ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Notre Dame 2025 DT target Jarquez Carter raves about Grill & Chill

Charleston Bowles

Posts Like A Champion
Staff
Mar 16, 2023

During Notre Dame’s Grill & Chill recruiting event on Sunday, Irish 2025 defensive tackle target Jarquez Carter was one of many in attendance.

I spoke with Carter following his trip to see how his first visit to campus played out. The Irish offered in May and Carter had his first opportunity to meet the coaching staff and see the program atmosphere.

“It felt great, I like the campus a lot,” Carter told Inside ND Sports. “It felt real good just walking around the campus for the first time … and just how big it was. It was a beautiful campus.”

Although he’s currently unranked by Rivals, Carter is planning on a big junior season at Newberry (Fla.) High. The 6-foot-2, 266-pound defensive tackle had 78 tackles and 10 sacks last season.

Defensive coordinator Al Washington is Carter’s primary recruiter and this weekend was their first time around each other. The two played their fair amount of competitions but also made time to sit down and discuss his recruitment and what Washington wants to see on tape this season.

“He was fun and entertaining because he played some games with us today,” Carter said. “We talked a lot of football. He was telling me what he liked about me and is trying to get me to come back down.”

Visiting for a game this season is something Carter is interested in, but no date is set. He could return with close friend and Notre Dame 2025 defensive tackle commit Davion Dixon.

Another person Carter made time to discuss was head coach Marcus Freeman. With several recruits present, Freeman made sure to chat with Carter who described Freeman as a people’s person.

The Newberry (Fla.) High reports 10 total offers including Notre Dame, Miami (Fla.), Penn State, South Florida and UCF.

He visited UCF on Friday and Florida State on Saturday but was pretty honest in our conversation that Notre Dame felt different because it involved the entire university including football and academics. Carter said his trips to UCF and Florida State were strictly football.

Link to full story:

Last edited:
Reactions: HotCarNut
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News