ADVERTISEMENT

Notre Dame vs Texas 1996, Full Game

I like going to youtube.com and watching old irish games like this and whats funny is reading some of the postings below the uploaded game from various people. was rewatching the irish vs mountaineers title game from the fiesta bowl as the game was uploaded in three video segments. below the first video there was some idiot poster who hates our irish so bad that he said that he would basically root for al quada before ever having to root for our irish at anything. then you had one poster saying that the 88 irish team was basically a dirty late hitting team on steriods

Last edited:
What swagger - can run the ball - even spreads the field at times ..... great coach and team.

That was one of the most memorable games that I attended in person. A complete domination -- very similar to Michigan 2014.

Unfortunately it also led me to believe that Bob Davie would be an outstanding head coach.

That was one of the most memorable games that I attended in person. A complete domination -- very similar to Michigan 2014.

Unfortunately it also led me to believe that Bob Davie would be an outstanding head coach.

Not sure what game you are talking about, MT. The 1996 Texas game was close all the way.

I like going to youtube.com and watching old irish games like this and whats funny is reading some of the postings below the uploaded game from various people. was rewatching the irish vs mountaineers title game from the fiesta bowl as the game was uploaded in three video segments. below the first video there was some idiot poster who hates our irish so bad that he said that he would basically root for al quada before ever having to root for our irish at anything. then you had one poster saying that the 88 irish team was basically a dirty late hitting team on steriods

There is some truth in that anonymous poster's description of the '88 team, not as bad as Under the Tarnished Dome would have you believe, but there was certainly some steroid abuse and some hard-ass swagger a la Miami to that team. Even in the NC game, one of our reserve defensive backs, D'Juan Francisco, knocked the official's off his head, forcing Holtz to run out on the field to restore order. Was certainly not your typical classy ND team, that's for sure.

Davie didn't take over until 1997.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT