ADVERTISEMENT

ND 5 star target decommits from Bama

speaking of guys leaving bama, Caleb Downs is transferring. If we could somehow pull that off, the defense next year could be the best in the country. I know it’s a long shot and he’ll probably go to Georgia or something, but I do remember him being high on us.

speaking of guys leaving bama, Caleb Downs is transferring. If we could somehow pull that off, the defense next year could be the best in the country. I know it’s a long shot and he’ll probably go to Georgia or something, but I do remember him being high on us.

Getting Downs from the portal would be longer than a long shot. Sounds like he will end up at UGA, or maybe tOSU. His DB coach at Bama just joined the staff at UGA as co-DC, so that would seem to portend where he will end up. Wherever he ends up some are saying he will get QB-like NIL money, i.e., somewhere in the $1M range. He had a great freshman year at Bama. Someone is going to get a great player, and it would seem that will be UGA, so the rich will get richer. His older brother plays for the Colts, though, so maybe having big bro playing just down the road from South Bend might be of some interest to him. But that is wishful thinking.

Reactions: 1Redrum
Getting Downs from the portal would be longer than a long shot. Sounds like he will end up at UGA, or maybe tOSU. His DB coach at Bama just joined the staff at UGA as co-DC, so that would seem to portend where he will end up. Wherever he ends up some are saying he will get QB-like NIL money, i.e., somewhere in the $1M range. He had a great freshman year at Bama. Someone is going to get a great player, and it would seem that will be UGA, so the rich will get richer. His older brother plays for the Colts, though, so maybe having big bro playing just down the road from South Bend might be of some interest to him. But that is wishful thinking.
Ya I feel that. I feel like a lot of want to think that these guys that had ND second or third chose Bama over ND because they liked Bama more, and now that they’re transitioning ND is their top choice. When I’m reality it’s ND vs a fat bag of money, and that fat bag of money just happened to come from Bama and will now come from another school.

Reactions: tbonesays
Caleb Downs may be the best player un college football within the next 2 years. Wish we had a chance there. Him, Watts and Morrison would be ridiculous

Georgia.

And that's why Marcus Freeman recruiting expectations for me start after Georgia, Ohio St., and Alabama.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Caaaash-Money-Homie.

Georgia.

And that's why Marcus Freeman recruiting expectations for me start after Georgia, Ohio St., and Alabama.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Caaaash-Money-Homie.
FWIW Bamas NIL isn’t really all that from what I’ve heard

Other than QB money. Bama`s biggest asset was Saban putting 10 players a year in the NFL consistently. Their Nil took a back seat to other programs.
Yep, it's why Saban was pushing hard for change. He knew he was going to start losing his grip on hoarding most of the elite talent.

No need, Golson knows everything. Just ask him
Golson5’s wife gave away her set of the encyclopedia Britannica and someone asked her why she was giving the set away

She explained that there was no need for it, because Golson knows everything

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT