ADVERTISEMENT

Football Quick notes on LB Jack Kiser

Eric Hansen

Posts Like A Champion
Staff
Dec 31, 2021
Just got back from post-practice interviews with the Irish linebackers, DC Al Golden and grad asst/LBs coach Max Bullough. I spent most of my time with Jack Kiser. ... I'll have a full story on him later this weekend, but a couple of nuggets. ... He already got his undergraduate degree and master's in four years. Had no classes this summer and will take non-degree-seeking load in the fall, so he can focus more on football. If you read my story on my projected breakthrough players, you know I'm high on Kiser for this season. ... He's playing much more of an inside role this year, but has some outside roles in various packages. ... He's very excited about the schematic and philosophical tweaks Al Golden has made this offseason. ... He mentioned the reason he didn't play in the Blue-Gold Game April 22 was a broken toe suffered in a scrimmage the week before the BGG. Wasn't cleared until mid-June and initially had to wear a protective boot. Has been 100 percent since then. Said the extra time to focus on football this summer helped him put on the good weight he needed to be primarily an inside linebacker. ... Lots more content to come later this afternoon, including our Inside ND Sports Podcast. ... If you have any questions you'd like to hear us answer all the while mispronouncing your name (maybe), you might still be able to sneak one in.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News