ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Notes on new 2025 OT target Matt Augustine

Charleston Bowles

Posts Like A Champion
Staff
Mar 16, 2023

I spoke with Notre Dame 2025 offensive tackle target Matt Augustine Saturday evening. He competed in the Lineman's Challenge earlier today and was rewarded with an offer following camp.

Augustine is listed at 6-foot-7, 260-pounds and is teammates with 2025 safety target Ethan Long at Greenwich (Conn.) Brunswick. Long landed an offer from Notre Dame earlier this week. Rivals rates Augustine as a three-star recruit in the 2025 recruiting class.

“It’s an amazing feeling," Augustine told Inside ND Sports. "The coaches obviously care about the development of each and every single player. [Offensive Line] Coach [Joe] Rudolph, I worked with him all day today. He really cares about the development of the player and he coached me through every single drill. He gave me amazing feedback on what I could do better. I took it and improved it in the next rep."

Augustine received the news of his offer from head coach Marcus Freeman in his office, where he said Freeman discussed Notre Dame's education and culture.

“It was a great conversation,” Augustine said. "My whole family was in the office. He really cared about my family. He made conversation with my sister. That really means a lot to know the coach cares about the whole family and not just the recruit."

He reports 13 total offers including Notre Dame, Boston College, Duke, Indiana, Kentucky, North Carolina, Pittsburgh and Wisconsin. He plans to visit Wisconsin on Monday and camp at Georgia, Michigan and Ohio State this June.

No date is set, but Augustine plans to return in the fall for a game day visit. It'll likely be earlier in the season since Brunswick plays on Saturdays and starts its season later in the fall than most high schools.

“It’s one of the top schools," Augustine said. "I love it out here. I’m really looking forward to continuing the process with Coach Rudolph, [senior offensive analyst] Coach [Kevin] Reihner [offensive line graduate assistant] Coach [Rob] Delany. They’re all super nice when I’ve been out here and you can tell they obviously care about what they’re doing ... not only on the field but when you’re talking to them as well."

Link to full story:

Last edited:
Reactions: GCND and HotCarNut
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News