ADVERTISEMENT

our irish are acc lax champs

coolirish9

Posts Like A Champion
Jun 7, 2011
our irish yesterday played in a game vs the second ranked Carolina tar heels and defeated them by coming back and three unanswered goals in the last two or so minutes to win 15-14. both teams came into the game ranked one and two and they both played like it on offense. don't be surprised if these two teams play each other on championship weekend in may for the national title. I would put this game right up there with the irish vs uk as being one of the top two best games I've seen all season from our irish sports teams. if you like or kinda've like lax and missed the game then check out the replay of it at espn.com on watchespn
This post was edited on 4/19 10:15 AM by coolirish9

Great game, awesome to watch

But Scordo disagrees....he said we shouldn't have joined the ACC

Regular season ACC Champs!

Hope we can win the tourney too.

And then the NCAA.

I never really watched LAX until the last few years watching ND. I have to say I really like the sport, seems like something I would have enjoyed in my youth.

With that said can someone who knows more than I do explain how ND has a game against Army after the ACC tourney? I know this is more about scheduling but it just seems strange to me.

GO IRISH win the ACC!!!!!!!

It would be great if this team can win a National Championship. ND's last was the 2013 men's soccer team.

Originally posted by Fifthhorseman25:

With that said can someone who knows more than I do explain how ND has a game against Army after the ACC tourney? I know this is more about scheduling but it just seems strange to me.
My guess is that Corrigan simply doesn't want two weeks between our last ACC tourney game and the start of the NCAAs. I may be wrong, but I think we did the same thing last year.

Yeah, I think this kind of thing is pretty common in lacrosse. I've seen other ACC programs do it in the past.

I am feeling very good about the Irish's chances....Because of the HS alumni factor, I always root for either ND (Kavanagh) or Duke (4-5 guys from my old stomping grounds)....Always root against UNC because their goalie played for our rival.
This post was edited on 4/20 1:43 PM by Hofman19

Originally posted by mokpra:
It would be great if this team can win a National Championship. ND's last was the 2013 men's soccer team.
That was just last school year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT