ADVERTISEMENT

OT: I think we can all agree on this

54 partners in high school alone. Pshhh I hit that mark every couple months :cool:
I was at 88 by my eighth grade year.

I had this one woman who tried getting frisky with me. I don't know where and when. But it must have been someone.
I didn't really care though because of those 88 so ya know...didnt mean anything.

Reactions: TOMMY_23 and rgc7
If Neil Gorsuch or John Roberts rules against a liberal group, I think their decisions are based on how they view the law or the Constitution. If Brett Kavanaugh rules against a liberal group, there's a strong concern that it's out of some personal animus, as he's already suggested he would do.

That's the difference.

I don't have an issue with a judge whose ideology is not my own, because I don't expect everyone to view things that same way I do. I do have an issue with a judge who rules against someone out of a revenge factor.
For the sake of discussion... if a case involving Dianne Feinstein or Dick Durbin have a case before the Supreme Court then you have a fair point and he should recuse himself (even though the alluded to threat is grossly exaggerated and taken out of context).

Its highly unlikely a case involving any sitting Senator is coming before the Supreme Court so no need to worry. Also, like 99% of everything else, the comments in question are completely taken out of context and twisted and do not vaguely resemble the truth. He didn't threaten anyone or any party.

Reactions: Ara64 and rgc7
Many (most?) here believe Notre Dame is somewhat to the left of the country.
Does that mean ND has even less of a moral compass than the United States as a whole?
To the left of the country as a whole, but way to the right when the measured group is American academia.

I had this one woman who tried getting frisky with me. I don't know where and when. But it must have been someone.
I didn't really care though because of those 88 so ya know...didnt mean anything.

You realize that like Candid Camera, when you least expect it, ‘you might be the star today’?
If you gain fame or fortune, it would almost be a certainty.

Reactions: rgc7
I interpreted what he said differently. I think he was suggesting that Dem senators treating someone in this fashion might someday find themselves on the wrong end of a calamity of justice like he believed himself to be. I don't think he was referring to decisions made by SCOTUS or by him as part of SCOTUS. I would have a problem with that too.
The full quote is; "And as we all know, in the United States political system of the early 2000s, what goes around comes around...." He's clearly talking about political trickery used by one party will be used against them. For example, the "nuclear option" Harry Reid used to get judges confirmed has now made it possible for Neil Gorsuch and Brett Kavanaugh to get appointed by simple majority.

The entire 'threat' argument is just nonsense

Do you remember every single party you ever drove yourself to? I don't. And candidly, it sounds less like a party and more of an informal gathering at someone's house.

She's told multiple friends and a therapist in the past about this incident. Those friends and the therapist vouch for that.

Fitting that Feinstein is a senator of perhaps the dirtiest city in the country.
I loved him going after her, she is such a smug scumbag. Then she throws Ford under the bus for being the source of the leak of her own story. Did Feinstein really think that nobody would assume that she or he staff was the leak? She gets the letter, next thing you know is Ford is being hounded by the press. Duh.

You realize that like Candid Camera, when you least expect it, ‘you might be the star today’?
If you gain fame or fortune, it would almost be a certainty.
Hocus pocus, dominocus, it's your lucky day......................................................

NDE,
And they deny any knowledge of seeing her at any “ gathering “ with Kavanaugh present !
Once again believe whatever you like, but to me she is completely unbelievable !

Reactions: 88ND and Ara64

And the legend of 88ND was born.

Reactions: 88ND
NDE,
And they deny any knowledge of seeing her at any “ gathering “ with Kavanaugh present !
Once again believe whatever you like, but to me she is completely unbelievable !

They say they have no recollection of it. That's different.

For the sake of discussion... if a case involving Dianne Feinstein or Dick Durbin have a case before the Supreme Court then you have a fair point and he should recuse himself (even though the alluded to threat is grossly exaggerated and taken out of context).

Its highly unlikely a case involving any sitting Senator is coming before the Supreme Court so no need to worry. Also, like 99% of everything else, the comments in question are completely taken out of context and twisted and do not vaguely resemble the truth. He didn't threaten anyone or any party.

For one of nine lifetime seats on the highest court in the land, I don't think he's entitled to a favorable interpretation of his comments. He already blamed left-wing groups, those mad at Trump, and others who want revenge for the Clintons, whatever the hell that means.

They say they have no recollection of it. That's different.
The alternative is to say that you specifically recall something NOT happening. That's very hard to do. Bottom like is that they don't corroborate her story.

OK, I’ll accept your wording ! “ no recollection “ !

Are there any lawyers on this board who will take my case ?
I was in a bar many years ago , sometime in the 1960 ‘s two men came in and started
To beat the hell out of me .I never reported it to the police, don’t remember the bar or it’s
Location, but I now remember that one of the men was Rocky Marciano and the other was
Mohammad Ali. I would now like to sue their estates for as many millions of dollars as I
Can get. It was a very traumatic experience !
Also don’t forget to fund me at email ........ the only “recollection “ that I have is that
The guys who beat me until I was nearly dead were the Rock and Ali.

Last edited:
The alternative is to say that you specifically recall something NOT happening. That's very hard to do. Bottom like is that they don't corroborate her story.

True - but that's different than how Kavanaugh described it in his testimony when he said all of the people who were supposedly at the party said it "didn't happen".

For one of nine lifetime seats on the highest court in the land, I don't think he's entitled to a favorable interpretation of his comments. He already blamed left-wing groups, those mad at Trump, and others who want revenge for the Clintons, whatever the hell that means.
There is no interpretation other than people twisting it to mean a threat, the fact is he did not threaten anything. As to blame, you'll never admit that the entire episode was a careful plan by the democrats to keep that seat open until after the elections in hopes they take control of the senate.. but that's exactly what is was.

Reactions: francade and rgc7
True - but that's different than how Kavanaugh described it in his testimony when he said all of the people who were supposedly at the party said it "didn't happen".
He said the attempted rape didn't happen.

I understand what Biden said 25 years ago. 25 years ago, that's what the republicans are going to justify this on, a comment Biden made in 1992.

Regardless, the Constitution makes no allowances for delaying Supreme Court nominations in Presidential election years. The GOP was justifying their inaction on a mere comment made rather than following the Constitution.
The constitution makes no allowances marriage, health care, education, abortions ect.....they are all state rights issue

As to blame, you'll never admit that the entire episode was a careful plan by the democrats to keep that seat open until after the elections in hopes they take control of the senate.. but that's exactly what is was.

I was avoiding believing that line of reasoning until the third "victim" came forward. Yeah, he drugged woman and organized gang rapes in college, even got in the train line himself. And the FBI should investigate!!! This is a guy who has been vetted more by the FBI than any justice in history, and they somehow missed out on that minor character defect that would have someone organizing gang rapes on drugged women. That's when I decided it was all a ruse, all total BS, including Ford. The Dems at their worst, their lowest. When Schumer et al said they'd do anything and everything to keep Kavanaugh from being confirmed, I guess we needed to take them literally.

NDE,

She is a 54Ford

OK, I’ll accept your wording ! “ no recollection “ !

Are there any lawyers on this board who will take my case ?
I was in a bar many years ago , sometime in the 1960 ‘s two men came in and started
To beat the hell out of me .I never reported it to the police, don’t remember the bar or it’s
Location, but I now remember that one of the men was Rocky Marciano and the other was
Mohammad Ali. I would now like to sue their estates for as many millions of dollars as I
Can get. It was a very traumatic experience !
Also don’t forget to fund me at email ........ the only “recollection “ that I have is that
The guys who beat me until I was nearly dead were the Rock and Ali.
I kind of started to believe your story... then I realized there is no way you’d lose in a 2 on 1 fight vs Rocky and Ali.

Looks like he will be confirmed. Collins and Manchin are both yesses. That’s 52 yesses.

Question will be if Republican voters are aggravated enough by the last three weeks to flock to the voting booth in a month. I hear opinions on both sides.

The fervor wasn't as loud for Gorsuch because the court was 4-4-1 with him, and Kennedy was not about to do anything to change Roe v Wade. So Gorsuch was not so much of a risk. The situation now is totally different in the eyes of the left.

Interestingly, if we have 6 more years of Trump it's doubtful that Ginsberg can hold out that long. You could have another SCOTUS justice being proposed by a Rep President to a Rep majority senate.

People seem to have forgotten that new SCOTUS judges was one of the biggest reasons Trump voters voted for Trump.
Absolutely!

Reactions: d1042 and rgc7
If Kavanaugh gets approved he should ride to his ceremony in a 54Ford!

quite sure DT can get him one!

Reactions: chitown sot
The fervor wasn't as loud for Gorsuch because the court was 4-4-1 with him, and Kennedy was not about to do anything to change Roe v Wade. So Gorsuch was not so much of a risk. The situation now is totally different in the eyes of the left.

Interestingly, if we have 6 more years of Trump it's doubtful that Ginsberg can hold out that long. You could have another SCOTUS justice being proposed by a Rep President to a Rep majority senate.

People seem to have forgotten that new SCOTUS judges was one of the biggest reasons Trump voters voted for Trump.
Honestly, its notions like "Roe v Wade" will be overturned or the "your guns will be taken away" that are perpetuated by each side that fuels the anger and hate in this country.

If some form gun legislation is enacted there is not going to be some mass roundup of guns. Likewise if Roe v Wade gets overturned states are not going to suddenly ban all abortions.

Politicians and the press fuel the public's fears by knowingly throwing out impossible scenarios in order to drive out the vote and increase ratings.

Honestly, its notions like "Roe v Wade" will be overturned or the "your guns will be taken away" that are perpetuated by each side that fuels the anger and hate in this country.

If some form gun legislation is enacted there is not going to be some mass roundup of guns. Likewise if Roe v Wade gets overturned states are not going to suddenly ban all abortions.

Politicians and the press fuel the public's fears by knowingly throwing out impossible scenarios in order to drive out the vote and increase ratings.
Correct. All State issues.

Thank goodness the end is near

Would you be emotional if someone accused you of rape? On top of it the whole world was watching, not just a few people.

at least 54 people knew the truth. none are in congress, but you can bet a few congressmen will be asking for her #, trying for a remake of car54!

If Neil Gorsuch or John Roberts rules against a liberal group, I think their decisions are based on how they view the law or the Constitution. If Brett Kavanaugh rules against a liberal group, there's a strong concern that it's out of some personal animus, as he's already suggested he would do.

That's the difference.

I don't have an issue with a judge whose ideology is not my own, because I don't expect everyone to view things that same way I do. I do have an issue with a judge who rules against someone out of a revenge factor.
So now Kavanahgh has a history of vengeful rulings?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT