ADVERTISEMENT

Notre Dame/ Navy coming to Jacksonville in 2016

It's great to see Notre Dame play in these different venues giving the worldwide fanbase an opportunity to see them close to home.

"Before Navy won 46–44 in triple-overtime, Notre Dame had a 43-game winning streak. That was the longest win streak between two annual opponents in the history of Division I FBS football."

75-12-1

And what will the odds be in 2016? Or, more importantly, how many high ankle sprains?

"Before Navy won 46–44 in triple-overtime, Notre Dame had a 43-game winning streak. That was the longest win streak between two annual opponents in the history of Division I FBS football."

75-12-1

And what will the odds be in 2016? Or, more importantly, how many high ankle sprains?

If we can't handle the Navy then we have more problems than high ankle sprains. They play hard and are great representatives of the country .... love how they use the option to equalize the playing field.

I assume this is a navy home game--yes? ND gets a Fla game though and hopefully a W!!!

Yes it will be Navy's home game. Even years always are. Just like even number years are always home games for USC. ND gets both of them at home in odd numbered years.

They usually find a remote site for their home games for extra tickets. Also is usually about the only time they are on national TV all year. So they use it for a big recruiting drive and to show off a little.

Recent games for Navy location:
2014 - Landover, MD
2012 - Dublin, Ireland
2010 - East Rutherford, NJ
2008 - Baltimore, MD
2006 - Baltimore, MD

And make no mistake. The guys on that field have earned the right to show off a little.

I assume this is a navy home game--yes? ND gets a Fla game though and hopefully a W!!!
Yes. We have not played Navy in Annapolis since before I was a student, and that was a long long time ago. Cleveland, Baltimore, New York, Philly, Dublin and maybe some others I cannot remember. Jax is a great idea. Mayport is one very large Navy installation and it's 30 minutes from the stadium. Then you have the sub base just north of there near St. Mary's, Georgia. Then you have no shortage of retired sailors who live in north and central Florida. It's a natural.

My two Navy comparisons as a player are----we beat Navy by more than ND one season, and held Tony Dorsett to fewer yards than ND did. Fortunately it was not the current option offense!

RESPECT....BUT BEAT NAVY!!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT