ADVERTISEMENT

Official ND v. Texas game thread

BVG is Kellys guy. He hired him. He believes in him. When you waste so many series on offense it will kill you. Especially with a poor defense. Which Kelly watched all game long like the rest of us. Poor coaching all the way around. Again. This is so sad. This staff never seems to be able to learn from past mistakes. It starts at the top and goes all the way down. This looks like another 8-4 team, at best. Hope the QB derby is over but who knows?

Again an outsider but Texas loses 4 games this year. Don't let players and personnel be an excuse to excuse BVG. That was a UT with a virgin QB and a virgin RB....they were scared and BVG gave them confidence.

With all that being said someone at ND defensively has to answer why so many ND players were being bounced off by ball carriers. All night, by guys they dropped easily last year. That's on coaching on the defensive side of the ball.

I watch the game, the OL plays well- good coach, the RB's play well- good RB coach, the WR's play well- good WR coach.

The DC will cite youth as his reasoning for inability...yet that didn't inhibit a young WR core, a young OL core, and a RB core that had it starter a bit raw. So how do the offensive coaches manage to get the production but the defensive coaches can not. Just sayin!

Yea, I jinxed them. It was obvious last season he's a bad DC and BK stuck with him and it will (has) cost us games.

I'm not ready to toss in the towel on this season, lot of games to play, but as far as the defense is concerned I have no hope it will be anything but below average.

I tossed in the towel 20 years ago. The same time ND did. Right when they ran off Lou. The ND I grew up with and loved, from a football standpoint, is dead and buried. I think deep down we all knew this was going to be the end result. I am not a huge BK fan. He is a good coach, not great in my eyes. But in fairness what do we expect? He, or anyone else, is in an extremely tough spot. Winning at ND consistently, given all the hurdles, is next to impossible. Meyer and Saban would struggle to win at ND. Times, and ND football have changed. Forever.

I tossed in the towel 20 years ago. The same time ND did. Right when they ran off Lou. The ND I grew up with and loved, from a football standpoint, is dead and buried. I think deep down we all knew this was going to be the end result. I am not a huge BK fan. He is a good coach, not great in my eyes. But in fairness what do we expect? He, or anyone else, is in an extremely tough spot. Winning at ND consistently, given all the hurdles, is next to impossible. Meyer and Saban would struggle to win at ND. Times, and ND football have changed. Forever.
AMEN. I've resigned myself to the fact ND will never win another NC unless the administration decides make some changes. Like you I think BK is a good coach but not great and it's next to impossible to in 11-12 games most years at ND. I do think ND can and should win 9-10 games every year (with the occasional down year) and that's where I fault Kelly.

Java. I agree. 9-10 wins and a bowl victory seem to be what the admin. wants as well. Keeps that money pouring in and no one can accuse them of being a football factory. I try to be fair to Kelly. There is a reason since Lou was forced out that no power, big name coach, has given ND the time of day. They all talk. And they all know. ND isn't comitted to being a football power anymore. It is sad. I still hate Wadsworth... The Turd.

if ^ that becomes the mindset of the 'elite' recruits then the 'elite' prospects will go elsewheres!

(oh, wait they already are...so!)

btw: the 17/18 classes with be affected by last nights game. Recruiting is always affected.

Last edited:
There's not much more that needs to be said. It's the same $hit different season. No 10 page essay required.
One Bush League Team to the next.
AMEN! Couldn't agree more. I love Notre Dame, but I'm starting to be convinced more & more that Holtz is the last GREAT coach ND will ever have. 2012 was just an anomaly.

AMEN! Couldn't agree more. I love Notre Dame, but I'm starting to be convinced more & more that Holtz is the last GREAT coach ND will ever have. 2012 was just an anomaly.
It was a bit of home cooking and then complete EXPOSURE in the National Title Game Clown Stomp.

Reactions: 3ptstr
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT