ADVERTISEMENT

Mother of Sam Pendleton shares her thoughts on NIL

Tyler James

I've posted how many times?
Staff
Dec 31, 2021
It's a few tweets long, which can be hard to follow with embedded tweets, so I'll paste the text below.

Walking through the recruiting journey with Sam, I remember several conversations we had with personnel and staff at several colleges regarding NIL. The one comment that stuck with me…”it’s the Wild West”. These words blazed to the front of my mind as I watched the landscape of college football shift in this new era.

My heart is broken for several reasons. There are embarrassing moments for these recruits and parents that have now been nationally televised. Hasty decisions have been made, and bridges have been burned. Instead of football being the “great American” pastime, it has become a gambling society. These are kids. These kids have no idea what they’re doing. We are given the opportunity to steward them well. Instead, adults are manipulating them.

We can choose to do better. I am not sure what the answer is to this, but I do know our children are being treated as property, bought and sold, by a system that has lost its way on many college campuses. #choosebetter

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News