ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball Notre Dame men's basketball impresses 2025 C Christian Gurdak on visit

Charleston Bowles

Posts Like A Champion
Staff
Mar 16, 2023

Notre Dame men's basketball hosted 2025 center target Christian Gurdak on an unofficial visit last Saturday for the football game against Ohio State. Gurdak, a 6-foot-8, 220-pound center out of Washington (D.C.) Gonzaga and picked up his offer in June.

Inside ND Sports caught up with Gurdak on Thursday to discuss his visit, time with head coach Micah Shrewsberry and what Notre Dame impressed him the most by.

Gurdak toured campus, watched practice for over an hour and played open gym with current players and other visiting recruits.

"It was great," Gurdak said. "I mean, they really showed great hospitality. The coaching staff was awesome. They have great facilities. The campus was a total vibe to be at. It was pretty cool."

Saturday marked Gurdak's first time speaking face-to-face with coach Shrewsberry since he visited Penn State last year. Shrewsberry watched him play throughout the spring and summer but was not able to speak directly with him at tournaments.

Gurdak told me he was impressed with how smoothly the visit went and believes the Irish will compete in Shrewsberry's first season despite the outside noise. He said the coaching staff told him their goal is to win national championships and build a roster capable of achieving that.

"I think a lot of people are thinking they're not going to be super good but I think they're gonna have a pretty good year just because they have some good guys on the team but that coaching staff and coach Shrews, they're really good and they proved it at Penn State," Gurdak said. "They sent three guys pro and I wouldn't count him out. He knows how to run a team so don't be surprised if they make the tournament [and] do pretty well."

Gurdak played on the grassroots basketball circuit with 2024 power forward commit Garrett Sundra.

Gurdak isn't currently rated or ranked by Rivals but reports four offers from Notre Dame, Iowa, Maryland and Penn State. He visited Maryland in July and expects to return to Notre Dame for an official visit next year.

Link to full story:

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News