ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Notre Dame has full attention of 2025 four-star LB target Christian Jones

Charleston Bowles

Posts Like A Champion
Staff
Mar 16, 2023

With Notre Dame's recent addition of 2024 four-star linebacker Kyngstonn Viliamu-Asa in its 2024 recruiting class, the Irish are shifting their attention to the 2025 recruiting class at the position.

I spoke with Notre Dame four-star linebacker target Christian Jones on Friday afternoon. Jones, the No. 94 overall player in the 2025 class, attends Omaha (Neb.) Westside and is teammates with 2024 linebacker commit Teddy Rezac.

Although he hasn’t visited Notre Dame yet, Jones said he feels like a priority after receiving an offer in March.

“I’ve talked to [defensive coordinator] Coach [Al] Golden for a couple [of] months now,” Jones told Inside ND Sports. “Their message has been good and just how Notre Dame is very rich in tradition and how they have a lot of experience surrounding you.”

Jones said he talks a lot with Rezac about the Irish and has learned more about what to expect from the program and staff when he steps foot on campus for the first time. The two plan on visiting Notre Dame this fall but are unsure of which game they will attend.

Rivals list Jones at 6-foot-3, 205-pounds and has him as the No. 5 outside linebacker in the class. He won linebacker MVP at Rivals' NextGen Five-Star Pro Day this summer.

Jones holds 15 total offers including Iowa, Kansas State, Michigan State, Nebraska, Oklahoma, Texas A&M, USC and Wisconsin. Besides Notre Dame, Jones said he’s also setting up visits to Michigan State, Nebraska and Wisconsin this fall.

"It would be brotherhood, academics and who’s going to help me elevate my game and me as a man," Jones said when discussing his most important recruitment factors.

Link to full story:

Last edited:
Reactions: Tyler James
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News