ADVERTISEMENT

ND vs Duke tonight in wbb

coolirish9

Posts Like A Champion
Jun 7, 2011
our irish have a huge game tonight on espn 9pm against a very good Duke squad tonight at the Purcell. Duke has a very tall squad to deal with so turner and reimer need to be on there game tonight. getting ready to watch pitt vs Virginia first on espn now
This post was edited on 2/16 7:57 PM by coolirish9

As usual, I'll be watching.

Also, noticed Muffet is the first endowed coach at ND. Link

This post was edited on 2/16 7:50 PM by IrishHerb

yeah I read about the McGraw announcement earlier today. so what's you're thoughts on tonight's game IrishHerb

the Duke bigs are killing us inside but were only down by two. if turner and reimer can't get going it'll be tough winning though

our irish are playing great defense right now and also killing Duke with the three pt shot

Cable has been a difference maker in my opinion. She rebounds, steals, plays defense and today is shooting 3 pointers well.

Not the "star" but comes in and gets the team moving.

if we can continue to deny Williams the ball insdide like we did the last several minutes of the first half then Duke will have troubles winning this game. really hope loyd takes off in the second half because a big game by her tonight against a top ten team could put her closer to winning the national poy award

if we can beat the cardinals next Monday on espn2 then that should seal the acc title for us because I don't see anybody else on our remaining schedule beating us

Originally posted by coolirish9:

if we can beat the cardinals next Monday on espn2 then that should seal the acc title for us because I don't see anybody else on our remaining schedule beating us
Agreed.

Was just looking at Duke's record … they've lost a number of games but had close games against T A&M and USC(east), so they seem to be a better team than their record shows, which is probably why they were rated #10.

So this was a good game for ND.

this was in my opinion our best game of the year defense wise because because Duke is better than there record shows like you said IrishHerb. they almost beat a very good second ranked usc squad earlier in the year like you pointed out

Hey coolirsh, looks like you and me are the only 2 who are paying attention to ND women's basketball.

Actually I follow almost every ND sport … some more than others. Right now its BB, but LAX is creeping in (one of my favorite sports after FB).

yeah I started getting into LAX about eight or so years ago and love it. everybody media wise has our LAX team playing for the national title again this year. this could be our best LAX team ever.and if the wbb can continue to play defense like they did against Duke then they'll also have another shot at a national title

Herb and Cool, I follow WBB also but don't always post here. In fact, I have season tix and live in Chicago---don't make every game though. Cable is my favorite player, probably because she is the closest to the kind of player I was. Right now it's UConn on one level, then everyone else. Just hope we can make it to the final four again, and see what happens---don't forget we were missing Turner in the first matchup.

Originally posted by IrishHerb:
Hey coolirsh, looks like you and me are the only 2 who are paying attention to ND women's basketball.

Actually I follow almost every ND sport … some more than others. Right now its BB, but LAX is creeping in (one of my favorite sports after FB).
I not only follow it, I go to every home game... and the occasional away game. I just don't post here all that often. Threads on WBB are few and far between so the discussion never really gets going.

GREAT win for the ladies last night. For the first five minutes, it looked like we had NO answer for Duke's height advantage. No rebounding and unlucky shots plus a couple forced bricks. After the first media timeout, it was a whole different story. Cable and Westfeld come in and bring the energy/intensity that they always do. Intensity across the board was noticably elevated after that time out. Then the Irish start shooting lights out on threes. 6-13 at halftime while Duke was 0-8. That spark was the difference in the game and Duke never really recovered. The outside threat loosened up Duke's defense inside and Turner became much more effective as well.

Second half percentage on threes wasn't quite what it was in first half and ended up at 9-23. I've never seen the Irish shoot that many threes before, but Duke kept leaving it open and we kept hitting them. First few minutes of 3rd quarter were a bit slower than 2nd quarter, but still intensity was much improved over the first few minutes of the game. It kind of left Duke with nothing else to try.

Again, great game... probably best effor this year.

Look me up if you go to either of the next couple games. We're top row of section 11. We're just down from a long row of elderly widows (my mom among them... who got us into following WBB).

Yes we were missing Turner in the first match up, but I don't think it would have made much difference. Turner is star of the future and is a top contributor now, but she has a ways to go to make a winning difference against UCONN. Geno's team simply had us outgunned from the get go. Yes we led early, but then UCONN started actually playing, and like the champ game last year, we simply had no answer for their game/talent/depth.

Inkybd1 and raycyrx, envy those of you who live in SB or near by and can attend all those ND sporting events. Its a bit difficult for me living out here in Maryland!
smile.r191677.gif
But whenever I'm in SB visiting my daughter and her family I get in as many games as I can.

During fall 2013, wife and I spent the whole semester in SB caring for our granddaughter while daughter and her hubby went back to work at ND. Had season tickets for FB and attended other sports as well. It was HEAVEN!

Originally posted by IrishHerb:

Your like me Herb. ND sports I have seen in person since graduation:

Football
Men's BBall
Women's BBall
Men's Soccer
Women's Soccer
Volleyball
Hockey
Men's Lacrosse
Baseball
Softball
Women's Tennis

I was one of those people cheering the ACC announcement. Women's BBall, baseball and women's tennis all here at
GTech in the next 30 days.

I only live a few hours from SB so I really need to go there this spring and see a LAX game because this could be a special year for them

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT