ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Notes on new 2025 DE target Hayden Lowe

Charleston Bowles

Posts Like A Champion
Staff
Mar 16, 2023

I spoke with 2025 defensive end target Hayden Lowe tonight. He picked up an offer from the Irish Wednesday while defensive line coach Al Washington was recruiting out west.

“I was very surprised,” Lowe told Inside ND Sports. “They have high academics over there and that’s obviously a priority on my list right now. I love everything [head] Coach [Marcus] Freeman is doing with the program. Most coaches treat you like a body and there's no connection between the player and the coach. You play football and that’s it. To have a coach that really cares about your future, that's awesome.”

The 6-foot-3, 227-pound three-star prospect attends Westlake Village (Calif.) Oaks Christian and totaled 16 tackles (eight for loss) in three games as a sophomore.

Lowe said Washington liked his effort, technique and ability to come off the ball quickly. He said Washington's message focused on Notre Dame’s academics and how a degree sets players up for success outside of football. Lowe received an offer from Alabama on Tuesday and said Washington compared the Irish with the Crimson Tide.

“It’s not about football, it’s what life is outside of football,” Lowe said. “Notre Dame is a higher academic school than Alabama so we're not just thinking about you athletically, we’re thinking about your future in life. That's what he told me and I liked what he said because that's a priority and what I want to see when I'm picking a school."

He reports 13 offers including Alabama, Louisville, Michigan, Pittsburgh, Texas and Utah. Williams plans to take an unofficial visit to Notre Dame in June.

Reactions: GCND
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News