ADVERTISEMENT

OT - funny football "ish" story about my son

mh2365

All Star
Gold Member
Sep 30, 2003
DeLand Florida
Went back to Kentucky this week to visit my parents and celebrate my dad's 75th birthday .... Kentucky is where we lived when my son was alive .... there are about 6 kids (they are all over 30 years old LOL) there that we consider our kids ... they were Nate's best friends ... every time we go back we visit with some of them and a few have come down here to visit ... his true best friend (Tyler) was one of three kids who spoke at his memorial and he has struggled to see us since the Memorial ... twice he was 5 minutes away and turned around .... This time he came over and it was awesome

when the kids get together all we want is to hear stories from them about our son .... Tyler told a great one this time from before their senior year... had to share ... keep in mind they were normal teenagers so keep you judgement to yourself

Tyler's family had a big property and frequently had bonfires where all the kids would come over .... his parents were good friends and we knew they would take the keys from all the kids when they showed up for the night ... they had a big barn where all the kids would sleep or the kids parents would come pick them up ... well it seems this time his parents were out of town and Nate and Tyler's girlfriend were elected to go get beer from a place known to sell to them .... about 30 minutes later Tyler's girlfriend came back empty handed and without Nate and told everyone Nate got arrested when he came out of the liquor store .... So Tyler is panicked and trying to figure out if he should call us or call his own parents ... Tyler went to a different school but lived in the same town so he was freaking out .... he walked back to the house from the field and was getting ready to get in his car to try and go figure out what he could do when Nate gets out of a police car with a case of beer .... Tyler looks at him and says "what the f**" ... Nate goes "football star" and just walked right by him ....

come to find out the cop was who brought him back wasn't the cop who busted him but the dad of the QB of the team and the first game of the season was only 9 days away .... so he got Jameis Winston treatment LOL ....

I am surprised my son never told me that story as he was pretty open about shit like that with me ... but while my parents were dismayed by the story, the wife and I found it hilarious ....

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News