ADVERTISEMENT

OT-Memorial Day Weekend

inamar

All Star
Gold Member
Dec 6, 2003
is upcoming, we'll all have those backyard barbeques, have a few beers, but we all know what the holiday is really all about. It's about those who fought, in war after war, many laying their life down in support of freedom. Every Memorial Day weekend I watch a TV movie that came out in 2004, IKE: Countdown to D-Day. When I saw that it starred Tom Selleck as Eisenhower I almost didn't watch it. I had previously seen the mini series "IKE" which starred Robert Duval in the lead role. He was fantastic. Didn't think Selleck could do it justice. I was wrong, Selleck knocked it out of the park. Additionally, the guys who play Bernard Montgomery and Winston Churchill were also excellent and, closely resembled them.

It covers the days leading up to D-Day, the very tough internal debates that took place, and the gutwrenching decisions that had to be made such as potentially losing 7/10 paratroopers, carnage on the beaches,etc. You can find this movie on DirecTV on demand and on Amazon Prime though Amazon charges a nominal fee. I highly recommend you make it a part of your Memorial Day weekend activities. You won't be disappointed.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News