ADVERTISEMENT

Really surprised we were beat physically on both lines

Even Alt looked average. The defense of line was getting penetration on just about every snap and their offensive line was pushing us around everywhere.

We also got pretty badly outcoached.

I was wrong about this team.
hartman playing like acc championship

ND is soft on both sides of the ball. Not sure when it happened but it did.

Freeman seems to be a nice guy but I am not sure he is the type of coach to rip into a player or an assistant to get them to play or do better.

Even Alt looked average. The defense of line was getting penetration on just about every snap and their offensive line was pushing us around everywhere.

Well said.
I felt the same way
I know everyone gets up to play the Irish, and I see a couple of Louisville games, but I did see this. Even with the lack of skill at WR I thought it would be closer

ND is soft on both sides of the ball. Not sure when it happened but it did.

Freeman seems to be a nice guy but I am not sure he is the type of coach to rip into a player or an assistant to get them to play or do better.
But just 2 weeks ago they went blow for blow against OSU. Buckeye players were saying ND has a great o-line. We know ND is better than this. But something has changed. They haven't recovered from the loss. Maybe there's injuries. Coaches are not holding players accountable. Who knows? We saw this last year against Marshall and Stanford. But then they dominated Clemson. Freeman needs to figure out a way to squeeze out the best of players on a weekly basis. But man overall this team was terrible tonight.

But just 2 weeks ago they went blow for blow against OSU. Buckeye players were saying ND has a great o-line. We know ND is better than this. But something has changed. They haven't recovered from the loss. Maybe there's injuries. Coaches are not holding players accountable. Who knows? We saw this last year against Marshall and Stanford. But then they dominated Clemson. Freeman needs to figure out a way to squeeze out the best of players on a weekly basis. But man overall this team was terrible tonight.
This isn't the same running game the Irish used against OSU, or at least it doesn't look like it

Easy answer...they peaked vs. OSU.

It’s a bad day. Kelly won. Freeman keeps making mistakes and bad offense plan again from Parker. Coaches suck. They should give back their money

Reactions: U2fan and BigSDI
I think we just got a bad break with the schedule.

Four unbeatens in a row-----whoever heard of that ?

We get Duke and the Ville with great teams after a heartbreaking loss to the Buckeyes-----and USC next week.

Ugh

Reactions: IrishMike409
Ohio State is talented, but maybe they really aren’t that good or as good as they have been in years past. The buckeyes certainly didn’t look very good against Maryland.

Either we just lost a lot of confidence and didn’t play with the same tempo anymore after that Ohio State game or opposing coaches saw something on film that slowed us down, but up until Ohio State, the tempo was fast, the players were rotated in and out, and even though we played some terrible teams, there was a certain amount of swagger that we played with against a good but not great team and then was just completely gone today.

I was surprised you couldn't run for 5 yards a pop on Louisville. The Card's defense didn't look like anything special before tonight.

Reactions: IrishMike409
I think we just got a bad break with the schedule.

Four unbeatens in a row-----whoever heard of that ?

We get Duke and the Ville with great teams after a heartbreaking loss to the Buckeyes-----and USC next week.

Ugh
it makes one appreciate was Lou Holtz did from 1987 to 1993 that much more. We played a good team every other week and we were always that opposing team Super Bowl and he just kept on winning.

Last edited:
Also, what happened to Estime? He looks slower, doesn’t have the same burst to the line of scrimmage, the coaches look like they have lost some confidence in him. It’s just bizarre. How things have turned around like this.

Last edited:
Reactions: U2fan
Also, what happened to Estime? He looks lower, doesn’t have the same births to the line of scrimmage, the coaches look like they have lost some confidence in him. It’s just bizarre. How things have turned around like this.
It isn't that bizarre NDs first 4 opponents were some of the worst teams in the entire FBS (one was an HBCU)

Reactions: U2fan
it makes one appreciate was Lou Holtz dead from 1987 to 1993 that much more. We played a good team every other week and we were always that opposing team Super Bowl and he just kept on winning.
He also had number-one classes year after year and managed to lose 4 games in 87, 3 in '90, 3 in 91, and tie 1 and lose 1 in '92. Yeah, the schedule was better, but he lost to some average teams along the way.

No doubt, he was an excellent coach, but he had his setbacks.

Also, what happened to Estime? He looks lower, doesn’t have the same births to the line of scrimmage, the coaches look like they have lost some confidence in him. It’s just bizarre. How things have turned around like this.
The OLine can’t open up holes for him !

44 net running yards in 28 attempts for 1.3 YPC

ATROCIOUS !

it makes one appreciate was Lou Holtz did from 1987 to 1993 that much more. We played a good team every other week and we were always that opposing team Super Bowl and he just kept on winning.

NCAA has changed. Holtz had 105 scholarships compared to 85 now. More talent spread around the teams. Was much easier for Holtz. Holtz also only had 1 undefeated season so it was not like some god-like success.

Reactions: Classic Irish
NCAA has changed. Holtz had 105 scholarships compared to 85 now. More talent spread around the teams. Was much easier for Holtz. Holtz also only had 1 undefeated season so it was not like some god-like success.
I’m of the belief that Holtz won two NC’s

ND beat FSU head to head and it wasn’t close

Also, what happened to Estime? He looks slower, doesn’t have the same burst to the line of scrimmage, the coaches look like they have lost some confidence in him. It’s just bizarre. How things have turned around like this.
Matt Balis!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RB is a tough position, it is no accident that most teams rotate like 2-3 guys at least. They get banged up. It aint easy putting together 1000+ yard seasons. Batman needs a Robin at this position and that's what Diggs was last season. With all that being said, Estime does have 780 total yards in 7 games and like 7 touchdowns so there's only so much load (lol) one man can take and he needs more playmakers he can blend in with in order to compete with the top level teams.

Well said.
I felt the same way
I know everyone gets up to play the Irish, and I see a couple of Louisville games, but I did see this. Even with the lack of skill at WR I thought it would be closer
The Play action game would solve so much. My biggest critique of the offense is we have been so predictable. Opposing defense suck up so much that PA is there all game.

Reactions: ivan brunetti
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT