ADVERTISEMENT

Question about former posters/members

Dec 29, 2005
I’m terrible with names, thought someone could help me recalling a few.

First, an older gentleman. He always had good information and provided a calm voice on this sometimes crazy board. I believe he was going blind and was the main reason for stepping away. If anyone knows his whereabouts and how is health is currently.

Second, guy claimed to be deaf, his posts were always very hard to understand. He was similar to Bodi in that ND was going undefeated every year, even in the days USC was slapping our nuts off.

Third, anyone know if IIO is gone for good? I still don’t quite know why he left, and does anyone know if he posts anywhere else and if so, is it the same handle?

Reactions: 1Redrum

First, an older gentleman. He always had good information and provided a calm voice on this sometimes crazy board. I believe he was going blind and was the main reason for stepping away. If anyone knows his whereabouts and how is health is currently.

Second, guy claimed to be deaf, his posts were always very hard to understand. He was similar to Bodi in that ND was going undefeated every year, even in the days USC was slapping our nuts off.

Third, anyone know if IIO is gone for good? I still don’t quite know why he left, and does anyone know if he posts anywhere else and if so, is it the same handle?
NDsince35
irishnumberone

IIO is gone over a bet with Bodi? I believe?

My guess if NDsince35 was born in ‘35, he likely passed on. If he graduated in ‘35, he’s most definitely passed on.

My handle says I’m new but I’ve been here since about your start time.

Last edited:
NDsince35
irishnumberone

IIO is gone over a bet with Bodi? I believe?

My guess if NDsince35 was born in ‘35, he likely passed on. If he graduated in ‘35, he’s most definitely passed on.

My handle says I’m new but I’ve been here since about your start time.
I thought it was something with 35 in it. If I remember that was the year he was born.

Ah yes, old irishnumberone. I didn’t mind him at first but he wore on me. There were several posters who turned on him and claimed his being deaf was fake because his grammatical mistakes seemed almost intentional.

I’ve actually been here since 2001, I was originally OneIrish but got nuked by the old mod Wax for calling him out on selective thread locking and deleting. He sent a bunch of us to the farm field. In those days he/they claimed once a handle was banned they couldn’t unlock it so we had to create a new one. I never found out if that was true or not.

Crazy how many folks have disappeared over the years. Always wonder what happened to some of the other originals.

Last edited:
ND 35 always had great recruiting info. A nice person too. IIO was very informative. I believe ND35 health deteriorated and he likely passed on. Ole Tex was very good at talking schemes and football in general. Rarely did those guys have negative posts or argumentative ways-they just loved ND football. I'm not on here like in the past because of so much negativity by some on these sights and know-it-alls who attack anyone who might question something they type. Sad it has come to this.

ND 35 always had great recruiting info. A nice person too. IIO was very informative. I believe ND35 health deteriorated and he likely passed on. Ole Tex was very good at talking schemes and football in general. Rarely did those guys have negative posts or argumentative ways-they just loved ND football. I'm not on here like in the past because of so much negativity by some on these sights and know-it-alls who attack anyone who might question something they type. Sad it has come to this.
Exactly!

Reactions: Kelso86
well said Tru & 1596!
OleTex (I miss you buddy!) and LG7 were my goto guys! LG may still be around(?). From just entertaining the way back machine had ‘Rustyzipper’; always an interesting read. nothing stays the same!

"Third, anyone know if IIO is gone for good? I still don’t quite know why he left, and does anyone know if he posts anywhere else and if so, is it the same handle?"

I think he still posts, but on the pay site.

"Third, anyone know if IIO is gone for good? I still don’t quite know why he left, and does anyone know if he posts anywhere else and if so, is it the same handle?"

I think he still posts, but on the pay site.
He gone. Everything he said is now available on Twitter or would be considered insider info. I think he was seeing the writing on the wall.

ND since 35 was living in Tampa and he told me everything was failing. Eyesight so bad he could not type. Room was getting dark and hard to see. He wanted to continue posting and even thought of a voice translator for typing but basically said he was wrapping up. A one of a kind. A gentleman. A quality person and a huge ND fan who roots from above

Remember them all well....and mostly fondly except for Irishnumberone.

There was a “silver” and “UtahND” Silver may have passed, Utah moved to Florida. Not sure who he quit posting.

We used to have an LSU poster who would come around, our southern version of Beach.

I miss burger!

There was a “silver” and “UtahND” Silver may have passed, Utah moved to Florida. Not sure who he quit posting.

We used to have an LSU poster who would come around, our southern version of Beach.

I miss burger!
Yes, Silver has passed on. His son posted of his passing on the old SB. He certainly knew how to ruffle feathers on the premium board. I miss the old pardner's posts.

Always enjoyed rustyzipper's trivia questions and posts about growing up in the shadow of the Dome. IrishFanRon was a hoot and PurdueJoe's nemesis.

Glad for all the posters that have stuck around since I was a newbie back in 2005.

Yes, Silver has passed on. His son posted of his passing on the old SB. He certainly knew how to ruffle feathers on the premium board. I miss the old pardner's posts.

Always enjoyed rustyzipper's trivia questions and posts about growing up in the shadow of the Dome. IrishFanRon was a hoot and PurdueJoe's nemesis.

Glad for all the posters that have stuck around since I was a newbie back in 2005.
yes, thanks for mentioning him! cannot believe i did not mention our resident Pardner! he and I were simpatico’s!
miss you pardner, 35, oletex,

Last edited:
IIO posts on the Irish Breakdown pay site now. This board is just about worthless now without him and 35. I cannot remember the last time I got anything here. I guess you get what you pay for.

I haven't seen rg7c lately. Like ND35 was is a wonderful person. He fought at Chosin Reservoir during the Korean War. A marines marine.
RGC and Ara are supposed to check in periodically. Anyone have e-mail contact?
artemis: you and I still have contact, right?

There was a guy named NDfan5...I think....who lived in Valparaiso or that area, who was also nice guy who knew his ND history.

There was a guy named NDfan5...I think....who lived in Valparaiso or that area, who was also nice guy who knew his ND history.
Rg7 posted maybe several months ago. What about Dagimper? SuperIrish aka Bobby the burger flipper lived in hinsdsle?? Illinois and has disappeared.

Rgc7 was active here last Saturday. I recall him liking Bodi’s post that Freeman will be the next Mayer (on the field)

NDfan5 later changed his to Irish Jack and then again to Toby Smart. He was around from the early days, but hasn't posted here since November of 2020. He was an older guy, so I don't know if he is still with us.

Reactions: irishalice
NDfan5 later changed his to Irish Jack and then again to Toby Smart. He was around from the early days, but hasn't posted here since November of 2020. He was an older guy, so I don't know if he is still with us.
I have often wondered what became of Toby...really enjoyed his posts. He did have a penchant for switching usernames. :)

Reactions: NDSMC78
I have often wondered what became of Toby...really enjoyed his posts. He did have a penchant for switching usernames. :)
He also had a penchant for railing against anyone using hearsay or rumor or internet chatter. Toby used To get twisted in knots defending players who were not playing for rumored violations, etc…. Still, many good posts like nearly everyone who has been mentioned. If everyone posting on this thread posted more often, the noise from the few loud negative posters would become a whisper!

NOTE TO OP!

thanks for this thread, it made me think of a group of very nice people! people I miss, timing is everything!

I've been here since around 2000. I can't remember what my original handle was, but I changed it after my computer up and died and I lost all my passwords and stuff.

On the original board, there was a function, where you could respond to a poster directly via email. I had a few exchanges with people usually about things that were not football related.

In general, it was a much more friendly site, although it was subject to attack from outsiders, when ND was down. I seem to remember Purdue fans loving to come here and talk smack. And there was a guy from Texas, who was almost as poetic as he was illiterate. He wrote in a kind of stream of consciousness, phonetic way, and always referred to the Irish as "the Dames." I thought that much was funny, anyway.

I used to enjoy chatting with older fans, who could provide some background about big wins and losses that took place before my time. I still come back because a. I love ND football and b. I'm able to pick up enough info that I won't find elsewhere, but I do think it would be nice if we all took a chill pill this year and tried to act like we were sitting in someone's living room, not gathering with switchblades and chains in some dark alley.

Message boards pre-twitter were popping. This board in particular seemed to be a hub for a number of programs. There was a big USC footprint under Carroll, and fans from Boston College, Miami, Michigan, FSU, Rutgers, etc who were regulars.

But USC fans in particular really stirred the pot. Fun times, sort of.

Message boards pre-twitter were popping. This board in particular seemed to be a hub for a number of programs. There was a big USC footprint under Carroll, and fans from Boston College, Miami, Michigan, FSU, Rutgers, etc who were regulars.

But USC fans in particular really stirred the pot. Fun times, sort of.
I remember southern cal fans TrojanBill and Fatty Mcbutterpants. Bill went quiet after Carroll left (probably became UteBill). Fatty was in complete denial, insisting that Carroll was totally innocent and the NCAA was just out to get southern cal.

there have been so many very nice sportsmanlike posters, some still here, like Harlem, LG7, DIP, KIBS, Ara, RGC, and others whose kind acquaintances and camaraderie more than offset some of the negative brash personalities. The goodness of the good far outweighs the bad bad!

Remember the USC jerk, TrojanBill? He had like four different variations of something with Bill, like Bill55. He would literally have conversations with himself and try to convince everyone he wasn’t the same person.

I also remember there was a real Ahole Purdue fan. was on here all the time posting how ND was irrelevant. Ironic when the majority of his posts were here and not the Purdue board which was a wasteland.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT