ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball MBB: Brey says Hubb won't return, suggests Ryan and Goodwin will return

Tyler James

I've posted how many times?
Staff
Dec 31, 2021
Notre Dame men's basketball head coach Mike Brey dropped some roster updates at the end of "The Mike Brey Show", which was released on YouTube yesterday.

Updated with story:

He addressed the fact that senior guard Prentiss Hubb and graduate senior forward Paul Atkinson Jr. won't be back last season.

"Prentiss, even though he would have a year of eligibility, sometimes it's time to go on and become a man and the next challenge. He had gave us everything he had. He's like a son to me. I will miss him, but it's time. You have to kick the son out of the house sometimes and say, 'Grow up and be a man.' He will move on with a professional career."

"Paul Atkinson really has no eligibility left. There is no rule that's going to help him with that. There's been talk of it. I don't think it's ever going to get done. He's been invited to Portsmouth, which is a great showcase for his ability. He has a Master's degree from Notre Dame, an undergrad from Yale. It also time to leave the house and become a man. We thank both of them for everything that they've done."

Brey also suggested that senior guards Cormac Ryan and Dane Goodwin will be back next season when asked about what excites him about the potential that next season holds.

"It's a group that tasted the NCAA Tournament and now can actually talk about, 'What about a Final Four? What about playing all the way to the Final Four?' That's realistic. If you haven't tasted it, that's not a realistic locker room talk, and I can't talk about that.' I think Cormac Ryan and Dane Goodwin will talk about that a lot all summer and that's a good thing."

Those quotes came at the end of the show starting at 42:42.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News