ADVERTISEMENT

ND to stay independent or join?

88ND

I've posted how many times?
Sep 9, 2013
Thoughts?
Mine are as such....I think it is great Notre Dame has protected being independent for this long.
Maybe instead of trying to make college football a box store and putting everything under one roof we could actually use more freedom.
Moreover the very coaches crying foul about this should possibly ask why they MUST play so many conference games and have zero freedom to schedule some out of conference meaningful matchups.

Seriously the Wal-Martesque consolidation of college teams into only a few conferences is nothing short of ridiculous.

Thoughts?
Mine are as such....I think it is great Notre Dame has protected being independent for this long.
Maybe instead of trying to make college football a box store and putting everything under one roof we could actually use more freedom.
Moreover the very coaches crying foul about this should possibly ask why they MUST play so many conference games and have zero freedom to schedule some out of conference meaningful matchups.

Seriously the Wal-Martesque consolidation of college teams into only a few conferences is nothing short of ridiculous.
Teams that schedule the savannah state's....wofford's ...of the world should shut their pie holes about ND.

Reactions: Irishjohn68
I think that just as ND is essentially making the decision to not play in a conference tittle game and that is a negative towards them qualifying for the college playoff that playing any lower division team should also not count towards the college playoff.

ND football gave up a lot of freedom of scheduling by partnering with the ACC. With the direction CFB is heading it appears on the not-too-distant horizon that ND will eventually be a full member of a conference.

Thoughts?

ND football gave up a lot of freedom of scheduling by partnering with the ACC. With the direction CFB is heading it appears on the not-too-distant horizon that ND will eventually be a full member of a conference.
While I don't disagree with you, I hope that never happens.

Reactions: Irish Grandeur
ND ,locked in 8 conference ACC games plus Navy ,USC ,both long time rivals and then schedule 2 schools from the non power conferences . A great national schedule .UGH

4 sixteen team power conferences with likely 1 team from each in the Final Four . Seems more like the NCAA basketball March madness .

These soundbites featuring coaches who say, "ND should join a conference and should not be eligible for the playoffs until they do so" highlight a failure of the sports media and ESPN in particular. No coach should have an open forum to say any damned thing they want without being challenged by the media yet that is what happened in the case of Pinkel, Fisher, Paul Johnson, et al. When Brian Kelly finally gets interviewed and has a chance to respond he should put ESPN on the defensive. He should say something to the effect of, "Yes, I heard that some coaches think we should join a conference and be forced to play a 13th game if necessary, yet I didn't hear any of them get asked:

• Should a team who plays a 13th game be given credit for playing an FCS opponent as many of these Power 5 schools currently do?
  • Is it really easier to evaluate Power 5 conference teams that mainly play inter-conference games between each other, or is it easier to evaluate a team that plays a national schedule against teams from multiple conferences?
  • Is a conference schedule really more difficult than a national schedule featuring all FBS opponents and some of the best teams from multiple Power 5 conferences?
I didn't hear any of these pertinent questions get asked and I really don't think it makes sense for me to comment on what those coaches said until they are asked those questions and I hear what they have to say."

Now, I know BK won't do this but ESPN has been asking a fully loaded question and not challenging the coaches' responses. They would rather create controversy rather than do their job and challenge ridiculous answers. I would love to see someone put ESPN on the spot for once.

Will Texas go independent if the B12 breaks up

&

none of the other conferences will accept the Mad Cow network?

KU_zpstp4lvjug.png

Last edited:
ND will never join a conf. in football because they dont have to.
There is no conf. out there that gives ND any benefit they dont already have. ND/UOJ is better than any conf. championship game and means as much.

Reactions: john0gaunt
ND will never join a conf. in football because they dont have to.
There is no conf. out there that gives ND any benefit they dont already have. ND/UOJ is better than any conf. championship game and means as much.
Never and always are words often eaten.

I mad a similar post on another thread on this site, but I believe it would be a mistake for ND to join the ACC. They are going to have to be in a power conference to have a legitimate chance to make the play-off under the current four team set-up. Their chances improve when/if they go to an eight team scenario, which I believe happens in the next five years. But make no bones about it, Notre Dame should be in the Big-10 and NOT the ACC. The Big-10 is where their regionally rivalries are and is much better for most of their fan base. Even as a Clemson fan, I am going to miss the Notre Dame-Michigan and Notre Dame Michigan State rival games. You would be foolish to think that Notre Dame is going to establish rival games in the deep south with teams such as Clemson, Notre Dame, FSU and Miami. They are definitely not going to be rival s between them and Duke, UNC and Wake Forest! ND may have some rivalry fun with Pitt and Boston College but that would be about the extent of it.

Yes, at least presently and the near future, ND will be on the outside looking in when it comes to the play-off picture, especially with the current love for the SEC and the thoughts that the SEC should have at least two teams no matter what.

I mad a similar post on another thread on this site, but I believe it would be a mistake for ND to join the ACC. They are going to have to be in a power conference to have a legitimate chance to make the play-off under the current four team set-up. Their chances improve when/if they go to an eight team scenario, which I believe happens in the next five years. But make no bones about it, Notre Dame should be in the Big-10 and NOT the ACC. The Big-10 is where their regionally rivalries are and is much better for most of their fan base. Even as a Clemson fan, I am going to miss the Notre Dame-Michigan and Notre Dame Michigan State rival games. You would be foolish to think that Notre Dame is going to establish rival games in the deep south with teams such as Clemson, Notre Dame, FSU and Miami. They are definitely not going to be rival s between them and Duke, UNC and Wake Forest! ND may have some rivalry fun with Pitt and Boston College but that would be about the extent of it.

Yes, at least presently and the near future, ND will be on the outside looking in when it comes to the play-off picture, especially with the current love for the SEC and the thoughts that the SEC should have at least two teams no matter what.
Why do you only have 2 posts? Both here..... I find it hard to believe this is your first day on Rivals and you decided to baptize yourself here.
How many handles do you use?

There are so many things wrong with this post I don't know where to begin.

There are so many things wrong with this post I don't know where to begin.
Bingo. The number of posts this handle has tells you all you need to know.
Maybe it's clemson argus........ just what we need.

Bingo. The number of posts this handle has tells you all you need to know.
Maybe it's clemson argus........ just what we need.
Attacking the ACC you know it has to be him. Boston College, FSU, Georgia Tech, Pitt, and Miami all have a rivalry with ND now. There is no need to make new ones.

Attacking the ACC you know it has to be him. Boston College, FSU, Georgia Tech, Pitt, and Miami all have a rivalry with ND now. There is no need to make new ones.

You are probably right. The guy is a veritable lunatic.

Notre Dame needs to stay independent in football and do everything they can to end the relationship with the ACC. Being associated with FSU, Clemson and Miami does terrible damage to the most admired brand in sports.

Notre Dame needs to stay independent in football and do everything they can to end the relationship with the ACC. Being associated with FSU, Clemson and Miami does terrible damage to the most admired brand in sports.
Please define the "terrible damage" or is this just more lying by you?
Your constant lunacy on an ND football site devalues everyone's experience here. The recent post by you of the 2013 ND southern cal vegas line as current was among your most brilliant efforts.....

If I have 100,000 posts on the Clemson site and two posts here does that mean that I know nothing about football or Notre Dame? If you came over to the Clemson site and posted for the first time, would you all of a sudden feel inferior and embrace criticism from "immature" Clemson members who feel your knowledge and legitimacy is based on your number of posts? Ladies and gentleman, Notre Dame has not been affiliated with the ACC all that long, and most longtime ACC team fans would have had very little reason to confer with the Notre Dame fan base, but since you are "somewhat" of an ACC team, then realize that as the season goes along you will have MUCH more ACC postings! And I for one will not gage your knowledge of football on the number of postings you have. You have to start somewhere! Somehow I thought that the Notre Dame site would have much more insight and embrace football dialogue that how some of the other sites (including Clemson), which have been "seemingly" been overcome sometimes with immature teenage posters, that you may yourself encounter once you go to these sites. But, if it makes your life better, I will refrain from posting here until "maybe" around Clemson-Notre Dame game time. Good luke on your season and I will pull for you as I do the other ACC teams.

Reactions: Bodizephax
If I have 100,000 posts on the Clemson site and two posts here does that mean that I know nothing about football or Notre Dame? If you came over to the Clemson site and posted for the first time, would you all of a sudden feel inferior and embrace criticism from "immature" Clemson members who feel your knowledge and legitimacy is based on your number of posts? Ladies and gentleman, Notre Dame has not been affiliated with the ACC all that long, and most longtime ACC team fans would have had very little reason to confer with the Notre Dame fan base, but since you are "somewhat" of an ACC team, then realize that as the season goes along you will have MUCH more ACC postings! And I for one will not gage your knowledge of football on the number of postings you have. You have to start somewhere! Somehow I thought that the Notre Dame site would have much more insight and embrace football dialogue that how some of the other sites (including Clemson), which have been "seemingly" been overcome sometimes with immature teenage posters, that you may yourself encounter once you go to these sites. But, if it makes your life better, I will refrain from posting here until "maybe" around Clemson-Notre Dame game time. Good luke on your season and I will pull for you as I do the other ACC teams.
Why did you make up a new handle? Stick around we need good ACC representation here. How is your o line looking?

Last edited:

Don't judge all Notre Dame fans on the rantings of one lunatic. cgvr is in the middle of a nervous breakdown or something. Goodluck to your Clemson Tigers except when they play us.
Go Irish!

Reactions: NIN Irish
Don't judge all Notre Dame fans on the rantings of one lunatic. cgvr is in the middle of a nervous breakdown or something. Goodluck to your Clemson Tigers except when they play us.
Go Irish!

Below are your quotes. Apparently you have lost your mind over an African Lion.

Quite frankly, you have always lacked intelligence. Here are your some of your school girl type ravings. My posts are a parody on your lack of balance among other things. Read the following in the context of a Notre Dame football board. You are a clearly unglued and have zero respect for this board.

"I am as right wing as they come but I am very upset about the Murder of Cecil the Lion !" ( Hmm sounds like you have lost it....)

"Sean Hannity is a heartless POS ! He compared the killing of Cecil to the killing of a fish or chicken !" (Yep over the edge here too....)

*** I respect hunters who hunt animals like deer and rabbits for food. But I don't respect trophy hunters like the Minnesota dentist who travels to Africa an bribes locals to bait out a lion for him to kill skin and behead!
Those locals are in trouble so the dentist should be too!" (Very poignant.)

"One shot One kill. Respect the process" (Oh, Deniro in deerhunter makes sense...)

"Is there no end to the minny dentists bloodlust! It has been reported that the dentist offered the trackers to help him hunt down an elephant the day after he killed Cecil!!" Yep, you are off the rails.

"IrishJack, what do you have against Lions? What would this world be like without them? Or Rhinos or other soon to be extinct animals because of scumbags like the dentist? Do you want the whole world just paved and full of mini malls and Arbys?."" (Irishjack is a million times more sensible than you).

It's wonderful that you have used an ND football board to vent on a topic that has no place here. You are clearly deranged and.your posts prove it... btw I was responding to another poster, but you just can't help yourself in responding to me. You are deranged.

Last edited:
Gosh, thank goodness for reason! I have encountered several people on Clemson sites who do not have many posts, so that brings out the immature idiots who call them a Coot (slang for a Gamecock). It irritates me to no end. Yes it could be your rival, but it just as well could be just a new member. I'm glad to see the person who got really critical was in the minority.

I don't keep count, but I believe I have about 2,000 posts on the Clemson rivals. I had more of the scout site but dropped that one because it became lame and I wanted to keep my ancestry.com.

Even though I cut my teeth on smaller time football in the mid 1960's (I was a Citadel fan because that was where I went to games in Charleston, SC) before venturing up to see The Citadel play Clemson in 1971. I then realized that there was a much higher level of football, and at that time Notre Dame was was at the forefront. I still remember getting up early to watch the Notre Dame football show (I cannot remember who the man was that did it, but I can still see his face and hear his voice!) and I was awed by Notre Dame football. Your fight song I thought was always the best followed by Michigan's and Southern Cal's. Even back in the 1960's and 1970's I always thought that ND should be in the Big-10 and always wondered why they were not, since many of their rival were in that conference. I would love for Notre Dame to join the ACC and for Clemson to be in their division, but like the Maryland coach said when Maryland joined the Big-10, he said: "We're in a football conference now!" Well as much as Clemson and FSU try to make the ACC a football conference, it is still mostly a basketball league. Good luck on your season and beat those Horns!!!

Gosh, thank goodness for reason! I have encountered several people on Clemson sites who do not have many posts, so that brings out the immature idiots who call them a Coot (slang for a Gamecock). It irritates me to no end. Yes it could be your rival, but it just as well could be just a new member. I'm glad to see the person who got really critical was in the minority.

I don't keep count, but I believe I have about 2,000 posts on the Clemson rivals. I had more of the scout site but dropped that one because it became lame and I wanted to keep my ancestry.com.

Even though I cut my teeth on smaller time football in the mid 1960's (I was a Citadel fan because that was where I went to games in Charleston, SC) before venturing up to see The Citadel play Clemson in 1971. I then realized that there was a much higher level of football, and at that time Notre Dame was was at the forefront. I still remember getting up early to watch the Notre Dame football show (I cannot remember who the man was that did it, but I can still see his face and hear his voice!) and I was awed by Notre Dame football. Your fight song I thought was always the best followed by Michigan's and Southern Cal's. Even back in the 1960's and 1970's I always thought that ND should be in the Big-10 and always wondered why they were not, since many of their rival were in that conference. I would love for Notre Dame to join the ACC and for Clemson to be in their division, but like the Maryland coach said when Maryland joined the Big-10, he said: "We're in a football conference now!" Well as much as Clemson and FSU try to make the ACC a football conference, it is still mostly a basketball league. Good luck on your season and beat those Horns!!!
Do you post on the clemson board under treetiger? It would seem that your post count would follow your handle. I am pretty sure that is how it works. For instance, all the fsu fans that post here (good guys) have thousands of posts credited to them. So, either you are a new clemson fan/alum poster that decided to cut his teeth on an ND site or you have another handle that you use too. We have had plenty of trolls here and the lack of posts/New handle is usually a dead giveaway....

Thankfully cgvr does not represent Notre Dame or the average poster here in any way. He is a total fraud who hates Notre Dame, sullies the good name of her coaches whenever he can and saddles up with the obscene who promote rape, robbery and all things FSU.

Stick around for more than a day and you will agree. Hell, even Clemson must be mbarrasses by FSU.

Wtf? No no....W..T...F...?

A guy posts something about the Acc conference, offers up an opinion....and you decide to virtually run a back ground check ok him!.?
Who gives a **** if he changed his handle six times. The current post and opinion looks great. Discuss based on that and then shut the **** up about it.
SERIOUSLY.

Wtf? No no....W..T...F...?

A guy posts something about the Acc conference, offers up an opinion....and you decide to virtually run a back ground check ok him!.?
Who gives a **** if he changed his handle six times. The current post and opinion looks great. Discuss based on that and then shut the **** up about it.
SERIOUSLY.
I guess you missed:
Why did you make up a new handle? Stick around we need good ACC representation here. How is your o line looking?

Do you post on the clemson board under treetiger? It would seem that your post count would follow your handle. I am pretty sure that is how it works..

Actually, its not how it works anymore. A few weeks ago I was making the same assumption and asked about it and a couple of our long time posters corrected me.

Actually, its not how it works anymore. A few weeks ago I was making the same assumption and asked about it and a couple of our long time posters corrected me.
Thanks for the info. I wonder why the fsu posters counts follow them here. Or, is that the number of posts they've made on ND's site?

Thanks for the info. I wonder why the fsu posters counts follow them here. Or, is that the number of posts they've made on ND's site?

The details of how it works escape me. I've just observed (after it was pointed out to me) that post counts are not necessarily carrying over. But it would not shock me if No1e (for example) had 20,000 posts or so on this board alone.

SEC ,Big 10 ,Big 12 ,PAC 12,ACC ( add ND as 16th team) would all have to add 2 to 4 more teams to get to 16 . Most likely from the AAC , Mountain West conferences ,maybe some independents . Big is better?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT