ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball MBB: 2025 SG target Braylon Mullins pumped after Notre Dame offer

Charleston Bowles

Posts Like A Champion
Staff
Mar 16, 2023

Notre Dame offered 2025 shooting guard Braylon Mullins on Sunday evening. I spoke with the 6-foot-5, 185-pound recruit on Tuesday to catch up about his offer, head coach Micah Shrewsberry, playing with 2025 power forward Trent Sisley and more.

The Irish began showing interest in Mullins earlier this summer. You can read that story about his background, role at Greenfield (Ind.) Central High and knowledge of Notre Dame here.

Director of Recruiting Brian Snow watched Mullins play on the grassroots basketball circuit with Indiana Elite during July. Mullins plays on Indiana Elite with Notre Dame 2025 power forward target Malachi Moreno. Before Mullins traveled to Louisville last weekend for the Battle of the Bridges tournament, Snow said Shrewsberry would call him in the next week.

"He called me Sunday night and we had a good five, 10-minute conversation together," Mullins told Inside ND Sports. "They offered me a scholarship and I was very appreciative. It was definitely [an] exciting moment."

Mullins' team went 6-0 in Louisville this weekend and played with Sisley, a four-star recruit and Notre Dame target.

"It's definitely fun playing with him knowing that I can just throw it up there and he'll go catch it," Mullins said. "We definitely got a little bonding in and overall, it was a great weekend."

Mullins admitted he didn't follow Penn State much but knows what Shrewsberry is capable of from his NBA experience coaching the Boston Celtics. He said he's eager to learn about the program and watch them this season.

Although he isn't currently rated or ranked, Mullins has 13 offers including Notre Dame, Kent State, Iowa, Toledo and Virginia Tech. He's also receiving interest from Butler, Cincinnati, Indiana, Northwestern, Ohio State and West Virginia. He told me he'll look closely at culture, coaching staff and how players bond with one another during visits.

Mullins has already set a date to visit Notre Dame on Sept. 23. He'll watch the Irish practice and attend the football game against Ohio State later that day. He told me he's really excited to see the game day environment. He will also take unofficial visits to Indiana, Iowa, Northwestern and Ohio State.

Link to full story:

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News