ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball MBB: Notre Dame makes strong pitch to 2024 PF Jackson McAndrew on official visit

Charleston Bowles

Posts Like A Champion
Staff
Mar 16, 2023

Notre Dame men's basketball hosted 2024 power forward Jackson McAndrew on an official visit earlier this week. McAndrew is a three-star recruit and attends Plymouth (Minn.) Wayzata.

McAndrew wrapped up his official visit Monday evening and said the two days were a great introduction to Notre Dame's campus, which he'd never visited before.

"I thought it was a beautiful campus," McAndrew told Inside ND Sports. "How things are set up and the vibe you get there is very cool. Obviously, the academics part as well. I don't want to put it into these words but it's like a life insurance policy. You know when you go there, a Notre Dame degree is valued very highly all over the world."

The 6-foot-9, 210-pound forward loved his time with head coach Micah Shrewsberry and the rest of the coaching staff. The Irish showed him their plans on how they would use him on the perimeter, inside and a little bit of everywhere else. He also received specific details on their multi-year outlook for him in Notre Dame's strength and conditioning program. Another part McAndrew highlighted from the trip was meeting and working out with the four freshmen of Notre Dame's 2023 recruiting class.

McAndrew said his relationship with Shrewsberry is in a great spot and has the Irish in strong consideration as his recruitment enters the final stages.

"I got a lot of respect for him, he's a great coach," McAndrew said. "He was in the NBA for a while and came back to coach in college and has a great mind. Even better, he's just a great person. He's very kind and that's something that I really look for in a coach. I think very highly of him. The rest of the coaching staff were very welcoming and made me feel kind of like family."

McAndrew has also taken official visits to Creighton, Wisconsin and Xavier. He told me he's working on taking an unofficial visit to Creighton this weekend. He's also in contact with Stanford and Virginia Tech and may take official visits to those two programs.

McAndrew is very close friends with Wisconsin 2024 point guard commit Daniel Freitag. They're teammates on the grassroots basketball circuit with the Howard Pulley Panthers and took their official visit to Wisconsin together. McAndrew said Freitag is consistently in his ear about joining the Badgers.

Expect a decision before his senior season begins in November.

Link to full story;

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News