ADVERTISEMENT

One Week!

ftnfan62

I've posted how many times?
Aug 1, 2010
One week from today! Game day rituals probably rolling by now.

Find my lucky hat, put out my lucky flag, start the day off with the same beer I drank for Clemson last year, set out a cold one for my deceased father next to me. Finally, get my group chat going on the iphone with all my Irish fan friends that live in other parts. Of course, charge up my laptop and watch the ups and down of this board on every play!! 😂

I know none of these matters, but it's all part of the fun and mystery of CFB and the IRISH.

Anyone have crazy first game/pre-game rituals worth sharing?

I am usually helping clean the house and make sure the fridge is stocked and of course preparing some food as I host most weeks a game watch......

Reactions: ftnfan62
One week from today! Game day rituals probably rolling by now.

Find my lucky hat, put out my lucky flag, start the day off with the same beer I drank for Clemson last year, set out a cold one for my deceased father next to me. Finally, get my group chat going on the iphone with all my Irish fan friends that live in other parts. Of course, charge up my laptop and watch the ups and down of this board on every play!! 😂

I know none of these matters, but it's all part of the fun and mystery of CFB and the IRISH.

Anyone have crazy first game/pre-game rituals worth sharing?
Love it.
ND flag goes up in my front yard , get my ND helmet out and out on the mantle.
Relatives already know if they throw a party on a day ND plays I’ll be leaving early or showing up late lol.
Get my jerseys out and ready to go.
Make sure my surround sound is functional and ready to go.
Can’t wait til this Saturday.
Go Irish

Love it.
ND flag goes up in my front yard , get my ND helmet out and out on the mantle.
Relatives already know if they throw a party on a day ND plays I’ll be leaving early or showing up late lol.
Get my jerseys out and ready to go.
Make sure my surround sound is functional and ready to go.
Can’t wait til this Saturday.
Go Irish
Dig the helmet idea...I have some of the miniature ones.... might add that to my routine. I remember when they had those tiny ones, fit on your thumb. They should sell those for the games prior, all us nut jobs would set them up in front of the TV....for each game and your opponent.

Reactions: THUNDERSTRUCK111
I’ll be smoking some green, watching on my iPad, and likely browsing and posting on this board. Hopefully it’s a good day

I love my Egg, but I usually kick the season off with some wings and my secret sauce.....

Best hot sauce i have ever had.....pretty easy to make too. Happy to post if anyone is interested.

I have two superstitions:

1) I watch Rudy on the Friday night prior to the season opener. May seem corny to some, but it’s something my Dad and I started doing as a kid. Even through college, even as I moved away from home, and even as I’ve become a grown man, that tradition always stayed with me.

2) As those gold helmets come running out of the tunnel, shining beautifully in the sun, I would always tell my Dad, “Here Come the Irish.” If in person at the game, I’d simply turn and say it to him, and he’d always reply with a fist bump and a “Here Come the Irish, son” If sitting at home, we’d share that moment via text (we lived a few hours apart).

Only one of those traditions lives on, as this will be the first time our Irish take the field without him around. And although he won’t read it, I can guarantee his cell phone will get (hopefully 14 right boys?) texts this season saying “Here Come the Irish, Dad!”

Please do! Would like to try a new recipe.

Alright. Take a tub big enough to dunk wings in. I use a Tupperware so I can lid and shake. , maybe 9x6.

Take one full bottle of Chrystal’s hot sauce. Add one stick of butter. Microwave and stir to a creamy red color.

The rest is a bit of taste, I will try to measure but I use a half a lime and squeeze the juice in. About 20 dashes of Worcestershire, coat the top liberally with some black pepper.

Stir that in, give it a taste. Then the secret add is celery salt. Do a quick pass of it, stir and taste. Keep adding until it just has that amazing taste you love. I usually make two passes.

Then grill or fry, I have been grilling lately due to the oil. Pull the wings hot,

Toss in as many as you can comfortably fit in the dish, lid it, toss them around and serve. Let me know what ya think.

Reactions: THUNDERSTRUCK111

1) I watch Rudy on the Friday night prior to the season opener. May seem corny to some, but it’s something my Dad and I started doing as a kid. Even through college, even as I moved away from home, and even as I’ve become a grown man, that tradition always stayed with me.

2) As those gold helmets come running out of the tunnel, shining beautifully in the sun, I would always tell my Dad, “Here Come the Irish.” If in person at the game, I’d simply turn and say it to him, and he’d always reply with a fist bump and a “Here Come the Irish, son” If sitting at home, we’d share that moment via text (we lived a few hours apart).

Only one of those traditions lives on, as this will be the first time our Irish take the field without him around. And although he won’t read it, I can guarantee his cell phone will get (hopefully 14 right boys?) texts this season saying “Here Come the Irish, Dad!”
Man I love those ideas. Thanks for sharing.

I just rewatched the first half of the Blue Gold. Hartman is just a different level. The announcers where trying to say he had more time, he just moved his pocket and made better decisions. The dude was 13/16 and one should have been a catch for 189 yards. Buchner was 8/18. 81% be 44%.

He just carried himself differently as well with the players, coaches, refs.

Don’t want to jinx him but man, we stole one!!

I used to have time to watch movies the night before the game. Braveheart for Southern Cal. Michigan was Patton.

Reactions: IndyIrish24
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT