ADVERTISEMENT

QB Situation

At the time, I agree with you. If you asked JS right now who he'd rather have, I'd be willing to bet a good amount of money he'd say MF

Possibly. He’s recruiting well and he’s likable. It’ll be hard to lose with such good recruits. But we need a 2023 QB. There is no backup plan.

At the time, I agree with you. If you asked JS right now who he'd rather have, I'd be willing to bet a good amount of money he'd say MF
You keep saying that you’re willing to bet, but you never put your money up.

While I might agree with you today, I’m not so sure that JS wouldn’t prefer another choice.

But, it’s all irrelevant, we are where we are, so there’s no sense in debating hypotheticals

While I might agree with you today, I’m not so sure that JS wouldn’t prefer another choice.

But, it’s all irrelevant, we are where we are, so there’s no sense in debating hypotheticals
That's what a message board is for

Let me know when you pay John and when you are with NDinNJ. I don't trust you at all.

Let me know when you pay John and when you are with NDinNJ. I don't trust you at all.
Why would I pay John for a bet that he’s losing ?

You remain a coward by refusing to bet me !

If you trust NDinNJ you don’t have to worry about trusting me.

Put your money up, you’re getting 10 to 1 odds.

Why are you being such a coward ?

Why are you afraid to bet me ?

Why would I pay John for a bet that he’s losing ?

You remain a coward by refusing to bet me !

If you trust NDinNJ you don’t have to worry about trusting me.

Put your money up, you’re getting 10 to 1 odds.

Why are you being such a coward ?

Why are you afraid to bet me ?
You're a proven welcher. Can't trust you

You're a proven welcher. Can't trust you
You can’t welch on a bet when the other party is too cowardly to put up any money that would cement the bet !

Neither you nor IrishJohn68 put up a single dollar because you’re both cowards who talk big but never put any money on the line.

I’ve tried everything to get you to put your money where your mouth is, I even gave you 10 to 1 odds, but you’re too much of a coward to back up your words with cash.

You’re a low life coward who talks big but when pressed to back your words up, you put your tail between his legs and run off.

You can prove me wrong by just putting your money on the line.
i‘m giving you 10 to 1 odds you coward, what more do you need ?

• Haha
Reactions: mookied
You can’t welch on a bet when the other party is too cowardly to put up any money that would cement the bet !

Neither you nor IrishJohn68 put up a single dollar because you’re both cowards who talk big but never put any money on the line.

I’ve tried everything to get you to put your money where your mouth is, I even gave you 10 to 1 odds, but you’re too much of a coward to back up your words with cash.

You’re a low life coward who talks big but when pressed to back your words up, you put your tail between his legs and run off.

You can prove me wrong by just putting your money on the line.
i‘m giving you 10 to 1 odds you coward, what more do you need ?
Can't bet with you. You're a proven welcher. Can't trust em

Can't bet with you. You're a proven welcher. Can't trust em
If I’m a “proven welcher” you should be able to name the alleged bet that I allegedly welched on, so go ahead and name it !

You’re a fraud, a coward who doesn’t have the balls to put your money on the line.

You’re a low life scum bag who makes allegations while hiding behind anonymity and when called out and challenged to put your money where your mouth is you slink away and make more allegations to cover your slime.

If I’m a “proven welcher” you should be able to name the alleged bet that I allegedly welched on, so go ahead and name it !

You’re a fraud, a coward who doesn’t have the balls to put your money on the line.

You’re a low life scum bag who makes allegations while hiding behind anonymity and when called out and challenged to put your money where your mouth is you slink away and make more allegations to cover your slime.
You're a welcher. Can't bet with em. Can't respect em

You're a welcher. Can't bet with em. Can't respect em
I knew you couldn’t name a bet that I welched on, because there are none.

You’re just a fraud and a coward hiding behind anonymity !

I’d hate to be you !

Does anyone with an ounce of credibility know which of the 3 quarterbacks (Angeli, Buchner, Pyne) has the biggest/strongest arm? I am assuming it's...

3. Pyne
Powlus has the strongest. Multiple sources say this. Arm str is a horrible thing to judge QB buy fyi... Jamarcus Russel had great arm strength...

Pyne has the weakest.

Buchner has great velocity but the deep ball is an unknown with new throwing motion.

Can you guys just bang it out already. Your sexual tension is really annoying

Lol. Kelly asked for a raise EVERY SINGLE YEAR. Notre Dame told him the bank was closed until he won. A playoff game. Yes it was 100 about the money.
It had nothing to do with money.

Kelly never asked Swarbrick to match or beat LSU’s offer and Swarbrick never countered with an offer.

if it was about money there would have been a bidding war

Lol. Kelly asked for a raise EVERY SINGLE YEAR. Notre Dame told him the bank was closed until he won. A playoff game. Yes it was 100 about the money.
Kelly had a multi-year contract with ND which specified his annual compensation.

What verifiable information do you have that proves that despite having a contract specifying his annual compensation, that Kelly sought an increase in excess of his contractual compensation ?

Kelly had a multi-year contract with ND which specified his annual compensation.

What verifiable information do you have that proves that despite having a contract specifying his annual compensation, that Kelly sought an increase in excess of his contractual compensation ?
Give it a rest. Kelly, when he negotiated twice previously, also had a contract. Didn’t stop him. The BOD had enough as he had already played this card. You have proven yourself to be wrong in this matter and so obnoxious about it. You asked how I know? I heard it from several legit sources - a coach, a BOD member whose son roomed with my nephew, a father of a player. So just stop.

He was LSU’s 4th choice and they weren’t going to be embarrassed again. So they offered Trace Armstrong (who also had bidded LSU up for Lincoln Riley after Jimbo said no) a deal that gave Kelly a $500k bonus for every year he stayed plus $500k for every year they made a bowl, on top of a salary starting at over $9M that has raises every year. ND was not interested in countering after Kelly asked ND to batch.

Try Google, it’s your friend. Or ask the Mannings, they would know.

all the excuses he just offered, 4+ months after, is his attempt to rewrite history. It was about money and easier recruiting

Powlus has the strongest. Multiple sources say this. Arm str is a horrible thing to judge QB buy fyi... Jamarcus Russel had great arm strength...

Pyne has the weakest.

Buchner has great velocity but the deep ball is an unknown with

If that new throwing motion is still occurring id be very disappointed. Rees was supposed to fix that.

Give it a rest. Kelly, when he negotiated twice previously, also had a contract. Didn’t stop him. The BOD had enough as he had already played this card. You have proven yourself to be wrong in this matter and so obnoxious about it. You asked how I know? I heard it from several legit sources - a coach, a BOD member whose son roomed with my nephew, a father of a player. So just stop.

He was LSU’s 4th choice and they weren’t going to be embarrassed again. So they offered Trace Armstrong (who also had bidded LSU up for Lincoln Riley after Jimbo said no) a deal that gave Kelly a $500k bonus for every year he stayed plus $500k for every year they made a bowl, on top of a salary starting at over $9M that has raises every year. ND was not interested in countering after Kelly asked ND to batch.

all the excuses he just offered, 4+ months after, is his attempt to rewrite history. It was about money and easier recruiting
Not sure I believe all these message board rumors about what really went on behind the scenes. Swarbrick said publicly he was never given a chance to counteroffer.

But ultimately, I don't care. After 12 years, it was probably time for him to move on, anyways. He'd already become the longest-tenured ND head coach, passing Holtz by one year. And he'd hit his ceiling on what he could do. So it was probably time for him to move on.

Not sure I believe all these message board rumors about what really went on behind the scenes. Swarbrick said publicly he was never given a chance to counteroffer.

But ultimately, I don't care. After 12 years, it was probably time for him to move on, anyways. He'd already become the longest-tenured ND head coach, passing Holtz by one year. And he'd hit his ceiling on what he could do. So it was probably time for him to move on.
Not sure what that had to do with my response to Pat that Kelly left for money.

Am aligned on Kelly being near or at his ceiling, and he wasn’t going to kick up the recruiting efforts any more, as he thought he was already working too hard there.

Swarbrick was stating AD speak, as he had already told Kelly before 2021 season, when Kelly asked for an evergreen extension to when he retired, that they would talk about his contract after the 2023 season (it expired in 2024). So yes, Swarbrick was towing the company line so as to not impact their replacement process.

Just because you say they’re legit sources doesn’t mean that they are legit sources.

If you have so many legit sources you should be able to identify some of them.

Swarbrick publically stated that it wasn’t about money.
Swarbrick was crystal clear in stating that it wasn’t about money and that Kelly never asked ND to match or increase LSU’s offer and that Swarbrick never volunteered a counter offer.

I’m content to take Swarbrick at his word.

if it was about money it would be public knowledge by now.

I’m fairly close to a Trustee and I haven‘t heard him support your unproven theory..

And, i‘m not going to stop because you tell me to stop !

Get used to being asked to substantiate your your statements.

Just because you say they’re legit sources doesn’t mean that they are legit sources.

Swarbrick was crystal clear in stating that it wasn’t about money and that Kelly never asked ND to match or increase LSU’s offer and that Swarbrick never volunteered a counter offer.

I’m fairly close to a Trustee and I haven‘t heard him support your unproven theory..

Lol, I am not a name dropper like you. I don’t need validation like you do. Funny you didn’t bring your trustee friend into the argument earlier, as you weren’t shy about shining the Manning boys’ shoes. Nor do I renege on bets like you seem to do.

10:1 you like playing pivot man to Peyton and Eli!! I’m sure the other posters will take that bet. Lmao

Didn't you look like a huge fool when you went on and on and on about how JS said he wouldn't pick a coach from the staff as the next head coach. I told you it was going to be MF but you insisted you knew what JS was saying in his press conference.

You looked like a real moron with that one. You haven't learned

Didn't you look like a huge fool when you went on and on and on about how JS said he wouldn't pick a coach from the staff as the next head coach. I told you it was going to be MF but you insisted you knew what JS was saying in his press conference.

He has become quite the windbag, hasn’t he?

Reactions: Golson5
It had nothing to do with money.

Kelly never asked Swarbrick to match or beat LSU’s offer and Swarbrick never countered with an offer.

if it was about money there would have been a bidding war
You don't know what your talking about so please stop arguing.

The Notre Dame bank closed. Kelly told his agent (the same one as Lincoln Riley) to find the best deal for him. His decision to leave was based on LSU committing guaranteed money over ten years. Swarbrick said in an interview when Kelly told him it was clear their relationship had changed and he wasn't going to even try a bidding war.

Kelly 100% left because he was told he was not getting a raise unless he got better results. Kelly 100% then started shopping.

His decision was clear midway through the season when he totally checked out.... Notice the offensive play calling and spike in numbers plus the defensive aggressiveness change.... During the season people were under the impression it was. A great Kelly coaching job when in fact it has been made clear by numerous reports that it was new found autonomy that made the impact.

Reactions: BGI User 756
Lol, I am not a name dropper like you. I don’t need validation like you do. Funny you didn’t bring your trustee friend into the argument earlier, as you weren’t shy about shining the Manning boys’ shoes. Nor do I renege on bets like you seem to do.

10:1 you like playing pivot man to Peyton and Eli!! I’m sure the other posters will take that bet. Lmao
It has nothing to do with being a name dropper and everything to do with you being a fraud !

You referenced vague sources and claimed infallibility, so I challenged you to name your sources and you failed to do so because you are a fraud.

Why did you fail to name your sources ?
Because you fabricated them !

You cited a coach as one of your sources, yet none of the coaches knew anything about Kelly going to LSU, so how could a coach who was unaware that Kelly was going to LSU know anything about any financial negotiation between Kelly snd ND ?
Especially when there were NO negotiations between Kelly and ND.!

Name the bet that I allegedly reneged on.
Name the other party to the alleged bet and tell us how much he put up
If you can’t it just proves that you’re a fraud.

Why is it “funny” that I didn’t bring my friend, who’s a trustee, into the argument earlier ?
There was no reason to introduce him into the argument until you claimed that a trustee informed you of the details of the phantom negotiations between Kelly and ND, Negotiations that never took place. You got caught making up stories and chose to try to deflect attention from your fabrications by attacking me. But, I couldn’t care less about your attacks, you’re a nobody, an anonymous poster hiding behind anonymit.

As to the Manning’s and others that I know and play golf with, your jealousy is pitiful.

Before going back to your parents basement, name your sources.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: mookied
You don't know what your talking about so please stop arguing.

The Notre Dame bank closed. Kelly told his agent (the same one as Lincoln Riley) to find the best deal for him. His decision to leave was based on LSU committing guaranteed money over ten years. Swarbrick said in an interview when Kelly told him it was clear their relationship had changed and he wasn't going to even try a bidding war.

Kelly 100% left because he was told he was not getting a raise unless he got better results. Kelly 100% then started shopping.

His decision was clear midway through the season when he totally checked out.... Notice the offensive play calling and spike in numbers plus the defensive aggressiveness change.... During the season people were under the impression it was. A great Kelly coaching job when in fact it has been made clear by numerous reports that it was new found autonomy that made the impact.
A week before he bailed Kelly stated that he was staying at ND.

No negotiations took place between Kelly and ND in that intervening week.

Cite your source/s !

JS stated that no interim coach from the current coaching staff would become the HC.

JS is on video making that statement.

Kelly left JS hanging and with few, if any options

Last edited:

I appreciate what you're doing, sir. But you know the kind of riff raff we're dealing with here. Of course they're not merely content to hate BK for no reason at all. They got to make up lies to cover their tracks. Make it seem like they got some reason for it.

But they're just haters. You know why BK never asked Swarbick to match? Because he didn't want it matched. He wanted out. He wanted the F out of ND and their toxic football fan culture. That's guaranteed the real truth of the matter.

But he's still ND's all-time winning coach, and that will never be matched.....

It has nothing to do with being a name dropper and everything to do with you being a fraud !

You referenced vague sources and claimed infallibility, so I challenged you to name your sources and you failed to do so because you are a fraud.

Why did you fail to name your sources ?
Because you fabricated them !

You cited a coach as one of your sources, yet none of the coaches knew anything about Kelly going to LSU, so how could a coach who was unaware that Kelly was going to LSU know anything about any financial negotiation between Kelly snd ND ?
Especially when there were NO negotiations between Kelly and ND.!

Name the bet that I allegedly reneged on.
Name the other party to the alleged bet and tell us how much he put up
If you can’t it just proves that you’re a fraud.

Why is it “funny” that I didn’t bring my friend, who’s a trustee, into the argument earlier ?
There was no reason to introduce him into the argument until you claimed that a trustee informed you of the details of the phantom negotiations between Kelly and ND, Negotiations that never took place. You got caught making up stories and chose to try to deflect attention from your fabrications by attacking me. But, I couldn’t care less about your attacks, you’re a nobody, an anonymous poster hiding behind anonymit.

As to the Manning’s and others that I know and play golf with, your jealousy is pitiful.

Before going back to your parents basement, name your sources.
You get paid by the exclamation point? Lol.

What tantrums you throw on here. You are flailing, and take yourself quite seriously. Attack you….? Ok Patrice.

When you deliver the pizzas to the house of the trustee, do you wear ND gear?

As for the bet, a about a half dozen posters have called you out for being a welcher, so go back and read. It’s obvious reading comprehension or knowing identified legacy behaviors isn’t your strong suit.

I appreciate what you're doing, sir. But you know the kind of riff raff we're dealing with here. Of course they're not merely content to hate BK for no reason at all. They got to make up lies to cover their tracks. Make it seem like they got some reason for it.

But they're just haters. You know why BK never asked Swarbick to match? Because he didn't want it matched. He wanted out. He wanted the F out of ND and their toxic football fan culture. That's guaranteed the real truth of the matter.

But he's still ND's all-time winning coach, and that will never be matched.....
Kelly signed a 5 year deal in late 2009, renegotiated after his 3rd year. He then renegotiated that deal after the 2015 season, until 2022. He then renegotiated and extended that deal until 2024.

when he asked JS to make it evergreen in early 2021, JS said they would talk when his contract expiration is nearer, after the 2023 season, that ND had been fair and faithful to him. He didn’t like that of course, so after Jimbo and Lincoln and Mel and Bob said no thanks to LSU, they offered Kelly. And of course ND didn’t counter because they had already said they wouldn’t, and Kelly agreed to LSU while in California.

had ND matched the LSU offer, Kelly would have stayed to move into his new mansion he was building in SB. I trust you bought Purple and Gold lace and garter belt?

JS stated that no interim coach from the current coaching staff would become the HC.

Wait…so JS is on video saying that MF wouldn’t be head coach…a week before naming him head coach? Hmmm

He didnt say that. He said that for the bowl game. You misinterpreted what ge said then and continue to do so now

You had egg on your face. You were wrong. Just admit it. JS had plenty of options. He chose the best one

Reactions: BGI User 756
He didnt say that. He said that for the bowl game. You misinterpreted what ge said then and continue to do so now

You had egg on your face. You were wrong. Just admit it. JS had plenty of options. He chose the best one
Name your sources! Put your money up!!

lol

• Haha
Reactions: Golson5

Blah done with you. You make arguments that are simply your opinion, don't understand when others simply have more info than yourself and then pivot to requiring more validation, when you yourself provided zero.

It's LAUGHABLE and reoccurs on all your threads

A week before he bailed Kelly stated that he was staying at ND.

No negotiations took place between Kelly and ND in that intervening week.

Cite your source/s !
Buy premium board membership you cheap bastard.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT