ADVERTISEMENT

OT: RIP Coach Bobby Knight

One of my favorite Bobby Knight memories:

I remember suggesting the video to a friend of mine who was learning to golf and struggled with shots from the sand. He loved it. Was there anything Bobby Knight wasn't intense about?

Wow, I saw him play when he was at West Point!

Graduated players, ran a clean program, ending of an era, one of my favorites.

I remember attending as a student a preseason Q&A session with Bob Knight and Digger Phelps held in the old engineering auditorium at ND. The place was packed. Only students, no press allowed. Bob drinking a beer. Lots of great stories and humor. Something that could never happen today.

Jerry Memering of the Vincennes Lincoln Alices played for Coach Knight at IU. Memering was a member of the Vincennes Lincoln Alices that made the Final Four in 1968 and 1969.

Courtney Witte was the center for the 1981 State Champions...the Vincennes Lincoln Alices. He was the first junior college player recruited by Knight and played for IU.

Interesting fact. Courtney is Jerry's nephew.

RIP General RIP

Reactions: sluggo69
I remember attending as a student a preseason Q&A session with Bob Knight and Digger Phelps held in the old engineering auditorium at ND. The place was packed. Only students, no press allowed. Bob drinking a beer. Lots of great stories and humor. Something that could never happen today.
You were one of the lucky ones, what a night !

Reactions: Flanner Hall
What you don’t know Bobby Knight? You’ve never gone fly fishing with Coach? You know everyone else.

What a clown show you are.
Actually I wrote coach Knight a letter years ago.

I liked him and admired his unvarnished candor and his commitment to excellence.

But, you’re still a total loser !

OUCH !

What you don’t know Bobby Knight? You’ve never gone fly fishing with Coach? You know everyone else.

What a clown show you are.
Your above post just proves what a total douche bag you are !

What a clown you are.
And you excel at being the perfect village idiot and a drunk to boot.

You’re a pathetic snd pitiful excuse for a human being.

But I have to hand it to you, you are a perfect drunken village idiot !

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT