ADVERTISEMENT

ND Hoops recruiting

It's a shame JJ Starling left but I see some real opportunity with immediate playing time for quality recruits. This should be an interesting battle that we need to win. I also hear the new coaches son is at PSU. Can we get him too?
Link: https://247sports.com/player/carey-booth-46117603/
Like I mentioned in another post -- I like the hire of the HC -- I think he is a good one. But, Year 1 will be a rough one -- expectations need to be tempered just a bit and allow him (the HC) to make his in-roads with kids.

Like I mentioned in another post -- I like the hire of the HC -- I think he is a good one. But, Year 1 will be a rough one -- expectations need to be tempered just a bit and allow him (the HC) to make his in-roads with kids.
It's important to get quality recruits early so years 2 and 3 aren't equally as bad. I hope we can land some tough but highly skilled inner city players.

Haven’t heard anything about possible transfers interested. Any word? We need to fill half a roster. Didn’t realize ryan could come back. We need help.

I hate saying it but ND basketball is dead.

Trust me I don't like saying that but it's reality.

The guilty party?

The ACC.

Sorry

Haven’t heard anything about possible transfers interested. Any word? We need to fill half a roster. Didn’t realize ryan could come back. We need help.
"Haven’t heard anything about possible transfers interested. Any word?"

Not sure I was classify this as a "transfer" or not, but Shrew's son was let out of his LOI at PSU and is coming to ND.

Reactions: francade
Sounds to me like Shrew has been very busy his first week. As Irish Alice says, mutual interest in Imes. His son is coming for sure. Booth has asked for his release and would be a great pickup. Contact has been made with Shedwick, a portal transfer from virg tech. Woods from Portland and Mahaffey from Penn St are portal transfers who have been contacted. You know there have to be several others. Quick fixes are possible in basketball, and I find all this activity very promising rather than the dumpster where we were headed.

Sounds to me like Shrew has been very busy his first week. As Irish Alice says, mutual interest in Imes. His son is coming for sure. Booth has asked for his release and would be a great pickup. Contact has been made with Shedwick, a portal transfer from virg tech. Woods from Portland and Mahaffey from Penn St are portal transfers who have been contacted. You know there have to be several others. Quick fixes are possible in basketball, and I find all this activity very promising rather than the dumpster where we were headed.
I think that is why they held off on the intro press conference. Coach wanted to hit the ground running and had to get selling his new program.
I didn't know much about the guy but am very excited for the new regime!

I think that is why they held off on the intro press conference. Coach wanted to hit the ground running and had to get selling his new program.
I didn't know much about the guy but am very excited for the new regime!
Indiana natives have an unmatched Affinity for basketball, and Shrew embodies this. I like the shirt worn by some Indiana fans that says….in 49 other States it’s just basketball. This is who Shrew is and I think he’s going to be really effective in selling Indiana and Notre Dame To a higher level of skilled basketball players Than we’ve seen of late. like you, just learning about him, but encouraged.

Reactions: irishalice
Indiana natives have an unmatched Affinity for basketball, and Shrew embodies this. I like the shirt worn by some Indiana fans that says….in 49 other States it’s just basketball. This is who Shrew is and I think he’s going to be really effective in selling Indiana and Notre Dame To a higher level of skilled basketball players Than we’ve seen of late. like you, just learning about him, but encouraged.
The best player in Indiana college MBB is Zach Edey and he’s Canadian!

• Haha
Reactions: irishalice
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT