ADVERTISEMENT

Pete Carroll is 72-years-old....

sjb75

All Star
Gold Member
Jul 27, 2004
Watching Pete dismantle the NY Giants, the dude doesn't seem to have a problem relating to NFL players, or sustaining an enthusiasm and level of excellence doing what he does. Good for him. Arguably the best CFB/NFL Head Coach of all time.

Watching Pete dismantle the NY Giants, the dude doesn't seem to have a problem relating to NFL players, or sustaining an enthusiasm and level of excellence doing what he does. Good for him. Arguably the best CFB/NFL Head Coach of all time.
I for one am happy he's in the NFL

Last edited:
Maybe if you look at W v L at USC but how he got all those wins is a different story. There were many allegations against him and the program so I wouldn't be so fast to give him the highest accolades. What he does in the NFL is separate from college as far as I am concerned if you dig deeper.

Maybe if you look at W v L at USC but how he got all those wins is a different story. There were many allegations against him and the program so I wouldn't be so fast to give him the highest accolades. What he does in the NFL is separate from college as far as I am concerned if you dig deeper.
What Pete Carroll/USC was doing back then is no different than what any dominant college coach/team had done to gain/maintain dominance. He’s a good coach and had some of the most dominant college football teams ever assembled.

Are you saying there is corruption in CFB? Because corruption in CFB has transpired in numerous places, not just Los Angeles.

Is that the same coach that had Russell Wilson throw the ball on the goal line in Super Bowl. instead of handing it off to Marshawn Lynch? There has never been a dumber decision in the history of football.

Last edited:
Is that the same coach that had Russell Wilson throw the ball on the goal line instead of handing it off to Marshawn Lynch? There has never been a dumber decision in the history of football.
Sometimes coaches out think themselves, and that call would certainly qualify as an example of that.

But you know, Tom Landry always said Lombardi's decision to call a dive play on third down with the clock ticking away and no timeouts left was stupid, too. He argued it should have been a pass play, so an incompletion would have allowed time to bring the field goal unit out.

If Starr had not scored, I guess the Packers could have gotten one more play off, but if they failed, people wouldn't be mimicking that NFL Film narrator's voice about the frozen tundra every time that game comes up in conversation.

Sometimes coaches out think themselves, and that call would certainly qualify as an example of that.

But you know, Tom Landry always said Lombardi's decision to call a dive play on third down with the clock ticking away and no timeouts left was stupid, too. He argued it should have been a pass play, so an incompletion would have allowed time to bring the field goal unit out.

If Starr had not scored, I guess the Packers could have gotten one more play off, but if they failed, people wouldn't be mimicking that NFL Film narrator's voice about the frozen tundra every time that game comes up in conversation.
It is a results business. There's is no comparison.

There is no true ND fan that would post a thread about Pete Carroll beating a below average NYG team on Monday Night. Im all for OT threads about NFL, MLB, NHL, NBA or soccer, or whatever sport even pop culture, but nope not a sloppy kiss about this sh!tbird POS. Ill never forgive his fake punt up huge against a bad ND team. Been 2 decades and still one of the most classless moves in the history of the rivalry. Pete Carroll gets nothing but a go fvck yourself response from me.

There is no true ND fan that would post a thread about Pete Carroll beating a below average NYG team on Monday Night. Im all for OT threads about NFL, MLB, NHL, NBA or soccer, or whatever sport even pop culture, but nope not a sloppy kiss about this sh!tbird POS. Ill never forgive his fake punt up huge against a bad ND team. Been 2 decades and still one of the most classless moves in the history of the rivalry. Pete Carroll gets nothing but a go fvck yourself response from me.
Jimmy Johnson says hello.

Nah. I appreciate good football and therefore appreciate Pete Carroll and what he did at USC. Lit up everybody, including the SEC...where a conspiracy of interests punished him and the Trojans for what the SEC institutionalized.

Consider that bigger picture. Instead of focusing on 1 rubbing it in your face play by a rival. A rival ND should aspire to dominate, like was once the case.

Finally, Pete is of Croatian heritage, just like me. And Nick Saban. And Bill Belichick. It's just how we do it.

;)

Lmfoa ......amen to that

Nah. I appreciate good football and therefore appreciate Pete Carroll and what he did at USC. Lit up everybody, including the SEC...where a conspiracy of interests punished him and the Trojans for what the SEC institutionalized.

Consider that bigger picture. Instead of focusing on 1 rubbing it in your face play by a rival. A rival ND should aspire to dominate, like was once the case.

Finally, Pete is of Croatian heritage, just like me. And Nick Saban. And Bill Belichick. It's just how we do it.

;)
I like watching Pete Carroll in the NFL. Those USC days are a distant memory.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT