Reactions: BGI User 756
I didn’t change it to anything. I said top 5 from the first post. You just decided to twist it. You still are.
Actually you said nobody is recruiting as well defensively as Notre Dame

I said those 3 teams would disagree. And I stand by that

I’m not big on Kelly but the reason we have the opportunity to have great
Recruiting is due to Kelly’s coaching ability to win a lot of games last 5 years…. I’m confident freeman is a much better recruiter but I’m not confident in his coaching…. An 8-4 season will kill MF buzz…. No excuse to not go 10-2 or better this year
U have a valid point. Freeman crapped the bed vs OSU. If u put Buckner in u win that game. He let Rees stay with Coan too long.
I am worried about his head coaching

U have a valid point. Freeman crapped the bed vs OSU. If u put Buckner in u win that game. He let Rees stay with Coan too long.
I am worried about his head coaching

I too would’ve liked to see him take control. He looked timid on the sideline. He needs to be the man and run the show. I want to see fire and control and confidence. I want to see a Dabo on the sideline. BK, Saban, Dabo are all confident maniacs in the sideline.

Read what you responded to. You accused me of not saying top 5. Your response has me quoted as saying, “top 5”.
You said nobody is recruiting as well defensively as Notre Dame.

I responded Alabama Georgia Texas am would disagree with you.

Thats what you said. That was my response to you saying that. Again, I stand by what I said

You said nobody is recruiting as well defensively as Notre Dame.

I responded Alabama Georgia Texas am would disagree with you.

Thats what you said. That was my response to you saying that. Again, I stand by what I said

And I stand by that nobody is under Freeman thus far. The issue is you think ‘22 was Freeman’s. It’s not. ‘23 and ‘24 are Freeman’s.

And I stand by that nobody is under Freeman thus far. The issue is you think ‘22 was Freeman’s. It’s not. ‘23 and ‘24 are Freeman’s.
So your opinion is someone else was responsible for the defensive class of 22 and it wasnt Marcus Freeman?

HAHAHA

If you say the class as a whole, you got a decent argument. When you say the defensive class wasnt his in 22, then I say you are clueless.

So your opinion is someone else was responsible for the defensive class of 22 and it wasnt Marcus Freeman?

HAHAHA

If you say the class as a whole, you got a decent argument. When you say the defensive class wasnt his in 22, then I say you are clueless.

He helped. But his impact is clearly larger in ‘23. ‘22’s mediocrity wasn’t on Freeman.

He helped. But his impact is clearly larger in ‘23. ‘22’s mediocrity wasn’t on Freeman.
It wasnt mediocrity at all. It was a really good defensive class thanks to him.

Mediocrity?? Are you nuts

Sneed
Burnham
Junior
Ford
Gobaira
Mickey
Morrison
Ziegler

22 was a very good defensive class. 23 will be even better. 24 will be another very good one

With Oregon buying Dante, the Nico situation, and now Rashada getting $9.5 million, makes me wonder what CJ is worth. If I’m CJ, I’m looking for a bag like this. I want him badly, but let’s be real. When this kind of cash is on the table, you take it. Just a matter of time I’m guessing until the wolves come.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT