ADVERTISEMENT

Next Up: Louisville and USC

JHS61

All Star
Jan 1, 2022
Jeff Brohm will probably make the Cardinals a factor in the ACC, but not this year. Even playing ND at home should not matter.

Obviously, this is game 7 and I must assume ND is healthy everywhere it matters, which is pretty much everywhere.

USC will present ND with huge challenges when their O and D lines do and when their D is better than it has ever been under Riley. Yes, USC is a recruiting behemoth, but Oklahoma ain't chopped liver and his Ds were weak to OK there. ND's OL must impose its will on the Trojan's front and ND must run the ball. That will allow Hartman and the WRs/TEs to do their thing. The interior DL must crush/collapse the pockect and the DEs must get to Williams under control. NDs corners must take away quick passes and force Williams to play into a three count. At that point, he will have nowhere to hide. The DEs cannot lose contain. A little OLB help could matter.

The thing is, ND could do all of that. If they do, they win. If they do it enough, they win. Both sides of the ball must go into this game determined to do whatever it takes to win. My dad's pep talk to me works here: "Play like he'll and beat those sonsabitches."

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News