ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting New FutureCast Pick + Big Visitor For June

MikeSinger

Recruiting Insider
Staff
Mar 7, 2013
I've placed a FutureCast pick for Notre Dame to land Phoenix Brophy Prep class of 2022 cornerback Benjamin Morrison.

The four-star prospect will officially visit Notre Dame June 11-13, and I think there's a decent chance he pops after his visit. I'm told he's supposed to be officially visiting Washington the following weekend, but the ball might in Notre Dame's court if that visit even takes place. If Morrison's Notre Dame visit goes well, then that might be it for his recruitment.

Our Washington Huskies rivals publisher put in a FutureCast pick this week for Morrison to land at UW, which surprised me. I've felt really good about where Notre Dame has been at with Morrison for a while. Back in March, I wrote that Alabama and Notre Dame were ahead of the pack for him, and I don't believe he's much of a priority from the Crimson Tide at this time. Alabama wants him to camp in June, while Notre Dame wants him now.

Tampa (Fla.) Berkley Prep class of 2023 defensive end Keon Keeley will visit Notre Dame June 9-12. That is a Wednesday through Saturday.

We've had questions recently about the differences between official and unofficial visits, and I won't dive deep into that right now, but unofficials have no time limit, while officials are capped at 48 hours. So with Keeley coming in on an unofficial, he's able to be at Notre Dame for as long as he wants, and he'll be in town for four days.

I feel that Keeley's recruitment is a Florida vs. Notre Dame battle. I got that sense after meeting with him and his head coach while I was down in Florida a couple weeks ago. But I would be pretty surprised if Keeley makes a commitment this summer. His head coach plays a big role in his recruitment, and coach told me that there's no chance he commits to a school this summer. With that in mind, I'll hold off from making a FutureCast pick now, but I certainly like where Notre Dame is at for Keeley. Notre Dame's Mike Elston, Chad Bowden and Marcus Freeman have all done a swell job in this recruitment.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News