ADVERTISEMENT

Possible new OC

Alright, then! It's going to be the Utah guy. He's definitely an experienced hand who's been to many rodeos. It's not exactly what I was imagining, but close enough. Let's give it a whirl....

I think he would go well with SH, right?
Yup, and we already have our QB for '24. He'll have time to get our '25 QB. Chance is killing it at WR. And OL recruits itself at O-line and TE U. The guy has a ton more experience and football knowledge than a still-learning Tommy. And, he's actually put a NFL QB into the league in Carr. I'm saying, Hell Yeah! I do hope we get him,

Reactions: IrishMike409
Yup, and we already have our QB for '24. He'll have time to get our '25 QB. Chance is killing it at WR. And OL recruits itself at O-line and TE U. The guy has a ton more experience and football knowledge than a still-learning Tommy. And, he's actually put a NFL QB into the league in Carr. I'm saying, Hell Yeah! I do hope we get him,
I must say, I cannot complain a lick about this choice if that's who it is. I wanted a veteran guy, hopefully someone in his mid 40s, but whatever. With extensive experience and who could run his own ship, and MF could just hand it over to him and at worst we would have a fully competent OC, which he appears to be, as well as somebody who seems like he runs a pretty cool mixed offense, and I watched Utah two or three times this year and their offense looked pretty sweet. Somebody who would bring a nice change up from BK/Rees, and I think that's what we got.

So I'm stoked, assuming he gets the gig, and we're not quite there yet.... So fingers crossed.

Reactions: IrishMike409
I like Utah, and consider them a pretty kick=ass team all around. But I want a good passing offense. I don't give a shit about no infantile logic, which says that because ND always recruits good OL, that on that primitive basis we should favor a run-first style. That's effin' childlike. I want a badass state of the art offense, and OL also have to pass-block and they can use their elite-recruit abilities to serve that role too.

So maybe someone like Ludwig will be great, and the offense will flourish, and we'll run the ball more than pass, or at least the run game will be the fulcrum of the offense or something like that, and everything will be grand.....

But I do not sympathize much with that sort of crude philosophical conclusion. But to be fair there is absolutely no proof that MF actually holds with such a simpletonish way of thinking. And maybe he just likes Ludwig, who is it must be said a pretty solid-looking career OC. And on that score we'd definitely be getting a super-experienced and quite accomplished longtime OC whom MF would be able to entrust the offense to completely....
Yup, and if Ludwig has HC aspirations, it gives Parker time to learn under an experienced OC for another year or two.

Yup, and if Ludwig has HC aspirations, it gives Parker time to learn under an experienced HC for another year or two.
Sure. I was just being a douchebag. MF can do whatever he wants to do, naturally, just win baby....

I just want ND to be a progressive football program, and to be always be at the cutting edge, and ahead of the curve, and happily immersed in the trends that are moving the sport forward. I don't like backwards-looking anything. And Utah does have a pretty cool offense. They definitely dominated USC and looked good doing it.....

Sure. I was just being a douchebag. MF can do whatever he wants to do, naturally, just win baby....

I just want ND to be a progressive football program, and to be always be at the cutting edge, and ahead of the curve, and happily immersed in the trends that are moving the sport forward. I don't like backwards-looking anything. And Utah does have a pretty cool offense. They definitely dominated USC and looked good doing it.....
All true.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT