ADVERTISEMENT

Notre Dame Has Already Established Its 2023 Identity

raycyrx

Irish Expert
Oct 22, 2002

Notre Dame Has Already Established Its 2023 Identity​

This is my 12th season covering Notre Dame on a full-time basis. I've seen a couple of years where I was impressed with the physicality of the football team, with the 2017 and 2018 seasons promptly coming to mind. I've seen Notre Dame teams with speed, and the 2015 team is obviously the first one that comes to mind.

I'm not sure I've seen a Notre Dame football team with this combination of physicality, speed, and depth of talent as the 2023 football team has shown. The open scrimmage in the past week was one of the most intense Notre Dame practices I've ever seen, and it was encouraged by the staff. The defense especially played with a lot of fire, but the offense - which got out-played by the defense - didn't just take the beating, they battled.

Reactions: BGI User 756
It's Bryan Driskell, you got to regress his positive comments down to neutral and his neutral comments down to negative anytime he talks about the talent level on the team.

He's one of those guys who insists ND has enough talent to win a national title and has been making various arguments to that end since he started covering the team ~12 years ago despite being inaccurate over and over again and despite all of the evidence to the contrary.

Last edited:
It's Bryan Driskell, you got to regress his positive comments down to neutral and his neutral comments down to negative anytime he talks about the talent on the team.

Man, I don’t ever complain about you and actually like your posts because they provide a different angle of seeing things. You provide statistics and facts that others don’t bring to the board. For that, I am very appreciative of you.

With that being said, is there ever a sunny day in your life? Can’t a positive ever be just that? Most people look for silver linings when things are tough. It really does seem that sometimes, you look for the potential rain clouds on sunny days.

Man, I don’t ever complain about you and actually like your posts because they provide a different angle of seeing things. You provide statistics and facts that others don’t bring to the board. For that, I am very appreciative of you.

With that being said, is there ever a sunny day in your life? Can’t a positive ever be just that? Most people look for silver linings when things are tough. It really does seem that sometimes, you look for the potential rain clouds on sunny days.
Never wrestle with a POS troll.

Far better than your posts.

Please stop being the board hall monitor and just ignore the post/posters you don’t like. You are personally attacking another poster for no reason whatsoever. It is against the board rules after all.

Reactions: NDblitz

Practice what you preach.

Why don't you just "...ignore the posts you don't like?"

After all, "...it's against board rules."

With that being said, is there ever a sunny day in your life? Can’t a positive ever be just that? Most people look for silver linings when things are tough. It really does seem that sometimes, you look for the potential rain clouds on clear days.
Best way I can put it is like this:

Say you walk into a math class and everybody including all of the leadership in the class is applauding each other for figuring out that 2+2=6 .. but you are confused because you know for a fact that 2+2=4

How do you react?

I’m not overly negative or positive so I’m not sure your point here? While I support the team wholeheartedly, I also understand there’s always room for improvement.

Say you walk into a math class and everybody including all of the leadership in the class is applauding each other for figuring out that 2+2=6 .. but you are confused because you know for a fact that 2+2=4

How do you react?

How do you react?

But you’re not at practice to make a different observation than Driskill so you can’t just crap on his opinion here. I don’t like him either, but I’m going to have to take his word for it until I find otherwise. There’s no reason to post a negative until you have your own facts.

It's Bryan Driskell, you got to regress his positive comments down to neutral and his neutral comments down to negative anytime he talks about the talent level on the team.

He's one of those guys who insists ND has enough talent to win a national title and has been making various arguments to that end since he started covering the team ~12 years ago despite being inaccurate over and over again and despite all of the evidence to the contrary.
I didn't notice it was him.

Which makes it funny as there's no ND commentator with whom I've MORE FUNDAMETALLY DISAGREED.

He’s not a troll. He’s been on this board for years. He’s a victim of the sunshine trolls who can’t entertain anything other than constant praise and worship of every portion of the athletic department. While he at times, can bring out negativity to positive positions, he’s no different than those who believe everything is perfect all the time when it clearly isn’t.

The issue with that is that this is a message board and different opinions should be considered and debated upon. If we all just agree with everything, why are we here? We could just read the articles about ND Football without the need/want for message boards.

Last edited:
Reactions: baron100
He’s not a troll. He’s been on this board for years. He’s a victim of the sunshine trolls who can’t entertain anything other than constant praise and worship of every portion of the athletic department. While he at times, can bring out negativity to positive positions, he’s no different than those who believe everything is perfect all the time.

The issue with that is that this is a message board and different opinions should be considered and debated upon. If we all just agree with everything, why are we here? We could just read the articles about ND Football without the need/want for message boards.
It's funny but I make tons of positive comments about ND i am a fan after all. But people only seem to notice the criticism

I think the bigger issue is that I feel less inclined to join the choir on positivity or on things I agree with and more inclined to respond to posts that are in stark contrast with what I believe to be true (e.g. the 2+2=4 analogy)

Last edited:
It's funny but I make tons of positive comments about ND i am a fan after all. But people only seem to notice the criticism I have.

Like I said, I enjoy the content you provide. The post you made above was much more about your dislike for Driskill(not the team) though. I’m hoping he’s right. I know you hope he’s right too. It was just out of place and potentially misguided due to your feelings about Driskill. I don’t like him either FWIW. He’s a pompous ass.

The sky is falling! The sky is falling! The sky is falling! Even if it is nice where you are, it is raining where chaseball is.

Why don't you just "...ignore the posts you don't like?"

After all, "...it's against board rules."

You’re right, I should’ve just emailed the moderators. I figured you were level headed enough to reason with amicably. Guess I might be wrong about that. You’re in EVERY thread doing the same routine though. This was my first regarding it. You’re turning every thread into a flame war. Just stop already. Please

Reactions: Kelso86
It's funny but I make tons of positive comments about ND i am a fan after all. But people only seem to notice the criticism

I think the bigger issue is that I feel less inclined to join the choir on positivity or on things I agree with and more inclined to respond to posts that are in stark contrast with what I believe to be true (e.g. the 2+2=4 analogy)
Quit living in reality!

Reactions: Extirpate 6951
those thinking a pass first wide open offence, might be surprised! Team wise this is a ball control physical offence.
Defensively is the identity of this team. Brutally strong and physically violent at almost all spots!
ND is playing throwback football.

Tract how teams do the week after playing ND.

Lol, sure you do…wink, wink. Like once every leap year. Just perused your last 200 posts and not one positive comment …

Reactions: NDSMC78
Lol, sure you do…wink, wink. Like once every leap year. Just perused your last 200 posts and not one positive comment …
It has been a really bad off-season there hasn't really been anything nice/positive to say to be honest. ND has been taking loss after loss after loss on the recruiting trail, in NIL, in personnel, in the transfer portal, etc. And ND fans have gotten front row seats to the college football world passing us by

You should check my post history last spring/summer

Last edited:
It has been a really bad off-season there hasn't really been anything nice/positive to say to be honest. ND has been taking loss after loss after loss on the recruiting trail, in NIL, in personnel, in the transfer portal, etc. And ND fans have gotten front row seats to the college football world passing us by

You should check my post history last spring/summer
Good edit, no one is buying. Love the one about KVA especially

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT