ADVERTISEMENT

Possibly the only concern I have against Stanford is...

Tru2Irish

ND Expert
Aug 2, 2013
With our dbs not playing closer to wrs excet boundary plays. Harper and others always seem 6-7 yds. off their man allowing easy catches. Why isn't that rectified with tighter containment? They have opportunity for at least 2-3 ITs if they play closer against Stanford. I think the DL is gonna force some bad throws. I believe Hartman will pick apart the Trees backfield in this game. Estime might have another 100+ game if line dominates. I still feel comfortable with ND 41-Trees 10.

Harper is usually pretty tightly aligned when playing man coverage on slot receivers. The corner to the wide side is usually going to play off coverage because the defense wants to take away the deeper throws. If the offense wants to make short throws to the wide side of the field, that takes patience and they’re bound to mess up at some point. That’s why boundary corners play tighter coverage.

Reactions: bizzybecknd
The Cardinal at the least expected times play us very tough.

Last year is a great example of that.

Since ND lost last year, I assume Stanford will have their full attention. If ND struggles this week? Then playing on the road is a major issue, and needs to get fixed in the off season.

My only concern is the WSU score. A head scratcher

Since ND lost last year, I assume Stanford will have their full attention. If ND struggles this week? Then playing on the road is a major issue, and needs to get fixed in the off season.
I'm sure the students at Stanford will find something to protest about instead of going to the game

I'm sure the students at Stanford will find something to protest about instead of going to the game
Stanford isn’t Berkeley or Harvard. Conservative by comparison, but their share of young idealistic liberal young students.

Reactions: bizzybecknd
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT