ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Notre Dame 2024 WR commit Cam Williams feeling good about Mike Brown news

Charleston Bowles

Posts Like A Champion
Staff
Mar 16, 2023

I spoke with 2024 WR commit Cam Williams on Sunday evening after the report of Notre Dame hiring Wisconsin wide receivers coach Mike Brown. Story by @Tyler James here.

The four-star recruit out of Glen Ellyn (Ill.) Glenbard South discussed the potential hire, Friday's visit with Notre Dame's staff and more with Inside ND Sports.

"[I'm] very excited about Coach Brown," Williams said. "I’ve got to know him a bit considering that he recruited me with [quarterbacks] Coach Gino [Guidugli] at Cincinnati and then Wisconsin. I think it’s a great hire. He’s got a great personality and demeanor so can’t wait to get started in January."

Williams also said the chemistry between himself, Micah Gilbert and Logan Saldate is developing even more now after the dismissal of former wide receivers coach Chansi Stuckey.

"I think it has to grow stronger now, considering that we were all in a situation that left us hanging a bit," Williams said. "I say that because during this time we had talked together and kind of just kept each other strong and reassured each other that everything would have been OK and it is."

Williams was visited by director of recruiting Chad Bowden and offensive coordinator/tight ends coach Gerad Parker on Friday at school. Williams is expected to have an in-home visit with head coach Marcus Freeman and the staff next weekend.

"My conversations with Coach Parker and Chad went great on Friday," Williams said. "I was very happy that I got to see them. It was a great reassurance moment that they cared ... again, just great to see them. I’ve spent a lot of time around them so anytime I get to do so more, it makes the connection just that much better."

Link to full story:

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News