ADVERTISEMENT

On Julius Irvin....

DavidMcKinney

I've posted how many times?
Aug 3, 2016
South Bend, Indiana.
Evening everyone,

I just got off the phone with Leroy Irvin, the father of four-star Anaheim (Calif.) Servite DB Julius Irvin.

There's been a lot of different info out there lately, so I wanted to get up with Leroy to see where things stand.

***From what I can surmise, it looks like Notre Dame and Washington are the top two here. I know we've been mentioning USC a lot, and as recently as this afternoon, a source in close to that program was still confident about the Trojans. While I don't think USC is out of it, Washington and Notre Dame are recruiting Irvin the hardest, and that's making a difference. However, I'm definitely not ready to make any kind of prediction

***Todd Lyght and Brian Polian went in-home with Irvin last night, and made a big impression. I've mentioned this before, but Leroy Irvin and Lyght are good friends as they were both Pro-Bowl DBs with the Rams.

***Irvin Lyght and Polian's pitch to his son was based around the fact that there are a lot of good football schools that can claim they have the same football tradition as Notre Dame, but few schools that can say have the academic stature of Notre Dame.

A quote: "You can tell a girl you love her, you love her, you love her, but you never call her or send her roses. Actions speak louder than words, and I think over the last several months, Notre Dame has definitely shown that they want my son."

So, this is where things are as of now. Irvin will sign next week during the early signing period, so this recruitment will be coming to a close soon. Let's see what twists and turns it takes over this last week.

I'll have a full story with Mr. Irvin up tomorrow.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News